Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh sweet jesus, Mike Green

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    Maybe he'll shock us all and end up playing in the CAPS next game (man, I couldn't even keep a straight face typing those ridiculous words).
    Meth is a great drug...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Well, when you have a guy like Mike Green (who has had concussion history in the past) who gets hit head-first into the boards and leaves a shift later, it's not too presumptuous to believe that it's a concussion. Don't believe it is after hearing about the groin, but it was a fair judgement call considering the amount of people that have been taken out of the game for similar hits.
    Nope, not a fair judgement call at all, considering the endless reports about his wonky groin AND the fact that he himself said that the groin wouldn't be 100% when he returned. Not everything is a concussion conspiracy. In Green's case, specifically on these boards, there has been a lot of talk about concussion from several people even though it hasn't been about that at all this season. It's been an ankle injury and then a groin injury. Pure ignorance and stupid assumptions by several DH posters. So to extrapolate leaving a game early to be specifically about recurring concussion problems, when it could be anything injury-related under the sun and most likely the reportedly wonky groin, is just plain stupid.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...&postcount=168

Hope some of you green owners heeded my advice!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Nope, not a fair judgement call at all, considering the endless reports about his wonky groin AND the fact that he himself said that the groin wouldn't be 100% when he returned. Not everything is a concussion conspiracy. In Green's case, specifically on these boards, there has been a lot of talk about concussion from several people even though it hasn't been about that at all this season. It's been an ankle injury and then a groin injury. Pure ignorance and stupid assumptions by several DH posters. So to extrapolate leaving a game early to be specifically about recurring concussion problems, when it could be anything injury-related under the sun and most likely the reportedly wonky groin, is just plain stupid.
    This season there haven't been concussions, but he has in the past. This was taken from TSN.ca:

2011/04/13 Missed the last 20 games of the regular season (head injury).
    2011/03/09 Head injury, injured reserve.
    2011/03/06 Head injury, sidelined indefinitely.
    2011/02/26 Head injury, injured reserve.
    His 2011 season was ended because of a head injury. While it was a little bit rash to say that it was possibly a concussion, but when a guy leaves after having his head hit the glass who has had a history of injuring their head, there's a possibility of the same injury occurring once again.

You have a valid point about many injuries becoming concussion-conspiracies, but prior to a team statement from the Capitals confirming the injury was the groin, it was fair to say the injury could've been a result from hitting the glass.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Administrator

I guess we can't give opinions about what we think the injury might be...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    This season there haven't been concussions, but he has in the past. This was taken from TSN.ca:

His 2011 season was ended because of a head injury. While it was a little bit rash to say that it was possibly a concussion, but when a guy leaves after having his head hit the glass who has had a history of injuring their head, there's a possibility of the same injury occurring once again.

You have a valid point about many injuries becoming concussion-conspiracies, but prior to a team statement from the Capitals confirming the injury was the groin, it was fair to say the injury could've been a result from hitting the glass.
    Agree to disagree then. I think it's completely and utterly stupid to assume a concussion. Besides, exactly when does he hit his head during that hit? I've watched the replay a bunch of times and at no time does he hit his head.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I guess we can't give opinions about what we think the injury might be...
    Of course you can. Just the same as I (or anyone else) can have an opinion about your opinion being well founded or not. Jeez...
    GO WINGS!

Administrator

Agree to disagree then. I think it's completely and utterly stupid to assume a concussion. Besides, exactly when does he hit his head during that hit? I've watched the replay a bunch of times and at no time does he hit his head.
    The speculation happens in every single injury thread. What is so wrong with that?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The speculation happens in every single injury thread. What is so wrong with that?
    It's like saying that a guy who just got clipped across the forearm with a slash MUST have a knee injury. You have to blindly ignore all the information out there about his groin if you're going to say that it HAS to be a concussion. And somehow make that video show that he hit his head. Which he didn't.
    GO WINGS!

Administrator

It's like saying that a guy who just got clipped across the forearm with a slash MUST have a knee injury. You have to blindly ignore all the information out there about his groin if you're going to say that it HAS to be a concussion. And somehow make that video show that he hit his head. Which he didn't.
    Players with past concussion problems can get re-concussed from innocent-looking plays like this one. I don't think it's wrong to speculate either way. In fact, the concussion possibility is what people feared to see. A groin issue is far less of a concern.

Dobber Sports Master

No, it isn't.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Ninja

Head snapped hard, concussion history, increased concussion paranoia in theleague = very reasonable to suspect concussion.

I'll wait a day or two but likely drop him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Carlson owners rejoice!!!
    14 Team Keeper PTS, +/-, PIM's *.3 20 Players, 4 Center, 8 Wing, 6 D-men, 2 Goalies, NHL cap hit $91 Million Total

Centers Tavares, Giroux, Draisaitl, Eichel
    Wing Eberle, Kessel, Schenn, Hall, Nichushkin, Stone, B. Ryan, Connolly
    Defence Karlsson, OEL, Shattenkirk, Murphy, Gardiner, Daley
    Goal Lehner, Schneider

Prospects Shinkaruk, Frk, Pulock, Marner, Zacha, Rod, Kapanen, Leblanc, Kristo, McNeill, Noesen, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sentium is such a troll. Lulz~
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Pro

As a Green owner, I hope it isnt a concussion. But if you look at the 2 hits in these past 2 returns where he left the game, they dont appear to be groin issues, but related to concussion as we've seen with other players. Look at the video evidence and draw your own conclusions. If its a groin, then it may be a Gaborik type siuation where its a 2-3 yr issue but isnt career threatening.