Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Karlsson = Respect!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Is it worth trading Getzlaf + for Karlsson??

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    It depends. If you are stacked at Forward/Center, or your forwards are decent without Getzlaf, then I would do it. Getzlaf can be very good, but he isn't a top 10 forward. Karlsson is on fire this year, and he is 21.
    Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals. - Bender

Dobber Sports Legend

I would make that trade instantly. I've never been sold on Getzlaf as much as most. Real nice player but he's assist-heavy and always seems to miss a clump of GP. I don't see Getzlaf as a steady 90-100 point threat because there always seems to be "something" that prevents it. Over the weekend, I was offered Getzlaf straight up for my Kuznetsov and I declined (granted, forwards who are assist-heavy are the least valuable in my format). That said, I'd take a 21 year old D-Man who could score 60-70 each year over a C who has talent for 90+ but will usually give 70-80ish.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

Do you mean from your perspective or the Ducks?

In either case, I would say yes... Depending on what that + is, of course. Need more info.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Stud

So what are we saying here, boys? Karlsson is the best fantasy defenseman to own, followed by Yandle?

I feel like I've read this somewhere else recently.
    <--------

I had the pleasure of watching Yandle in person last night at the Garden, and am excited to see Karlsson in action tomorrow night. Admittedly, Yandle didn't impress much. Then again, the Rangers have a knack lately of making their opponent seem unimpressive.

Question: where would you rate Letang with this group? I'm debating making a big play for Karlsson that would involve trading Letang. Would give me Karlsson and Yandle as my 2 keeper defensemen.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rticinelli View Post
    So what are we saying here, boys? Karlsson is the best fantasy defenseman to own, followed by Yandle?

<--------

I had the pleasure of watching Yandle in person last night at the Garden, and am excited to see Karlsson in action tomorrow night. Admittedly, Yandle didn't impress much. Then again, the Rangers have a knack lately of making their opponent seem unimpressive.

Question: where would you rate Letang with this group? I'm debating making a big play for Karlsson that would involve trading Letang. Would give me Karlsson and Yandle as my 2 keeper defensemen.
    I think the Big 5 right now are:

1. Karlsson
    2. Green
    3. Doughty
    4. Yandle
    5. Letang
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rticinelli View Post

<--------

Karlsson and Yandle are my 2ds and I'd rank them 1-2 in a keeper league. Before his concussion Letang was right in that discussion, but seeing what's happened to other concussed players and recurring symptoms I feel that makes his value drop significantly.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed your stats line. I was speaking from a points-only perspective. Frankly don't know enough about the players' peripherals to judge accurately. Still, I'd be concerned about Letang's health going forward and unless he wins pereipherals by a (really) wide margin, I'd feel alot more comfortable with Karlsson.
    Last edited by Thunder; January 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Over the weekend, I was offered Getzlaf straight up for my Kuznetsov and I declined (granted, forwards who are assist-heavy are the least valuable in my format).
    Gee, I was just offered J. Staal, Tarasenko and a 1st for my Getzlaf and thought that was an easy pass. Guess it really depends on league setup, but man I think that's putting a lot of faith on a guy who hasn't yet played in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Legend

Here's another nice Karlsson article from NHL.com.

The title says it all: "Sweden Embraces Karlsson as Next Great D-Man"
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Legend

Karlsson returns tonight with 2 more assists.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Banned

Erik Norrisson and Carl Hagelin were in some skating competitions a couple of times tonight.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So if you are being offered Karlsson+ in a trade for your Crosby, do you take it? I am in first place and want to make sure I seal it. Need help on D.

trade offer is:
    Tavares
    Karlsson
    Benn
    Chara

For my Crosby

Keepers would end up being:
    D Sedin
    Stamkos
    Parise
    Tavares
    Karlsson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by boneman View Post
    So if you are being offered Karlsson+ in a trade for your Crosby, do you take it? I am in first place and want to make sure I seal it. Need help on D.

trade offer is:
    Tavares
    Karlsson
    Benn
    Chara

For my Crosby

Keepers would end up being:
    D Sedin
    Stamkos
    Parker

Tavares
    Karlsson
    Dude. You give up a serious risk in crosby and get Tavares and Benny (which I'd nearly consider on it's own...then a chara and karlsson for shits and giggles? Pull the trigger man...before he comes to his senses!

Dobber Sports Master

Off topic but....

Its a keep 5 league, so this trade might not be all pizza and beer. Your main goal should be to win this year, you are in 1st place and this would most certainly seal it for you. I think the deal on offer will ensure that, while not exactly selling the farm.

Trade offer:
    Tavares, Karlsson, Benn, Chara
    for
    Crosby

Current keepers
    : (which I believe are different to the ones you highlighted)
    Crosby, D Sedin, Stamkos, Parise, Rinne

Potential keepers: (which I believe are different to the ones you highlighted)
    D Sedin, Stamkos, Parise, Tavares, Rinne

So basically, I think you are swapping Tavares in for a keeper to replace Crosby. I'd rather keep a goalie over Karlsson or Chara who are close to choose between. I think that is a safe trade to make. Tavares will be a stud and I think that is a safe bet. The problem with safe bets is that Crosby has the skill to outscore Tavares by a good 30 points next year if he's healthy. Which brings us to the actual questions you have to answer...

1) Will Sidney Crosby, the best player in the world by a fair margin, play 80 games next year?
    If the answer is no for you, make the deal. Not much to discuss. If you think the answer is yes...

2) Can I win without making this deal?
    You have got some really hot players who have produced more than what was expected. Versteeg, Vrbata, Sharp have been awesome for you this year. I think over performing tho. Sharp broke his wrist and the others could easily lose form.

I would not feel comfortable enough to pass this deal up. Even if you have to drop players to make room, there are a few waiver wire candidate on your lineup. Your objective is to win. You can do it by making this deal, so I think its one that you cannot pass up.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

4 points today (so far) vs. the Islanders. Just another typical afternoon in the life of Erik Karlsson.
    Last edited by GrinningBuddha; February 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM.
    CBS 15 Team Dynasty League (keep 4)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(1), SHP(2), DG(+2), DA(+0.5)
    W(5), S(.1), GA(-1), SO(5), OTL/SOL(2.5)

Dress weekly: 6 FW, 3 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Stamkos, Kucherov, Arvidsson, Hischier, Atkinson, Keller, Bjork, Stepan, E. Lindholm

Defense: Karlsson, Klefbom, Ekblad, Dumba, Montour
    Goal: Talbot, Elliott