Thread: Trade Proposal

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trade Proposal

This is a keeper league which allows you to keep 10 players going into the draft. There is a salary cap and at the draft we\'ll bid money on all the free agent players in our league. I have been offered a few trades and would like some advice if I should accept either of them:

Marleau for Backstrom and Pogge

Lecavalier for Toews, Zajic, Suter and 2 Rookie Draft picks

I would consider myself a middle of the pack team. I could go for it, or use this year to rebuild.

**Apologies: I currently own Marleau and Lecavalier.

Post edited by: GoldenSeals, at: 2007/06/20 19:15
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re:Trade Proposal

As a Backstrom owner, I am hoping that we don’t have to wait very long until \'Backstrom (WAS) for Marleau\' is a no-brainer in favour of Backstrom so that is the side I would want to be on. But we are not there yet and this likely won’t happen next year, or even the year after so it depends on you team direction.

The Lecavalier for 3 players, 2 picks is a hard one to answer without knowing your team situation. If you subscribe to the theory that whoever gets the best player wins the trade Lecavalier is miles above all those others. If it were my keeper league I would take Lecavalier in a second.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would say yes to the Backstrom deal. Trade Marleau and aquire the young swede. I would also trade Lecavalier for those guys. Toews will be gold. Suter should round out into a solid fantasy d-man. I would ask for somebody a little better then Zajac. And hopefully those two picks are good. This trade should be made especially if you aquire Backstrom. You will be set for the future. Who\'s your goalie? Do you have any other stars you can line up with these guys??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Rookie

Marleau and Lecavalier are my best players. Other players currently on my roster include Getzlaf, Zherdev, Stoll, Cheechoo and B Richards. My goalie is Raycroft. If I accept these trades, it would also free up more money for me at the Draft. As, Marleau\'s and Lecavalier\'s contracts total 7 million and the combination of Backstrom\'s, Toew\'s and the rest would equal 2 million. This would allow me to pick up another top player at the draft. He also owns Stafford, would this be a better pick-up than Zajac?
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with Zorro. I would rather have Stafford than Zajac. I say that considering the style of play of Buffalo compared to New Jersey. Stafford has more upside. You also have to consider the supporting cast.

Bottomline: I do both deals but ask for Stafford rather than Zajac.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I\'d say no to the Marleau trade for no other reason than you have a young team right now and if you think you\'re middle of the road and want to contend next year you better keep all the vets and proven scorers you can.

Backstrom is going to b great, but Marleau is just entering his prime and should put up 85-95 points consistently for the next couple of years.
    Team 1
    C: Kuznetsov
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Gaudreau, Huberdeau
    RW: Perry, Voracek, Nyquist
    D: Hedman,
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck*
    Prospects: Lazar, Mantha, Bjorkstrand, Gillies, P.L. Dubois, Konency
    * Prospect Bonus

Team 2
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Coyle
    LW: Saad, Lucic, van Reimsdyk, Kuznetsov
    RW: Ovechkin, Connolly
    D: Byfuglein, Krug, Green, Lindholm, Savard
    G: Price, Varlamov, Anderson, Bernier, Pickard
    Prospects: Nurse, Milano, Hellebuyck, Jarry, Gillies, Chychrun

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you have a good team that is going to contend for a few years, then don\'t give up on marleau and Lecavalier right now. Toews and Backstrom are both poised to be future all stars right now, but remember they are unproven and could turn out to be duds. What your getting in return for these 2 all stars is very good young prospects, but maybe not worth it to right now. If you do decide to make these trades then definitely get stafford instead of zajac.
    Points Only, H2H, #1
    C - Stamkos, Toews, Berglund, Bailey, Colborne
    LW - Neal, Burrows, J. Jokinen, MacArthur, Fleischmann
    RW - Gaborik, Kessel, Stafford, Hornqvist, Wheeler, Doan, Tedenby
    D - Doughty, Visnovsky, Whitney, Weber, Goligoski, Letang, Larsson
    G - Thomas, Rinne, S. Mason, Bernier, Rask

Points Only H2H, #2
    C - Thornton, Spezza, Koivu, Carter, Gomez
    LW - Ovechkin, Neal, Elias, S. Kostitsyn, Ennis
    RW - Kane, Hemsky, Hossa, Perry, Doan
    D - Weber, Boyle, Gonchar, Markov, Rundblad, Elliot
    G - Luongo, Bryzgalov, Elliot, Salak, Bernier

I would rid myself of Marleau. There has been a lot of speculation that he will be moved in the summer and with that uncertainty - getting AO\'s setup man would be an excellent move.

I also think Lecavalier will be an mvp candidate for the next few years and would hold onto him... now Brad Richards is a movable piece (fantasy terms)... he will be a 2C in TB and his salary is HUGE for the production you will get from him.
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'d keep Lecavalier (just too good right now), but would consider doing the Marleau deal as long as you can get something better than Pogge along with Backstrom. Although we all know that Backstrom will be great, try to play the card of him being unproven in the NHL, while Marleau is well established as a great NHL player. My guess is that in a few years from now when Backstrom is helping AO win a few Rocket Richard trophies, you\'ll wonder why you ever hesitated.
    11 Team Keeper League
    Scoring: G (3); A (2); +/- (1); Hits (0.1); PPP (1); SOG (0.2); W (4); GA (-1); SV (0.2); SHO (4)
    Forwards: Ovechkin, Parise, Nichushkin, Domi, Eriksson, Toffoli, Boedker, Kuznetsov, Huberdeau, Duclair, Teravainen, Spooner, Silfverberg, Grigorenko and Wilson
    Defense: Pietrangelo, Suter, Carlson, Voynov, Edler, Letang, Pouliot, Beaulieu, Gormley and Sekera
    Goalies: Rask, Allen, Gibson, Greiss, Raanta and Kuemper
    Farm Team: Mantha, Rattie, Bennett, Goldobin, Shinkaruk, Nurse, Theodore, Matheson and Jarry
    2015 Draft Picks: 2nd, 3rd and 9th overall picks
    Active Roster of 12F, 6D and 2G (moves daily)

GoldenSeals wrote:
    This is a keeper league which allows you to keep 10 players going into the draft. There is a salary cap and at the draft we\'ll bid money on all the free agent players in our league. I have been offered a few trades and would like some advice if I should accept either of them:

I would consider myself a middle of the pack team. I could go for it, or use this year to rebuild.

**Apologies: I currently own Marleau and Lecavalier.<br><br>Post edited by: GoldenSeals, at: 2007/06/20 19:15
    I would move Marleau, but I think I would keep Vinny. Toews will be good, but Vinny IS good now and he is just getting to his prime years. If you do move Vinny get Stafford instead of Zajac.

Dobber Sports Stud

GoldenSeals wrote:

Because you only get to keep ten players, I think that consolidation is a virtue. Therefore, I would keep Lecavalier (except perhaps if those picks are very high). I would also prefer to own Backstrom over Marleau, taking the cap hit into account.

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/06/22 00:16
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I just want to thank everyone for all their help. I ended up trading Marleau for the package of players I was offered and I decided to keep Lecavalier after all.
    Keeper League: