Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Karlsson = Respect!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Last year, Byfuglien looked like a 70 point d-man. Letang was the same. They're both studs too, but it's hard to sustain that pace.

When Green did it, he was on a team with a ridiculous scoring philosophy, an unbelievable supporting cast, and he netted a load of goals. If someone will pay banking he's a 70 pointer this season (in a one-year), I'd definitely listen to offers.

Can Karlsson put up 70 this season? Sure.
    Would I bet on the under? Yes.
    I wasn't getting into predicting what sort of point totals he'd finish the year with. Taking the under on 70 isn't a bad bet seeing as how it's an extremely rare feat for a d-man. If I was betting on any d-man in the league to pull it off it would be Karlsson, no doubt about it.

For the record, I never thought Byfuglien could sustain that pace (he will never hit 70) and Letang didn't have a chance without Crosby and Malkin for most of the year. Put Karlsson on Pittsburg or Washington's PP and we'd really have something to talk about

The argument over who qualifies as a stud d-man should not be based on what team he plays for.....teams rise, teams fall, players get moved, etc. Karlsson is the most offensively skilled d-man in the NHL, period!

Dobber Sports Pro

I picked up Karlsson in our keeper pool as one of the dropped players! Everyone at the draft table snickered and laughed at me too. All I said was this kid is dynamite and so far he is proving me right.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    I picked up Karlsson in our keeper pool as one of the dropped players! Everyone at the draft table snickered and laughed at me too. All I said was this kid is dynamite and so far he is proving me right.

So assuming it's the league in your sig, with 3 D keepers from year to year, and a STRAIGHT POINTS league, and Karlsson was a dropper? My word...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    So assuming it's the league in your sig, with 3 D keepers from year to year, and a STRAIGHT POINTS league, and Karlsson was a dropper? My word...
    Yea its the pool in my sig and 3 D keepers from year to year. The guy who dropped Karlsson had Suter,Letang,Doughty,Karlsson and made the decision Karlsson wasnt a keeper for him. I would of dropped Suter but the guy won the pool last year so I cant criticize his decisions to much...

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

Dobber Sports Expert

Karlsson dropped before Suter in a straight pts? Wow, I could maybe see it if the league counted hits/blocked shots and +/- etc. Bet he's wishing he could re do that one.
    Last edited by bumchilly25; December 21, 2011 at 2:18 PM.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    Karlsson dropped before Suter in a staright pts? Wow, I could maybe see it if the league counted hits/blocked shots and +/- etc. Bet he's wishing he could re do that one.
    Yes,Karlsson dropped before Suter. I imagine he does want to re-do that. I think he kept Suter because he has had him since the pool began but I am not entirely sure. I even offered him Visnovsky for Karlsson last year when Visnovsky was a beast and he said I was selling high on him. If only he tried to move one of his 4 defence and he might have something helping his team right now.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yes,Karlsson dropped before Suter. I imagine he does want to re-do that. I think he kept Suter because he has had him since the pool began but I am not entirely sure. I even offered him Visnovsky for Karlsson last year when Visnovsky was a beast and he said I was selling high on him. If only he tried to move one of his 4 defence and he might have something helping his team right now.
    Shame on you... you dropped a spicey load on your league with one simple add.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Expert

I even offered him Visnovsky for Karlsson last year when Visnovsky was a beast and he said I was selling high on him. If only he tried to move one of his 4 defence and he might have something helping his team right now.
    It gets worse for him? Wow! That was a great offer (last year) considering he ended up with nothing for Karlsson. Can't imagine he'll be repeating making bad moves like that.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    It gets worse for him? Wow! That was a great offer (last year) considering he ended up with nothing for Karlsson. Can't imagine he'll be repeating making bad moves like that.
    I thought it was a great offer for him too! In the end he got nothing and I am sure he regrets it but he also trade Sharp for Tavares last year and somehow convinced the guy with Tavares to give him a draft pick lol.

God dam used car salesmen...want an arm and 2 legs for every player...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Karlsson is real, no doubt about it. He is dynamic and he makes something happen all the time. I agree with a previous post...the surprizing offense in Ottawa is definately a result in Karlsson's play.

He is a guy you shouldn't be trading right now in a keeper or a one year league.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    In most point-only, keeper formats I wouldn't trade Karlsson for ANY single player.
    That is a bold statement!

The problem with saying that is the number of times we've all seen extremely talented defensemen produce at a torrid pace one season and than drop off the next.

Is Karlsson the next Lidstrom, or is he the next Doughty, Green, Yandle the list could go on and on and on!

I'm not saying anyone should dump Karlsson or sell high. Keep him for sure, he's a stud! I'm saying if the right deal comes that helps your team LONG TERM... you have to listen! If Gretzky can get traded......

My opinion only!
    12 Team Keeper League.
    27 players total top 12f, 6d 2g count.
    Protect 12, any position.
    Points only, 2 points for win 3 for shut out.

F/Tavares, Getzlaf, Landeskog, Skinner, Ryan, Huberdeau, Perry, Duchene
    D/ Doughty, Larsson
    G/ Ward and Miller
    Trade Bate/ B Connolly

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tree_Frogs View Post
    That is a bold statement!

The problem with saying that is the number of times we've all seen extremely talented defensemen produce at a torrid pace one season and than drop off the next.

Is Karlsson the next Lidstrom, or is he the next Doughty, Green, Yandle the list could go on and on and on!

I'm not saying anyone should dump Karlsson or sell high. Keep him for sure, he's a stud! I'm saying if the right deal comes that helps your team LONG TERM... you have to listen! If Gretzky can get traded......

My opinion only!
    Valid point, but like I said, "any single player". If I were receiving multiple assets, I would evaluate it differently. But when it comes to a 1-for-1 deal, no dice. I own Karlsson in multiple leagues and he's untouchable in any straight up deal.

Karlsson for Crosby? Never.

Karlsson for Ovechkin? Intriguing but I'll pass. Let Ovie crack 100 again then I'll reconsider.

Karlsson for Malkin? Not with a court order.

Karlsson for Stamkos? This is as close to a 1-for-1 as I would make but still no.

Karlsson for Perry? Nah.

Karlsson for Giroux? I love G-Roo but I love Karlsson more.

Karlsson for Kessel? Not in a million years.

Karlsson for Backstrom? They're my two favorite players in the world but I'd keep Karlsson.

The list goes on and on.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Genius

I traded him away last season. I'm regretting that. Then again, I don't remember what I traded him for. That makes it even worse lol.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I don't remember what I traded him for. That makes it even worse lol.
    Ouch. Umm, that's why you run your crazy trade proposals by us first so we can talk you down.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sad part of my earlier comment is...it comes from experience. I traded karlson for stewart at the start of the season.

OUCH.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner