Thread: Kane/Turris/Voracek Upside

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Kane/Turris/Voracek Upside

I have the 2nd overall pick this year in our rookie draft and can\'t decide which of these players to take so I’m looking for feedback.

At this point I don\'t have a clear favourite out of the group but I\'m guaranteed two of these guys (and possibly all three of them) will still be there when I draft. What are everyone’s thoughts on the upside of these players? Any other prospect (van Riemsdyk, Cherepanov, Gagner, Esposito) you’d take instead?
    Team 1
    C: Kuznetsov
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Gaudreau, Huberdeau
    RW: Perry, Voracek, Nyquist
    D: Hedman,
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck*
    Prospects: Lazar, Mantha, Bjorkstrand, Gillies, P.L. Dubois, Konency
    * Prospect Bonus

Team 2
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Coyle
    LW: Saad, Lucic, van Reimsdyk, Kuznetsov
    RW: Ovechkin, Connolly
    D: Byfuglein, Krug, Green, Lindholm, Savard
    G: Price, Varlamov, Anderson, Bernier, Pickard
    Prospects: Nurse, Milano, Hellebuyck, Jarry, Gillies, Chychrun

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Kane/Turris/Voracek Upside

All depends on where they end up. I think Gagner might be a player sooner than later, but it has to be the right fit. I think Turris will spend at least 2 years at college. Of the three you list Kane, Voracek, Turris for short term. Kane, Turris, Voracek long term (3+ yrs).

But that may all change after the weekend depending on who picks them.
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re:Kane/Turris/Voracek Upside

wizworm wrote:
    I have the 2nd overall pick this year in our rookie draft and can\'t decide which of these players to take so I’m looking for feedback.

At this point I don\'t have a clear favourite out of the group but I\'m guaranteed two of these guys (and possibly all three of them) will still be there when I draft. What are everyone’s thoughts on the upside of these players? Any other prospect (van Riemsdyk, Cherepanov, Gagner, Esposito) you’d take instead?
    I would go with Kane, then Turris. However i like Cherepanov better then Voracek. With the 2nd pick i would definitely take Kane or Turris. If you can steal Cherepanov or Gagner with your next pick thats even better. If you need help sooner then later. Kane, Cherepanov and Voracek are the closest to NHL ready, probably within 1 to 2 years. Some predict Turris, Van Riemsdyk and Gagner are atleast 3 to 5 years away. Esposito has the biggest boom or bust label of the draft. He could be a star he could be the next Alexander Daigle.