Thread: 2/6/12 studs & duds

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default 2/6/12 studs & duds

Studs

Leafs in full bloom
    The Toronto Maple Leafs are flying high right now with a 5-0-1 record in their last six games. Mikhail Grabovski Has 11 points in his last five games to help lift the Leafs back up the standings into Seventh overall. Last nights home win over Edmonton puts the Leafs four points ahead of ninth place Washington and four points behind fourth place Philadelphia.

Dions stats were good Phaneuf for me
    Phaneufs night started very rough in Toronto last night with icings, turnovers and soft plays that led to goals against. At one point I was sure I could hear Scott Hartnell yelling out "suck it Phaneuf". But Dion had the last laugh as he finished the night with two assists, +\- plus one, seven hits and blocked shots

Double double
    Martin Hanzal and Jordan Eberle each had two goal nights.

Honorable Mentions
    Phil Kessel had a solid three point night. He really should have been up in the stud category but that would have made it a Leaf sweep.

Nicklas Hagman scored in the Eighth round of an epic shoot out in Anaheim to give the ducks the win over Calgary

Sam Gagners hot streak is beginning to slow down with a mere single point in last nights game. What have you done for me lately?

There was not a single penalty called in the Toronto Edmonton game last night. Not sure if that should be a stud or dud, just thought it worthy of mention

Duds

Keep your head up coach
    It is extremely uncommon for a coach to be injured in a practice. In fact I can not remember a coach ever being injured in practice. Yesterday it happened twice! Lindy Ruff was slu footed from behind after Leopold lost an edge. Ruff suffered broken ribs. In Toronto Edmonton coach Tom Renny took a puck in the head. Renny missed the game as he stayed in the hotel with a headache.

[Hemsky reduces trade value by four
    In a game after Hemsky possibly increased his trade and market value by surviving a devastating hit from Nicklas Kronwall, he follows it up by going pointless and -4 the next game.

RNH DNF
    The Nuge did not finish the game after taking a hit from Mike Brown in the third period last night. The Nuge is just returning from a shoulder injury after missing the last month.

Dishonorable mentions

Ryan Smyth, RNH, Ryan Whitney, and Cam Barker combined for a -12 last night with -3 each. Brutal!

Bob McKenzie reports the Leafs may not make any significant trades. Thanks dj buzz kill, now what are we going to talk about?
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling

Dobber Sports Ninja

No offense, and I hope you take this as constructive criticism as it's intended to be, but I don't think you could have filled this with more Leafs related material if you tried.

How about talking about Mike Smith defying his career stats and shutting down the Wings and saving 30/31? Or Jonas Hiller out-duelling Kiprusoff on the night (not to mention an insane shootout) where Kipper was going for his 300th career victory?

I get that you're a Leaf fan and I have nothing against that, but it shouldn't reflect in your writing to this extreme. Even though there were only three games going on last night if I read this I would only think there was one.

Again, constructive criticism. Otherwise it was a good read though man.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I see your point and I was aware of it as I wrote it, that's why I kept Kessels three points in the HM section.
    However with only three games I had little to choose from.
    The leafs did have a good night and are on fire right now.
    I was at the game so I didn't get a chance to see much of the other action last night.
    But you are right I am a Leaf fan and I did allow some Homerism to influence this article.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling

Dobber Sports Giant

i enjoyed as always. thanks.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Master

Cam Barker should be all 3 Duds...boy he was brutal.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel