Thread: EJ, Leddy or Elliot?

The Great One

Default EJ, Leddy or Elliot?

Currently sitting with leddy but hes slowed down a bit and doesnt have the same pedigree as these two. very hard to watch EJ sit on waivers- lol! thered be no cost- unlimited moves- just have to grab him. elliot also an option.

No brainer?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It depends if you're focused on this year or the future. This year, I'd pick EJ slightly over the other two.

For the future, I think Elliott has by far the highest upside but more risk than the other two.

Leddy would be my second choice as IMO he is the purest offensive D man on a very potent Chicago team. He's 20, but plays with the poise of a veteran and is only going to get better.

I don't see EJ being that offensive. He's a solid D, cannon from the point but I don't see anything elite in his vision or puck distribution skills.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by DanMartin View Post
    It depends if you're focused on this year or the future. This year, I'd pick EJ slightly over the other two.

For the future, I think Elliott has by far the highest upside but more risk than the other two.

Leddy would be my second choice as IMO he is the purest offensive D man on a very potent Chicago team. He's 20, but plays with the poise of a veteran and is only going to get better.

I don't see EJ being that offensive. He's a solid D, cannon from the point but I don't see anything elite in his vision or puck distribution skills.
    I agree with Dan Martin 100%.
    I would also agree with Dean Martin if he posted on these boards...just cuz he's so cool.

Dobber Sports Legend

Are there updated reports on Seabrook? All it took was for Leddy to get more ice time and a crack on the top PP unit to put up some decent points.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Are there updated reports on Seabrook? All it took was for Leddy to get more ice time and a crack on the top PP unit to put up some decent points.
    Not sure.

After reading this I may just keep leddy for awhile- I am definitely in contention and EJ has been on and off the wire all year. Just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing out on any elite type offensive upside. Love that hawks pp too...

Dobber Sports Sage

Rep the man! That was great job analyzing the situation.

Last I heard Seabrook was back tonight...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Rep the man!
    Already done- lol...

Does Seabrooks return hurt Leddys icetime?

Dobber Sports Expert

Not really much to add here in my eyes. Good advice.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Already done- lol...

Does Seabrooks return hurt Leddys icetime?
    It doesn't hurt his ice time a lot. I have been keeping track of that almost all year. He has been over 22min almost all year. What it hurts is his PP time a little for the time being. Seabrook veteran status on the club gives him a few extra minutes here and there, but if you look back game to game all year it is very close. In the future it is Leddy's spot without a doubt (I posted that in September and got raped). He simply is the better offensive player.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.