Thread: Sidney Crosby Curtain Call?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Exclamation Sidney Crosby Curtain Call?

I hate to raise alarms about this, but I noticed something disturbing today.

I caught the end of the Penguins game today, as I'm a bigtime Pens fans, have been my whole life. I read the recap of the Pens game today after I watched the end of the game.

NHL.com routinely does edits to recaps post player/coach interviews and etc. The author usually adds notes to these games to talk of scratches, etc. In this game, I read a disturbing note; "There is talk of Sidney Crosby being forced to end his career early because of recurring concussion symptoms". I saw it at the time, and I was curious.

I checked back about two hours later and that line was removed. I don't know who wrote that line, but it has me very very concerned and curious. It might just be pure speculation, but the writer asserted "there exists talk", presumably from those close to the organization, and the Penguins have been silent about this, but the news isn't very good. Right now, I have sent some emails/posts/tweets trying to uncover this riddle but I can't seem to find anything.

Shero has expressed his belief that Sid is going to have a long and fruitful career, but I am just not sure right now, all this talk and this NHL.com thing have me more concerned than I was, especially given the gravity of the hit.

This might be nothing and I hope for the sake of all that it's nothing, but this concern is legitimate...

Personally, Im going to hold on to Sidney Crosby....to the end, no matter how bitter, no matter what happens. He's my favorite player and an example of how to dedicate oneself to the game of hockey. This is the hardest battle of his career to date and I hope he comes back, even if it takes three years.

What do you guys think? Has anyone heard anything like this? I am overreacting? What do you guys think happens to Sidney Crosby?
    12 Team One Year H2H Points League
    Daily Starts, no GP limits.
    Roster: 3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 2 UTIL, 5 D, 2 G, 6 BN, 2IR

Scoring Cats:

Forwards
    Goals (G) 1 Assists (A) 1
    Plus/minus (+/-) 0.25 Points (PTS) 0.25
    Penalty Minutes (PIM) 0.25 Game-Winning Goals (GWG) 2

Goalies
    Wins (W) 4 Goals Against (GA) -1
    Saves (SV) 0.1 Shutouts (SO) 4

My Team
    C-Stamkos, Turris, M. Koivu
    LW- D. Sedin, W. Simmonds, N. Foligno
    RW-T. Brouwer, M. Read, B. Gallagher
    D-Subban, Yandle, Phaneuf, McDonagh, Gudas
    G-Bobrovsky, Holtby
    UTIL-B. Pouliot, T. Purcell
    IR-Horton

Bench: Craig Anderson(G), K. Bieksa(D), Plekanec, Ribeiro, M. Johansen(LW)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Crosby's injury is greatly hurting my team the points are really lacking and I'm trying so hard to trade him away but nobody's biting.
    10 Team One Year H2H Non-Playoff League
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, STP, ATOI, SOG, BLK, DEF Pts.
    Goalies: W, SO, Svs., SV%, GAA
    Daily Roster 9 Forwards 5 Defence 2 Goalies 2 UTIL count.
    F - Seguin, Voracek, Ladd, Little, Cammalleri, Panarin, Domi, Barkov, Nelson, Zucker, Monahan, Koivu, Draisaitl, Couture (IR)
    D - Carlson, Faulk, Ekblad, Vatanen, Lindholm, Krug
    G - Luongo, Jones, Rask

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think it's a very real possibility. I know we all want to think otherwise but look at Savard. Crosby's not exempt from that type of injury just because he's the best in the world. I hope this isn't the case as he is electric to watch but it's definitely within the realm of possibility.

I feel for poolies who sold their squads for him when he came back.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Genius

Watching Lindros play in the classic game today , left me wondering.
    What if he'd had the support that Crosby has , would he have been able to put his career on hold and come back to fullfill a longer career than he had?
    There's no doubt that the rumors are running rampant about Crosbys' future.
    All I kinow is that he's fortunate to be able to step back and take time to heal , will it make a differance , not sure but , I bet Lindros wishes he had the same opportunity!
    I doubt Clarke was very simpathetic about his injuries , lets face it , a bulldozer would have had to run over Clarke to keep him out of a game!
    I'm not saying that these guys aren't hurting but , it's your job , if you were working for $15
    bucks an hour with a mortgage to pay and a family to feed would you be sitting on the bench?
    That said these guys have paid their dues and deserve to decide whether or not to sacrifice the rest of their life for hockey.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack