Thread: Pick up Montoya at the cost of Rundblad?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Pick up Montoya at the cost of Rundblad?

Hey guys, I'm in a keeper where a lot of the GMs are knowledgeable but only within say a 1 year scope of player value etc. A GM just dropped Montoya straight out and seeing as how Rundblad isn't going to do much for me this year would I be better off picking up and holding Montoya on my farm? I'm also wondering what are the chances Montoya can cement himself as the #1 in NY if Nabby gets moved? We are possibly expanding our farm teams from 5-7 next year so I can always grab 2 more prospects at that time. Not sure Montoya would be around after this summers expansion where we are bringing in 2 more teams. I'd like some guidance here.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You don't need him, rather keep the D prospect.

Dobber Sports Icon

i'm with Shoeless here, teh NYI situation is brutal for a g-man (right now), and with Markstrom already in your farm team i see no reasom to aquire him. Rundblad may have been shipped to what seems like a poor club, but he is still a offensive d-man prospect, all he needs is time to mature a bit to adjust to the NA game.