Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Commissioner's Office Article Series: Help Needed!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Post Commissioner's Office Article Series: Help Needed!

Hey everybody,

I’m seeking some help from the Dobber community for an article series I’m planning for my bi-weekly Commissioner's Office column this summer. I want to address a question that gets posted in the forum, dozens of times a summer: Can you recommend a good pool management site?

What I want to do is a full-scale review of all the major pool hosts: Yahoo, Fantrax, Office Pools, CBS, Hockey Knight, etc. This will be a multi-article series, with one or two sites featured per article.
    Rather than reviewing all the sites myself, I want to have different Dobber members review sites that they are very familiar with, using a template that I will provide. I’ll review Yahoo myself, and I already have a volunteer for Fantrax, but I’m looking for volunteers to do the others. I’ll do an edit of each review.

Even though this won’t be published till July/August, I’m thinking ahead because I’d like to have the reviews conducted while the season is going on, so reviewers aren’t having to rely on their memory as to how a site performed two or three months previous. I’d like to get the team put together in the next couple weeks, with an April deadline to submit reviews.

I’m looking for one reviewer per site (first come, first serve). Yahoo and Fantrax are already claimed. I also want to cover Office Pools, CBS and Hockey Knight for sure, along with any others that you might want to suggest. If you’re interested, I’d love to have you involved.

Please PM me if you're interested, and I'll update this thread as sites are claimed. Thanks!

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Calling all Black Aces - here is your chance to contribute to a stellar mini-series to-be.

I highly recommend giving a helping hand to Glen.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks a lot Gates. Sites that are now spoken for are Yahoo, Fantrax and CBS. Still seeking helpers for Office Pools, Hockey Knight and any others that anyone may care to take on.

The Airborne Attack

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Our league has been on Officepools for the last 5 years, and I've paid fair attention to the maturing process it has been through.

If you still want help for that one - I am a fully qualified "Template Filler Outer" ! Would be happy to contribute. (..and it'll give me a great excuse to slack off at work )

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks tons 2Evils... got your PM and will respond by e-mail.

The Airborne Attack

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by angelofharlem View Post
    Thanks a lot Gates. Sites that are now spoken for are Yahoo, Fantrax and CBS. Still seeking helpers for Office Pools, Hockey Knight and any others that anyone may care to take on.
    No prob!

Glad to see the spots filling up. I'll email you regarding Hockey Knight.

Another site maybe worth breaking down is ESPN.

I myself, have had a league on thehockeypool.com for the last few years. I like some of the features it provides. However, it caters to more of a limited FA action type of league.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks Gates. Yeah, I'd love to include ESPN if someone wants to volunteer. If you're interested in doing thehockeypool.com I'd be happy to include it. Office pools is now spoken for.

The Airborne Attack

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just to update, Yahoo, Fantrax, CBS and Office Pools are spoken for. Still seeking reviewers for Hockey Knight and ESPN. The review template is ready to go for anyone who wants to come aboard for these sites. Thanks!

The Airborne Attack

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd like to expand the list of sites that will be reviewed, to include Pool Expert, Armchair Pools, Pickuphockey.com and HockeyDraft.ca. If anyone out there is able to tackle one of these (or Hockey Knight or ESPN), please let me know. Thanks.
    Last edited by angelofharlem; February 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: added one site

The Airborne Attack

Dobber Sports Novice

I have been with ESPN for very serious Dynasty leagues in Hockey, Baseball and Football for the past 5 years. If you need someone to review ESPN still, I would be more than willing. My email is [email protected].

Cheers,

Vince

Dobber Sports Newbie

I have been using ESPN for years now. If you still need someone to review it (especially with a template guide) I can handle it for you.
    Nothing to see here...keeper league folded right at the start of the season

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I could review Hockeydraft for you... i've been using it as an admin for about 5 years.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have used ESPN (last two years)
    CBS sportline for 7 years.
    One year of Yahoo last year
    One year of Fantrax two years ago

I will fill out one of the forms.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Novice

Fantrax is awesome!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Wow, thanks for the great response guys! Pays to have Dobber mention it in the ramblings I guess!

We'll let hyena2323 take ESPN, since he was the first to respond. Thanks to the rest of you who threw your names in for that site. Hyena, I'll e-mail you shortly. Thanks!

The Airborne Attack