Thread: All the Wings' Men.....

Dobber Sports Pro

Default All the Wings' Men.....

Keeper below, straight points, points follow players. So I have a glutteny of Red Wings: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, Lidstrom, Kronwall. All of these players count for points for me right now but I'll need to make some moves to challage for 1st in my pool and moving a Wing or 2 may be my only recourse. My other caveat is that we use the same rosters for a seperate playoff pool so Red Wing players have extra value.

But who should I try to peddle and who who have bigger 2nd halves of the season?

Datsyuk- pretty much untouchable as he is on pace for 90pts can't see me moving this guy

Zetterberg- will he hit 80pts or fail to even get 70 this year? Would hold a lot value in my league but I doubt I could get another 80 pt player in a one for one swap ie. Lupul, Sharp, Pominville, Bergeron could be available. Also a playoff STUD...

Franzen- heading for career year.....until an injury hits. Am I too worried? Also playoffs stud

Filppula- Man this guy has notched it up a few levels this year but will it continue? should I hold on or try to sell high on him?

Lidstrom- not much trade value as everyone thinks he will retire, and my only trade partners would be my competitors. Got him cheap and I'll let him retire on my team.

Kronwall- is struggling to get to 40pts this year but is critical to my defense depth for next year. Really hurting at D having lost Rafalski, McCabe (apparently) this year and may not ever get Pronger back.

*Before anyone pipes in about Mike Green his sorry ass is all but traded away....

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you check the game logs/splits on a few players, you'll notice that some are PPG+ while other big names actually suck down the stretch:

-Pat Kane and Jarome Iginla are great 2nd half players. Zetts for one of them might be a good deal.
    -Mike Richards is awful (0.5ppg pace) after the All-Star game.

You could also make a bet on players returning from IR having a great 2nd half:
    Nugent Hopkins, Carter, and Byfuglien come to mind.

It all depends on how you want to play the risk-reward game.