Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Karlsson = Respect!!

Banned

You want RESPECT? You got it! Bobby Orr on Karlsson:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/03/17/...rlsson-booster

Dobber Sports Legend

That's a great article - I think Orr knows a thing or two about the position. Not awarding him the Norris at this point would be criminal and a political drowning. Lidstrom and Chara don't deserve it based on their "performance" THIS season. Weber is a beast but benefits from Suter and Rinne (which needs to be considered). Suter is great but is lost in Weber's shadow and Keith is solid but hasn't outperformed the other guys. Biases aside, the Norris should come down to Karlsson, Pietrangelo and Weber this season - the winner SHOULD definitely be Karlsson.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    T Biases aside, the Norris should come down to Karlsson, Pietrangelo and Weber this season - the winner SHOULD definitely be Karlsson.
    I just have trouble giving the best d-man award to a guy who averages 1 shift per game killing penalties...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I just have trouble giving the best d-man award to a guy who averages 1 shift per game killing penalties...
    It's about time management too. Karlsson is top-10 among defensemen in TOI, averaging 25+ minutes a game (ahead of Chara, Pietrangelo, Lidstrom, Doughty, Edler, Seabrook, Enstrom, etc.) If he were to kill penalties on top of what he already does, you're looking at a very taxing TOI. Not sure that's in the Senators (or Karlsson's) best interest.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    He could kill penalties more than he does. He kills some crucial penalties every now and then and is on the ice when they are up a goal late in the game. They have bigger and better d-men in Cowen, Kuba, and Phillips who can kill penalties, so he doesn't need as PK TOI. I'm not gonna send Karlsson out there when I have a guy like Cowen who suits that role better - I'd rather conserve his minutes and play him where he truly can excel.

Don't know whose post it was before, but somebody outlined that d-men who play PK are often just the biggest d-men on the team and not necessarily the best defencemen.

Dobber Sports Legend

3 points so far tonight vs. the Jets gives Karlsson 76 points in 75GP. As of right now he's 27 points ahead of the next defenseman in scoring, Brian Campbell. Sick year for the kid. Amazing that Lidstrom didn't break 70 until he was 29 and Karlsson has done it at 21.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Immortal

Not sure how he doesn't win the Norris.

Dobber Sports Giant

3 points so far tonight vs. the Jets gives Karlsson 76 points in 75GP. As of right now he's 27 points ahead of the next defenseman in scoring, Brian Campbell. Sick year for the kid. Amazing that Lidstrom didn't break 70 until he was 29 and Karlsson has done it at 21.
    Also +17 on the season at this point. I am definitely of the opinion that his offensive exploits more than make up for any deficiencies in his defensive game enough so that he desereves the Norris trophy more than any other candidate.

Chara, APA, Weber, and Lidstrom are also very good choices for the award, but I think Karlsson has earned it.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Also +17 on the season at this point. I am definitely of the opinion that his offensive exploits more than make up for any deficiencies in his defensive game enough so that he desereves the Norris trophy more than any other candidate.

Chara, APA, Weber, and Lidstrom are also very good choices for the award, but I think Karlsson has earned it.
    They were highlighting Karlsson's solid play in his own zone tonight and showed him muscling Byfuglien off the puck even though he gives up close to 100 pounds to him. Karlsson's transition game is the best in the NHL and his play in his own zone is a lot better than most give him credit for.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Giant

They were highlighting Karlsson's solid play in his own zone tonight and showed him muscling Byfuglien off the puck even though he gives up close to 100 pounds to him. Karlsson's transition game is the best in the NHL and his play in his own zone is a lot better than most give him credit for.
    I was watching the game during that play, and I was thoroughly impressed with how well he separated Big Buff from the puck off the rush. Good stick near the blue line, great gap, and transitioning from backwards skating and rotating with Byfuglien to pinch him off and get the puck back.

Only idiots think this guy can't play defense.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Legend

Indeed. And guess who was on the ice with a minute left protecting a 1 goal lead?
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Padawan

proud to own this kid. very few players i would trade him for.
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Banned

Nope, he can't backcheck and Pietrangelo is so much better than him according to Panger. He will poll 10 GM's and they will all say the same thing apparently.

Dobber Sports Legend

Here's something I'd like to toss out there. The Sens have 5 games left - IF Karlsson could get hot and score 7 points, he'd end up with 83, which I believe would be the most an NHL defenseman has scored since Ray Bourque scored 82 in 1995-96 (Leetch had 85 in the same year).
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Banned

Here's something I'd like to toss out there. The Sens have 5 games left - IF Karlsson could get hot and score 7 points, he'd end up with 83, which I believe would be the most an NHL defenseman has scored since Ray Bourque scored 82 in 1995-96 (Leetch had 85 in the same year).
    he's just sick, I own him in one of my leagues and I'm kicking myself for not acquiring him in the others...the problem was that I dont think any of us knew he was going to be THIS good THIS fast...50-60 pts seemed within reach, but ppg? wtf? Now he'll be valued like Green for the next several years and impossible to acquire