Thread: Prospect Audit

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Prospect Audit

Looking for any insight anyone can add to my list of prospects in a 30 team keeper. My year has gone from bad to worse this year and where I once was clawing for producing players I'm now attempting to mine upside. It's a points based league where almost every stat counts for something but it's mostly focused on Goals/Assists.

I get to protect 8 of these players on my farm (anyone stand out in a good or bad way):

Drayson Bowman (feels like i've been waiting forever and it's wearing thin)
    Reid Boucher (was off to a hot start but has cooled considerably and his +/- is gross)
    Brett Ritchie (this kid is starting to scream of MEH!!!)
    Kyle Rau (was so excited to see him at the World Juniors.....didn't do much)
    Matt Nieto (I'm very intrigued by this guy)
    Danny Kristo (How soon could he be suiting up for Montreal?)
    Tyler Biggs (Bit of a homer pick here)
    Nikita 'you make me want to gouge my eye out' Filatov (I hate owning this kid)
    Mats Zuccarello (Really think he could be an NHLer if given a solid chance)
    Roman Horak (no idea really, picked him up at the start of the year for production)
    Gabriel Bourque (Ditto Horak)
    Jesse Blacker (Bit of a homer pick but I think he will be an NHLer)

Definite Keepers but any thoughts are welcome:

Thomas Tatar
    Jeremy Morin
    Joe Colburne
    Greg Mckegg

Dobber Sports Stud

Nieto should be one of your 8 keepers as he has zero competition in the SJ pipeline and has had a nice start to his college career. When it comes to Filatov/Bowman/Zuccarello they are almost busts, but with the other options you have here (a solid but not spectacular group) I would be tempted to keep 2 of them for one more year, and if nothing significant happens they become easy drops next year. From there on I would probably keep one of Biggs, Kristo or Ritchie, really is a toss-up.

Dobber Sports Expert

Well you got 4 guys already locked up leaving 4 spots.

Like vandalay stated Nieto is a great pickup here, another lock would be Kyle Rau the guy looks like a steal so far despite having a bad WJC. I wouldn´t count much on tournaments usually.
    Danny Kristo is another intriguing kid that is going to make it in my eyes, also not too deep prospects pool ahead of him

4th pick is the one i can´t really decide. Bowman/MZA/Filatov are all kinda busty picks but latley Bowman has gotten call ups. Maybe something on the horizon?
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!

I should mention that there is the potential to protect some of these guys on my main roster if they look like they'll be playing in the NHL next year so please offer any thoughts you have on any of the players. Basically I'm looking to see if there's any consensus on deadweight as much as I'm looking for consensus keepers.

Keep em coming!