Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicklas Backstrom (Washington) - Head?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Nicklas Backstrom (Washington) - Head?

Just saw this in the game recap. Anyone hear anything else? Dare anyone say the c-word?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap?gid=2012010323

"Bourque went to the penalty box for elbowing, while Backstrom stayed in the game for two more shifts but didn’t finish Washington’s 3-1 win over the Calgary Flames on Tuesday night.

“It was precautionary, and he’s getting evaluated,” Washington coach Dale Hunter said of Backstrom, the team’s points leader with 42 points. “We’ll know more (Wednesday).”"

Dobber Sports Ninja

This would be horrible for Ovie owners (and Backstrom owners too haha)... just when the big guy was starting to get white hot

Dobber Sports Monster

Pretty much all the same info I have as well.

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-...50&feedID=6357

Dobber Sports Master

Goddamn. Hoping for the best.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Monster

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Looked pretty blatant to me. Bourque should get tossed for a while as it is a repeat this season.

Dobber Sports Star

guy that get 3 assists then get clubbed in the head. Ban these butheads for a long time.
    I'm getting sick of these jerks. No respect for the game.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If shanny really wants to get this cheap shit out of the game, give him 10 games if not 15. That is as blatant as it gets. I, like the rest of you, am sick of seeing this crap in the game. Backs is elite and he is rolling and as Ballsakic mentioned, he torched the Flames for 3 assists and then Bourque gets him? Buh-bye Bourque.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Ninja

Second time this season, blatant, wreckless disregard for the rules on this one, he should be made an example - I'd go for 20 games if I were Shanny.

Dobber Sports Guru

He will get at least 10 game in my opinion. Such a tool and he had a brutal penalty in the first minute that led to the Caps first goal. I really do think Bourque is a bit thick. Really hope Backstrom is okay need him in my H2H league.

Dobber Sports Star

20 games is not enough. Bourque has bad timing . I own Backs but it has nothing to do with this.

If you stop it now then this league is in real trouble.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    20 games is not enough. Bourque has bad timing . I own Backs but it has nothing to do with this.

If you stop it now then this league is in real trouble.
    I actually agree.. Bourque is not a superstar in this league, and the Flames aren't making the playoffs anyway. More importantly he's a repeat offender, and he has the misfortune of taking out one of the leagues young superstars. I think the circumstances are reasonably ideal for this to be the first time a player gets banned for the rest of the season. I'd have no problem with that.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Realistically speaking, I see him getting less games than Sutton's 2nd offense this season, which earned him 8 games. Probably looking at 5 or 6 games at the most here.

Y! 13 Team Roto (Keep 3 - Yr 3) - G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV%, SVS
    C(2): , Trocheck, Horvat, McTavish (LW)
    LW(2): Sttzle (C), DeBrincat (RW), Hagel (RW),
    RW(2): Pastrňk, Nylander, Konecny (LW)
    D(4): Montour, Letang, Werenski, Andersson, Mintyukov
    UTIL(1):
    G(2): Samsonov, Husso, Talbot, Lyon
    IR+(2):

Dobber Sports Guru

just saw this on twitter:

kbackstrom85 Kristoffer Bckstrm
    Nicky gonna do a concussion test this morning but hopefully it was just a Migraine he got after the elbow hit yesterday #caps

think thats backstrom brother

Dobber Sports Star

Rene Bourque faces disciplinary hearing after elbowing Nicklas Backstrom

By Katie Carrera
    Calgary forward Rene Bourque will have a disciplinary hearing Wednesday morning after elbowing Nicklas Backstrom in the head in the third period of Washingtons 3-1 win over the Flames Tuesday.
    Given that the Flames play again Thursday, its likely NHL vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan will make a ruling on the situation by the end of the day.
    Its possible Bourque could face a lengthy suspension given that he is a repeat offender. Bourque received a two-game suspension in December for hitting Chicagos Brent Seabrook from behind.
    Bourque was assessed a minor penalty for elbowing after hitting Backstrom, while the center returned to the ice for the start of the power play and then took two more shifts. Washington removed Backstrom from the game with 3 minutes and 19 seconds remaining as a precaution.
    Following Tuesdays game the nature of any injuries Backstrom suffered on the play was unclear. Washington has an optional practice scheduled for 11 a.m. Wednesday at KCI.