Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kane- elite or merely very good?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Kane- elite or merely very good?

Kane is good. But a top 5 winger no way. AO, Kovo, Heater, Nash, Malkin are better.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Stud

Number1 wrote:
    Everyone is saying that Kane is only good when Toews is around. YEAH RIGHT!!! Lets not forget that he started off this year amazing while Toews was hurt for the first 8 games (give or take). I dont think for a minute that he is only going to be good when toews is around. And from an earlier post Kane wasn\'t in the same draft year as toews, mueller, ej and JJ was even earlier!!!I can\'t say that Kane will be elite but will definetly be a good player to wn.
    Re-read my post, buddy. I said Kane will be lucky to be the sixth-best player from this year\'s ROOKIE class... ROOKIE, NOT DRAFT class.

In fairness to you (I guess), I did preface that by saying I would have taken Turris and JVR before Kane out of this year\'s draft class, but be careful to read a message properly before you \"correct\" the poster. :P
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Number1 wrote:
    Everyone is saying that Kane is only good when Toews is around. YEAH RIGHT!!!
    I never said he wasnt good when Toews wasn\'t around, i just said that he is that much better when he is. He struggled a bit without him, we all know that.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

just to confuse the crap out of everybody even more....

rticinelli, you said you would rather have JVR then Kane? I agree i\'d rather have Turris, but C is always stacked, but when you said JVR, i went :blink:

do a lot of you think JVR is better then Kane? Once again, from somebody who knows very little about prospects and is using the ranking a lot, i saw JVR at 24th, but is that just cause he is 2-3 years away? but is actually a better overall talent then some of the other guys listed before him?

The Great One

Yes that is the general consensus. From what i understand he is a power forward type which usually indicates a longer learning curve. Also Philly is stacked offensively so they have no need to rush him.

Dobber Sports Stud

Kazuma_ wrote:
    just to confuse the crap out of everybody even more....

rticinelli, you said you would rather have JVR then Kane? I agree i\'d rather have Turris, but C is always stacked, but when you said JVR, i went :blink:

do a lot of you think JVR is better then Kane? Once again, from somebody who knows very little about prospects and is using the ranking a lot, i saw JVR at 24th, but is that just cause he is 2-3 years away? but is actually a better overall talent then some of the other guys listed before him?
    Just going by what I\'ve seen in international tournaments where both Kane and JVR participated, I\'ve preferred the latter.

Maybe I\'m just a Kane-hater, though! Anyway, I don\'t see him ascending past the ranks of a \"very nice winger.\"
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

L - Duchene* (C/L),

Dobber Sports Sophomore

wow, thanks for the heads up. I would have just been like \"well, Kane was taken 1st, he\'s higher in the top 300, and he already has NHL experience\", and thought he was way ahead of JVR.

damn, we need like a whole new ranking just comparing these elite kids, lol

Dobber Sports Stud

Not to go back on my own words, but I want to make sure my comments weren\'t misunderstood. Right now, Kane is obviously the one of the two (JVR being the other) who has proven he can produce at the NHL level, so right now he is miles ahead of JVR in terms of keeper fantasy value. JVR could turn out to be a total flop, after all, and we at least know that Kane should develop into a fine winger.

Long term potential, though, I do think JVR is the slightly higher-end player of the two. Turris is, in my opinion, the only player from the 07 draft who has the potential to approach \"elite\" status (\"elite\" in this context meaning a multiple 100-point player).

L - Duchene* (C/L),

Dobber Sports Sophomore

yah, thats what i wanted to know. Obviously, you never know, any of these kids could be a bust, or a 7th rounder (or whatever) like Zetter could emerge.

But in terms of who has the most potential, i was wondering who to go for. Obviously Turris is #1 in my mind too, but he\'s at C. So many good C out there, its crazy. Thats why to me, JVR was interesting, cause he\'s a LW.

wow, but only Turris is elite from 07?? it really was a weak draft year, lol

Dobber Sports Stud

Kazuma_ wrote:
    yah, thats what i wanted to know. Obviously, you never know, any of these kids could be a bust, or a 7th rounder (or whatever) like Zetter could emerge.

But in terms of who has the most potential, i was wondering who to go for. Obviously Turris is #1 in my mind too, but he\'s at C. So many good C out there, its crazy. Thats why to me, JVR was interesting, cause he\'s a LW.

wow, but only Turris is elite from 07?? it really was a weak draft year, lol
    For top-end talent, yes, I believe it was a weak year.

L - Duchene* (C/L),