Page 8 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    A nice selection for sure Fast Tony. I love Oregon. My family and I make our way down to Bend each summer. I hit the bend Brew Fest (late Aug) and it is unreal! I also take the family to the Dechutes BrewPub...what a great place with a great selection of beer and food. Dechutes is one of the few Or brews we get up here. Love the Black Butte Porter!

Cheers!
    Ah Black Butte I totally forgot my bar staple. I've been on the hunt for Canadian brews and I just can't find many down here....Labatt and Moulson of course, and some Kokanee every now and then which I like, but that's really about it. I'm not really sure how to get ahold of any either besides driving up to the duty free shop at the border haha.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut
    I have found Nirvana, and I ain't talking about the band either. Life doesn't get much better than an ice cold bottle of Boulevard Bully! Porter and some Krispy Kreme Bacon Cheeseburgers.
    I'm gonna have to check this Boulevard Bully out.....I'd never even heard of it but apparently the qwikee mart down the street from my house sells it.....who knew?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Was craving beer so bad I took a silver bullet... aka Coors Light. Boooo.

Dobber Sports Monster

Bunch a damn alcoholics around here!!

Dobber Sports Wizard

A nice selection for sure Fast Tony. I love Oregon. My family and I make our way down to Bend each summer. I hit the bend Brew Fest (late Aug) and it is unreal! I also take the family to the Dechutes BrewPub...what a great place with a great selection of beer and food. Dechutes is one of the few Or brews we get up here. Love the Black Butte Porter!

Cheers!
    Is that Dechutes or Deschutes? Boulevard has a limited edition beer on their website called Collaboration #2 that they make with Deschutes Brewery in Bend Oregon that's why I ask. I just happen to follow the link off the Boulevard site to Deschutes and I see where Deschutes beer will soon be available here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Ah Black Butte I totally forgot my bar staple. I've been on the hunt for Canadian brews and I just can't find many down here....Labatt and Moulson of course, and some Kokanee every now and then which I like, but that's really about it. I'm not really sure how to get ahold of any either besides driving up to the duty free shop at the border haha.

I'm gonna have to check this Boulevard Bully out.....I'd never even heard of it but apparently the qwikee mart down the street from my house sells it.....who knew?
    That beer finder dohickey on Boulevard's website is cool. It seems to track exactly what varieties of their beer each vendor stocks. It doesn't just say this place carries our stuff. Using that I found that the closest liquor store carries 6 varieties of their beer, but if I drove another 3/4 of mile there was a store that carried 16 varieties. Pretty cool if you ask me.

I'm having a blast pimping Boulevard's beer on here. I oughta go google Boulevard and see where this thread ranks on that search.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Was craving beer so bad I took a silver bullet... aka Coors Light. Boooo.
    Your sooo going to hell for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Bunch a damn alcoholics around here!!
    We're not alcoholics. We're drunks. Alcoholics go to meetings.
    Last edited by NoWayOut; December 24, 2011 at 6:05 AM.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Is that Dechutes or Deschutes? Boulevard has a limited edition beer on their website called Collaboration #2 that they make with Deschutes Brewery in Bend Oregon that's why I ask. I just happen to follow the link off the Boulevard site to Deschutes and I see where Deschutes beer will soon be available here.
    Oops, my bad on the spelling. That collaboration would be awesome!

Fast Tony....stay away from the Labatt and Molson stuff if you can. Kokanee is OK, but it's really no different than Bud/Coors junk. A lot of the bigger stores in Wash state have started selling Central City's stuff in cans (all good) and a lot seem to sell the stuff from Howe Sound Brewing (in the bigger bottles). Worst case scenario....we can hook up later in August at the Brew fest and I'll bring you a box of the Canadian 'real' stuff.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Genius

Clovis...you're from California, right? You are in beer heaven. Make sure you go out and find the following breweries:

Russian River..Santa Rosa
    Lagunitas...Petaluma
    Kern River
    Ballast Point
    Alpine Beer Co
    The Bruery

Enjoy!
    I will definitely check those out. There are so many breweries here, and then to top it off, if you like wine, then that opens up a whole new world. I'm still more of a beer guy, but my bro lets be taste some very nice wines from Napa.

Anyway, I've really considered trying out brewing from home. I know some people who have tried it, but for a couple hundred (and much cheaper if you want) you can brew from home and gain intimate knowledge of brewing.

