Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big trade in my main keeper (Doughty)

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Big trade in my main keeper (Doughty)

I made a blockbuster in my main league. I know I overspent but by how much? Or do you like the deal? This is a keeper league:

I GET: Drew Doughty, D

I GIVE: Tobias Enstrom, D, Dmitry Kulikov, D, and Nino Niederreiter, F

Ok, let me have it. Please note D scoring is huge in my league and I gave up two studs for one who I believe could rebound into an elite-ish option.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ninja

Despite how much I loathe DD, I'm not so blind that I can't see his long-term potential.

Tobi and Kulikov are a steep price to pay, but I think you've got enough depth right now on the blueline and enough blue chip prospects in the pipeline with guys like Orlov, Larsson, Elliott, etc that I think this makes a lot of sense for you. Your format also favours a guy like DD who has the potential to put up a lot more goals than the two guys you dealt who are mainly set-up guys.

A lot of upside here... I like it.

Administrator

Oh man, this is pretty much points only. Gawsh that is tough. I mean, Enstrom is as close to a lock as they come to drop 50 points, albeit with 40+ of those being dimes. Kulikov is venturing into that weird breakout zone and Doughty is stuck in the funkiest of funks. I actually think he has the funky cold medina.

Strictly speaking you want to get the best player in any deal and you are getting that in Doughty but that's based on upside. I have no qualms making wild speculations about player's off ice activities when it comes to the likes of Richards and Doughty. I think Richards landing in LA with Doughty is the worst thing that could happen to those two. No question they are running around like bar stars. Here's the thing, Richards can go out get bombed and still be the hardest working player on the ice at practice the next day. Can Doughty keep up?

I think the best thing that could happen for the Kings is this coaching change. Suter is going to lay the smack down. Is this where Doughty turns it around and gives us the potential we all expected? It better be!

Anyways, I'm not in love with the move but I think you gotta gamble. If Doughty was producing you wouldn't get him for this price. You wouldn't get him at all.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

I had no idea Richards was such a baller haha

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I had no idea Richards was such a baller haha
    He is the ballin'est of ballers. Gagne in LA doesn't help either. That dude is one of Richie's favourite wingmen and I'm not talking about the ice.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    He is the ballin'est of ballers. Gagne in LA doesn't help either. That dude is one of Richie's favourite wingmen and I'm not talking about the ice.
    If I didn't know any better I'd think you were following these guys around in LA

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I made a blockbuster in my main league. I know I overspent but by how much? Or do you like the deal? This is a keeper league:

Ok, let me have it. Please note D scoring is huge in my league and I gave up two studs for one who I believe could rebound into an elite-ish option.
    i like it. i am of the mindset that DD is the 2nd best Dman to own in points only, keeper, set up. Green still holding a special place in my heart at the top.....but could find himself outta there shortly. DD's long term potential is sexy.

you defintiely paid a hefty price but as metal said, if DD was producing, no way you get him for that price!

love the off-ice speculation chat. funny stuff.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Administrator

If I didn't know any better I'd think you were following these guys around in LA
    Oh man, I wish. For so many reasons I wish.

Dobber Sports Legend

Thanks for the chime in boys. I've wanted Doughty for a while but I hated giving up Kulikov - hated it. Enstrom I like, but I could live with that. Nino has real nice upside but I I can live with that too. But Kulikov, that's a tough pill to swallow. He could be a 45 point D-Man this year and has the skills to be 50+. Enstrom is a lock.

Doughty better bounce back or this deal could be a disaster. But like Blayze said - I have depth. I was able to draft Slava Voynov and Sven Baertschi today in my Holiday Draft to try to make up for the loss of Kulikov and Nino.

So at the end of the day it was:

OUT: Enstrom, Kulikov and Niederreiter

vs.

IN: Doughty, Voynov and Baertschi

Now my Big 3 on D are Karlsson, Doughty and Yandle. The other 3 starters are interchangeable based on match ups. For Christmas I'm hoping Jack Johnson is traded so Voynov gets a crack at top PP mins. with Doughty.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Administrator

Honestly, this could be a weird blessing in disguise cuz Voynov has at least similar upside as Kulikov and Baertschi could easily be better than Niederreiter with your scoring.

Dobber Sports Ninja

You've got 2 of the top 3 defensive keepers in the whole league... and now Doughty too.

In your format that's pretty ridiculous.

I'm also huge on the pickup of Voynov... surprised he wasn't already owned.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post

Wow, after the Baertschi and Voynov pick ups this trade makes a ton of sense for your team. Nicely done!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Legend

You've got 2 of the top 3 defensive keepers in the whole league... and now Doughty too.
    Karlsson, Doughty and Yandle are my answer to Robinson, Savard and Lapointe.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Legend

Honestly, this could be a weird blessing in disguise cuz Voynov has at least similar upside as Kulikov and Baertschi could easily be better than Niederreiter with your scoring.
    Interesting take Metal. I think if JJ is moved and Voynov could get decent PP time and more minutes overall he could put up good points. That said, I see Kulikov being the undisputed #1 rock in Florida and would rather have him than Voynov for sure. Voynov needs opportunity and if he doesn't get it I'm worried he bolts. As for Baertschi, I think he's more of a setup man and Nino more of a scorer - are you thinking differently? Would really like to hear more details on your opinion here.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Giant

So wait MD...

Are you saying that Gagne "sits in gum" for Richie on a regular basis? What a wingman...
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin