Thread: How do you manage your roster in the offseason?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default How do you manage your roster in the offseason?

I'm a newbie when it comes to being the Commish of Dynasty and Keeper Leagues. What do you guys do when it comes to managing your rosters in the offseason? I run my pools through Yahoo and you can't really manage anything in the offseason. I'm curious how you guys hold supplemental drafts and keep track of offseason transactions. Any advice?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by bluecollar View Post
    I'm a newbie when it comes to being the Commish of Dynasty and Keeper Leagues. What do you guys do when it comes to managing your rosters in the offseason? I run my pools through Yahoo and you can't really manage anything in the offseason. I'm curious how you guys hold supplemental drafts and keep track of offseason transactions. Any advice?
    Alot of leagues who use yahoo, use proboards or something similiar to that in the off season to conduct entry drafts, etc.

Administrator

I've never been commish for such leagues but Google Docs is an idea to give GMs public access to view/edit documents that reflect the current league rosters.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I recommend Proboards. I started using it this year, it is straightforward and easy to use.
    14 H2H team dynasty, start 4C, 8W, 6D and 1G

G, A, SOG, GWG, PPP, SHP, H+B, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SA, SV%

C - Tavares, Eriksson Ek, Frost, Geekie
    W - Skinner, Kreider, Sharangovich, Stone, Robertson, Hagel, Tolvanen
    D - Josi, Gudas, Montour, Fehervary, Jones
    G - Andersen

Bench - Ingram, Forsberg, Mrazek

FARM
    F - Bergstrom, Tolvanen, Robertson, Benson, Dube, Balcers
    D - Clague, Guile, Smith
    G - Sparks, Petersen

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the input, Keyser. I have taken a look at Proboards.

For anyone using Proboards, do you know of a way to integrate Google Docs into the forum? That would be incredibly useful for me, but I cannot seem to find a way to do it.

Seeing as everyone here is probably in some kind of multi-year league, which fantasy site do you prefer to run your league through? Yahoo is really all I know and I would love to hear your opinions on the sites that you use.

If push comes to shove and I can't find a place that would integrate both a forum and a roster spreadsheet, I wouldn't be opposed to making my own website but that would be a ton of work so I'm hoping for any ideas that you gents might have.