Oh and Thanks Dyz. Glad to have started a great thread here. That's my Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and Happy Kwanzaa (Not sure how they say this)?
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Genius

Oh Deschutes is pretty good. Their Obsidian is a bit much for me. I've found that's a great beer to use when cooking chili though.

Samuel Smiths everything is just pure awesomeness in a bottle. Love their beers.

Speaking of Canadian brews. I have had Maudite and maybe some of the other brews from that company. I just remember that the story of Maudite is that these dudes rowed their canoe to the moon and found the recipe for their ale there or something like that. Pretty sure that brew is made with weed.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Wizard

Oops, my bad on the spelling. That collaboration would be awesome!

Fast Tony....stay away from the Labatt and Molson stuff if you can. Kokanee is OK, but it's really no different than Bud/Coors junk. A lot of the bigger stores in Wash state have started selling Central City's stuff in cans (all good) and a lot seem to sell the stuff from Howe Sound Brewing (in the bigger bottles). Worst case scenario....we can hook up later in August at the Brew fest and I'll bring you a box of the Canadian 'real' stuff.
    Deschutes' half of the collaboration is called Conflux No. 2. Here's a link to a short piece on the Deschutes site about Conflux No.2 and how it came about.

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/blog...eate-white-ipa
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Expert

That's awesome! Is it too early for a beer?

Yeah, tgraveline........(where is Clovis?) that Maudite stuff is from Quebec....pretty strong stuff.....they do mostly Belgian styles (similar to Russian River)

The brewery/pub in Santa Rosa (Russian River) is amazing! A buddy and I drove down from Vancouver for my birthday last summer.

Cheers boys!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Wizard

Oh ya totally I have no delusions of what Moulson and Labatt are haha, they're the Canadian cheap stuff. I still enjoy them but I'm weird I don't mind Coors Light or PBR either although they're not what I prefer of course. Saw some Alexander Keith's at the store today and almost got it but I remembered someone in here said it's not very good anymore...

Got that for Christmas tonight. My phone's camera kinda sucks but it's a pack with Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, IPA, and Nut Brown Ale, plus a glass. Best present I got all night.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Pro

Fast Tones - Keith's is a non hoppy IPA, so really not an IPA at all. Up until 2 or 3 years ago, it was only brewed in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and was considered an import in the rest of Canada. Now it is brewed nation wide. They market Alexander Keith a lot as a real person a lot in Nova Scotia, and really push his birthday as a party night. They say he was a great brewmaster who was so great he became mayor of Halifax, but really he married an Oland, and humiliated himself and his family after he started seeing a very young asian girl. Sorry for the quick history blurb.

The beer is ok, but not a fine beer of the world.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Expert

Ross the Boss - I don't mind the history lesson at all. It makes me like keith's even less. I can't believe they get away with calling it an IPA. people who drink it regularly must be in for quite the shock when they hit a bar thta doesn't have it, order a 'real' IPA and then have to send the IPA back.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere too they now brew Keith's in the US....only thing is...it's brewed by AB...so really, just a different version of Bud.

Fast Tony - Santa did you well with that 3 pack.

I'm off to the big city tonight to Rogers Arena to see the Oil. Going to hit the Yaletown BrewPub with the wife for some pre game brews.......

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    Oh Deschutes is pretty good. Their Obsidian is a bit much for me. I've found that's a great beer to use when cooking chili though.

Samuel Smiths everything is just pure awesomeness in a bottle. Love their beers.

Speaking of Canadian brews. I have had Maudite and maybe some of the other brews from that company. I just remember that the story of Maudite is that these dudes rowed their canoe to the moon and found the recipe for their ale there or something like that. Pretty sure that brew is made with weed.
    Hops are part of the same plant family as marijuana, so there is some truth to your statement.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Worst Beermas Ever. Beers consumed during the xmas season thus far have been Coors Light, Kokanee, and Canadian... umm, yea. I'm craving some good stuff.

Dobber Sports Expert

Yikes! That's awful man. Do you not have any liqour stores around? Beer and Wine Stores? Friends and family with little taste? I've come to realize not many people are too fussy about what they drink, and I would never turn down a free one.....wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Better luck over the next few days....plan ahead for any New Years celebrations.