Thread: Drop Budaj?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Budaj?

With Fleury nearly back, I have 5 goalies on my roster. Should I drop Budaj and use his spot to add/drop or should I hold on to him in case Theodore gets hurt or starts sucking again?
    1 Year, 12 Team Weekly Roster H2H League: G, A, +/-, PIM, GWG, PPP, W, SV%, SO.

2C: Getzlaf, B Richards
    2LW: Neal, B Ryan
    2RW: Perry, Hossa
    4D: Pronger, Keith, Edler, Girardi
    1G: Thomas
    Bench: Vanek, Downie, Leino, Versteeg, Pavelec
    IR: Parise

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Budaj?

I think Theo has a good hold on the position and should be the Avs\' #1 until the end of the year. I know Quenneville has rotated all year, but Theodore has played quite well in \'08 and the Avs would like nothing more than to stick to one goalie for the stretch. Theo is looking (and talking) like a more confident goalie lately and his team is playing more sound defense in front of him. With the return of Smyth, Statsny and Sakic looming, I think Theo is in a good position to string together some good numbers.

With 5 goalies already, and both sides of the Pits tandem (which will battle each other), I think you can cut Budaj loose.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Budaj?

As far as I\'m concerned, only an injury can slow Theo down. I believe he\'s playing for a new contract, so I expect he will keep this up. He\'s clearly the #1, and I would drop Budaj.