Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Crosby to skate THIS WEEK!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    I'm no doctor... just wished he'd return, and something doesn't seem right to me.
    Kind of agree here. Im starting to wonder if its mental with him. Is he so afraid of of the "Primeau" syndrome that he is feelings symptoms that may not be there?

I know he wants to get back and is going to extraordinary lengths to correct it, but maybe subconsciously its messing with him.

Who knows...

Dobber Sports Master

Seriously??? You are basically saying he's fine and should be playing?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

These posts are dumb, if he could play he would play.
    There are things known, and things Unknown. In between are The Doors...

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    Diagnosis and remedy from Doctor me:

You have a headache - similar to that which a guy off the street tends to experience after wearing a helmet too tight for more than 2 hours or jogs a mile... Take two advil and go play hockey.

After a few games, you will notice pains in your feet, hands and shoulders that should take the focus away from the headaches... another week after that, you don't recognize you even have a headache... a week after that, you suddenly have no post concussion symptoms. Amazing...

So sick of this. Excuse me for being a prick.
    Excuse me for being a prick, but this is one of the more ignorant posts i've read.
    -you think you're sick of it? Imagine how Crosby feels.
    -You're certainly not giving Crosby enough credit. If he could play, I'm certain he would. There's nothing in his history that would indicate otherwise
    -Let's say for argument sake that he is messed up in the head(i don't mean physically messed up) and he's subconsiously concerned about being "primeau". Do you really blame him? We're talking about his brain. Fairly integral part to living. The guy is like 25ish years old and he's got the rest of his life to worry about. Pretty certain anyone with half a brain would weight out the pro's and con's and take as much time as they need. Especially someone who at 25, has won a cup, gold medal, mvp, scoring title, captained the penguins...etc...etc...the dude can take as long as he wants when it's his quality of life on the line.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    Seriously??? You are basically saying he's fine and should be playing?
    Not necessarily, simply that perhaps one of the "symptoms" he has to overcome is the fear of it happening again.

Obviously he wants to come back, just saying that maybe one of his fears is coming back to early and its weighing on him because of the implications. Sometimes the mind creates situations and feelings that are false without us recognizing them.

I've read it in different places. Teams brass and even players feel that at times, not in all cases, players and doctors have become overly cautious. But I understand being careful. There's millions of dollars and peoples lively-hood on the line.

Dont be butt hurt about it. Its just a thought, thats what the MB is for. There are cases that can be pointed out like Pronger, et all that support not coming back. I get it. He has symptoms and doesnt feel 100%.

Maybe throw a psychiatrist in there, who the hell knows. You guys jumping down peoples throats cause you want to lick crosby's taint is silly. Provide argument. None of us really know anyhow so this is all just speculation.

I dont own him, but just want to see him play for entertainment purposes. So yeah...its frustrating. I really dont care how Crosby feels about it...I dont know him and never will. He is there for my entertainment. So yeah, its frustrating as a fan. Same with Pronger and the rest of them. Settle people.

Quote Originally Posted by ovi42 View Post
    Excuse me for being a prick, but this is one of the more ignorant posts i've read.
    -you think you're sick of it? Imagine how Crosby feels.
    -You're certainly not giving Crosby enough credit. If he could play, I'm certain he would. There's nothing in his history that would indicate otherwise
    -Let's say for argument sake that he is messed up in the head(i don't mean physically messed up) and he's subconsiously concerned about being "primeau". Do you really blame him? We're talking about his brain. Fairly integral part to living. The guy is like 25ish years old and he's got the rest of his life to worry about. Pretty certain anyone with half a brain would weight out the pro's and con's and take as much time as they need. Especially someone who at 25, has won a cup, gold medal, mvp, scoring title, captained the penguins...etc...etc...the dude can take as long as he wants when it's his quality of life on the line.
    This is a good response...this was what I was referring to above when I said provide argument. Thank You,

Dobber Sports Expert

So any actual updates?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    So any actual updates?
    Rotfl. This is funny stuff Smoke.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
    Kind of agree here. Im starting to wonder if its mental with him. Is he so afraid of of the "Primeau" syndrome that he is feelings symptoms that may not be there?

I know he wants to get back and is going to extraordinary lengths to correct it, but maybe subconsciously its messing with him.

Who knows...
    Feeling symptoms that might not be there, huh? I wonder if it's possible to determine if the symptom is real or not - like if you are having balance issues, aren't you having balance issues even if they are somehow psycho-somatic induced?

Interesting.

Dobber Sports Giant

just hang em up for the year.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    just hang em up for the year.
    All-Star syndrome, he won't announce it until the season is over. 1)Too much pressure to get back on 2) Won't want to be out of the spotlight/media for that long (see Peyton Manning harping about the state of his team during the lead-up for his brother's second Superbowl appearance for a recent spotlight hogging)
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Ace

As far as treatments go, I don't believe theres anything other than time that provides a better-than-placebo treatment. Likewise, I'd expect the opposite to be true, that worrying about it more will increase the symptons and increase recovery time.

I'm assuming thats where jhonny was going with his statement.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Feeling symptoms that might not be there, huh? I wonder if it's possible to determine if the symptom is real or not - like if you are having balance issues, aren't you having balance issues even if they are somehow psycho-somatic induced?

Interesting.
    ha...yeah, good point. But you understood what I was saying so...

Dobber Sports Master

If a symptom is felt in the forest, but there is no doctor is diagnose it, does it exist?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Fingers crossed. I hope he stays healthy and has no setbacks.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR