Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade offer, Crosby ++ for Weber ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would definitely take that deal if your league goes straight thru to playoffs. Crawford is a contender for the Cup this year and will be seeing tons of starts. Emery won't and that's for certain, afterall this is Crawford's team. Liles is nowhere near Weber but he's still a stud.

Crosby is on his own level and if you turn this down and Crosby comes back, you will regret it. You can't depend on Dmen for stats because 80% of all point production will come from a forward unless you have a special category for Dmen. I say take the deal!
    One year league:
    G 1 A 1 +/- 0.5 PIM 0.5 PPP 1 SHP 2 ||W 5 L -2 GA -.25 SHO 5

C Marleau(C, LW) / J. Staal(C, LW)
    LW Hall / Eriksson(LW, RW)
    RW Selanne / Malkin(C, RW)
    D Giordano / D. Boyle / Enstrom / Timonen
    Util Ott(C, LW)
    G Fleury / Ward
    BN Varlamov / Hiller / Downie(LW, RW) / Purcell
    IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Regular season only, standard yahoo H2H league
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Star

I think you should do it. Obviously it sucks to lose Weber, but I really believe Crosby will be back at some point and there is just so much to gain from having him in your lineup, particularly come playoff time. As soon as Crosby comes back for another couple of games his value is going to skyrocket and if your really worried about him you can swap him for a hearty pile of dmen. This of course is all based on the assumption that he will come back at some point this season.... either way I think its worth the risk, and if you don't do it there is a good chance your gonna hate your life in march.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    So after some thought, I'm hesitant to take this deal. I'm already taking on a lot of risk that Crosby returns, and I'm nervous about Liles's "neck" injury, as lately, these have suddenly turned into concussions. As a result, I am thinking of asking for Keith back instead of Liles. The new trade would look like this:

His: Crosby, Keith, Clowe and Crawford
    For my: Weber, Eberle

Is this a better deal for me than his original offer?
    I think this deal eliminates a whole lot of the risk you were taking on with the previous deal - namely the Liles "neck" injury. This version of the deal is pretty appealing, though, I must say. You lose Weber, but in his place you get Keith who is likely to capitalize off the offensive studs' production in Chicago, and will also post solid peripherals - albeit not to Weber-type levels.

In your league settings, I see the trade like this:

Keith < Weber
    Clowe > Eberle [close]

Crosby > ________
    Crawford > Anderson

There's a slight downgrade with Keith, as I mentioned above, but you pretty much win out in every other aspect. With Hits/PIMs, I think Clowe adds more value to your team; the gain in those peripherals will make up for the loss in points. You also replace some lost peripherals from Weber, which is solid.

Crawford... not much to say here other than it's awesome that you acquire the Chicago tandem at very, very low cost. Very nice.

As for Crosby, it's a total gamble; however, the way the rest of the deal is structured you are almost hedging your bets in a way. The price of taking a chance on Crosby is so minimal in this situation that if you can get this deal accepted, the upside is HUGE. A healthy Crosby at playoff time could really put your already solid team over the top.

I'm not so sure the other manager will really be too thrilled about this deal, but who knows.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Star

Just saw your updated trade and I think it is a better option. Keith is much safer than Liles and I love Clowe. He's especially valuable in H2H leagues because San Jose is the only team to play 4 games in each of the 3 playoff weeks.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks a lot mounD, I really like how you break trades down on the forums. Hedging my bet is exactly what I'm trying to do by bringing Eberle and Clowe into the deal. I also know from previous discussions that this owner

1. Is convinced Crosby isn't coming back
    2. Loves Eberle (has already offered for him a couple of times)
    3. Wants to offload Crawford

Considering these things, I think there's a decent chance he'll either accept this counter-offer, or counter again with someone slightly less valuable than Clowe.

I just wanted to double check my logic before sending the offer, thanks a ton. Sending the offer now.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Veteran

And forumname, great point about the San Jose playoff sched. thanks!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    So after some thought, I'm hesitant to take this deal. I'm already taking on a lot of risk that Crosby returns, and I'm nervous about Liles's "neck" injury, as lately, these have suddenly turned into concussions. As a result, I am thinking of asking for Keith back instead of Liles. The new trade would look like this:

His: Crosby, Keith, Clowe and Crawford
    For my: Weber, Eberle

Is this a better deal for me than his original offer?
    Definitely take this deal for reasons mentioned by mounD.

Cheers and good luck with the trade!
    One year league:
    G 1 A 1 +/- 0.5 PIM 0.5 PPP 1 SHP 2 ||W 5 L -2 GA -.25 SHO 5

C Marleau(C, LW) / J. Staal(C, LW)
    LW Hall / Eriksson(LW, RW)
    RW Selanne / Malkin(C, RW)
    D Giordano / D. Boyle / Enstrom / Timonen
    Util Ott(C, LW)
    G Fleury / Ward
    BN Varlamov / Hiller / Downie(LW, RW) / Purcell
    IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Trade accepted, and I'm a proud new Crosby owner! The deal ended up as

My: Eberle, Weber for his: Crosby, Crawford, Keith, and Clowe

I have to admit, it really hurts to trade away Weber, but the deal helps my goaltending a ton, as has way too much upside for me to walk away from. Thanks all you Dobberites that helped me talk through this trade last night, greatly appreciated!!!!

Merry Christmas!