Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Nicklas Backstrom (Washington) - Head?

Dobber Sports Guru

good news from twitter:

Stephen Whyno ‏ @SWhyno
    RT @VogsCaps: Good news for #Caps fans: Nicklas Backstrom skated y-day and is skating again today at 11 am. On the ice now.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Incredible news! If he can even get a few regular season games under his belt it would be HUGE for my fantasy squad haha. Having him and Green has made it a rough year...
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Pro

Washington Capitals‏@washcapsRpondre
    Retweeter

Favori
    Ouvrir

It is good to see Caps center Nick Backstrom back on the ice in full gear. - http://washingtoncapitals.tumblr.com/
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Guru

Boy, the Caps could use him -- they're fighting for their lives.

Oh, and he'd sure boost my Ovy production down the stretch too (at least I hope!)
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hope he plays this season.

Dobber Sports Guru

Backstrom interview today with Mike Vogel

http://video.capitals.nhl.com/videoc...d=32&id=164745

basically he says still no timetable but he feels good and said he felt good after practicing today and felt good after being on the ice today so things are definitely looking up
    Last edited by wendelclark17; March 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

any new news on him? just made it to my conference finals and would love for him to contribute for me this week! going to be hard to make it to the cup finals without him and the 4.005 adv the other team has up on me! any news will be repped!
    Kansas City Scouts
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 68Cap Use Cap Hit
    F- Hall PKane Gaudreu Lindholm Toffoli Tatar DSedin HSedin Monahan Nash Couture Schfiele Burakovsky Kucherov
    D-Shultz Gelinas Savard BSmith
    G-Price Rinne
    FARM- Barkov Prince RMurphy

New York Raiders
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 64.3Cap Use Yearly Salary
    F-Backstrom Hall Stamkos Stastny Eller Zetterberg Galchenyuk holland Raymond Griffith Zibinajead Barkov Kuznetsov Sheahan Schfiele
    D-Shultz Faulk Franson Hunwick
    G-Price
    FARM- Marcantouni Dansk Grigerenko Morrisey

Dobber Sports Master

Its very quiet on the Backstrom front. He's on my IR, but I dont have high hopes of him for this week.

prins, I have never seen a guy with negative rep here. Even tequilamonster has a green square! hahah Anyways, let's see if this bumps you green.

hha thanks atomic i went to green! i get a little upset with a couple people on this site and they gang up on me giving me negative rep.. its funny cause those guys seem to know everything and diss people but they get a taste of their own medicine and they cry like little babies! thanks for the rep tho
    Kansas City Scouts
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 68Cap Use Cap Hit
    F- Hall PKane Gaudreu Lindholm Toffoli Tatar DSedin HSedin Monahan Nash Couture Schfiele Burakovsky Kucherov
    D-Shultz Gelinas Savard BSmith
    G-Price Rinne
    FARM- Barkov Prince RMurphy

New York Raiders
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 64.3Cap Use Yearly Salary
    F-Backstrom Hall Stamkos Stastny Eller Zetterberg Galchenyuk holland Raymond Griffith Zibinajead Barkov Kuznetsov Sheahan Schfiele
    D-Shultz Faulk Franson Hunwick
    G-Price
    FARM- Marcantouni Dansk Grigerenko Morrisey

Dobber Sports Guru

looks like he will be of little help to those in their H2H playoffs

from twitter:

Stephen Whyno ‏ @SWhyno
    Hunter said Backstrom will do "more" next week. Ramping things up is good thing, but still no indication when he'll practice with #Caps

1m Katie Carrera ‏ @kcarrera
    Asked when Backstrom, who skated for 35 mins today, might join a practice Hunter said that the center will do "more" next week.
    If he starts practicing next week the best I think people could hope for is a return for the final week of the regular season and even then I think that will only happen if the caps are still in the playoff picture. The caps play 6 times in the 10 days so there will not likely be that much practice time.

Dobber Sports Expert

From @kcarrera "#Caps spokesman says Nicklas Backstrom has been cleared for full participation in practice, no restrictions."
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Initiate

C Nicklas Backstrom passed his baseline test "with flying colors," clearing the way for his return to the lineup, GM George McPhee said. McPhee said the decision over when Backstrom returns is now up to the 24-year-old center. Sidelined since Jan. 3 when he was elbowed in the chin by former Flames and current Canadiens forward Rene Bourque, Backstrom has skated 14 of the past 15 days. He participated in battle drills Tuesday for a second straight practice. If Backstrom thinks he's ready, he could return to the lineup Thursday night in Boston.
    (Yahoo! Sports)
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

glad that he is ready. i would almost prefer that for his short and long term fantasy term outlook that he not play the rest of the season and the caps don't make the playoffs. then their failure to make the playoffs would force them to switch back to an offensive team allowing him and ovie to go back to their 100pt form. how much of that is just wishfull thinking.....

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by goligodski View Post
    glad that he is ready. i would almost prefer that for his short and long term fantasy term outlook that he not play the rest of the season and the caps don't make the playoffs. then their failure to make the playoffs would force them to switch back to an offensive team allowing him and ovie to go back to their 100pt form. how much of that is just wishfull thinking.....
    Preaching to the choir dude.

Although if he can help me win my championship this week, I'll take that.
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Initiate

He's not playing tomorrow in Boston, but it sounds like he's getting close. Saturday at home against Montreal seems like a strong possibility.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...html#pagebreak

12-team yahoo head-to-head with daily starts. 24-man rosters. Keep 8.
    4 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 2 F, 6 D, 1 G, 5 BN, 3 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO