Thread: Skinner Offer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Skinner Offer

Keeper league, points only, team in sig.

I was just offered Skinner for my Stepan and Radulov.

The way our league works is that we have a 9-player bench and all 3 players are eligible for the bench and as such are automatic keepers.

The offer comes from the team that is 1st right now (and I'm close behind in 2nd place). I know that Stepan and Radulov will later be flipped by that GM and used as trade bait but that's beside the point for now. Also, I don't need Skinner to compete this season - I can just leave him on my bench and use him next year.

Is Skinner worth more than Stepan and Radulov combined? This would open up a spot on my roster for another young player and there are lots of interesting guys available (guys like Boedker, Dalpe, Schwartz, Turris, etc.) so it really becomes Skinner + vs Stepan and Radulov

I'm leaning toward asking for more here. Other interesting young players I could ask for from that GM are: Fowler, Crawford and S. Elliott

Sorry for the long email. Any thoughts on this from the Dobber community would be great!

Cheers. - Christian
    Keeper League, 8 teams. Points only (G=1; A=1; W=2, SO=1)
    12F, 6D and 2G plus 9-men bench (made up of skaters with less than 150 games (100 for goalies) played in NHL at the time of selection) plus 1 IR

F: Malkin, Giroux, Tavares, Perry, Neal, Ryan, Benn, Fleischmann, Erat, Semin, Legwand, Callahan
    D: Edler, Phaneuf, Chara, Kronwall, Bogosian, Hedman
    G: Lundqvist, Anderson
    Bench: Stepan, Eberle, Carlson, Shattenkirk, Schneider, Burmistrov, Huberdeau, Ennis
    IR: Duchene

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If it were me, I'd do it. Skinner's a machine points wise. Yes he's out with a concussion right now but I'd still take him over those two players. Plus theres no guarantee Radulov is coming back while hes playing for tax-free money in Russia so it almost comes down to Stepan for Skinner.
    If you're lucky, as for S. Elliott. Kid's a beast, will be for years to come. I have him on my team and drafted him a couple years ago.
    Good luck!

Dobber Sports Genius

I like the deal for you. You're getting a sure fire producer for a guy who depends on linemates for production and another with question marks (is he coming back, will he produce on a defense first squad, will it take time to adjust back to the NA game). Skinner's a star, on a team that is only going to score more, with high end talent developing on the back end.

If you can get more, great, but if not I don't mind the deal for you, personally.