Thread: Jack Johnson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Cool Jack Johnson

Hey guys...need some advice. I've been pretty patient with Jack Johnson (and Gagne) for quite some time now. With just about 40% of the season completed, is it time to dump JJ? His +/- is killing me, along with his lack of scoring. My only hope is that Darryl Sutter sparks LA's offence. Here are the best available options in FA:

Sheldon Souray, Christian Ehrhoff, Cam Fowler, Fedor Tyutin, Erik Johnson, Ryan Whitney

Team in signature,

Thanks.
    12 teams, H2H Points, Limited Keeper League (10th year), 6 keepers. 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G
    G (2), A (1), +/- (0.5), PIM (0.2), GWG (1), HAT (2), HIT (0.1), BLK (0.2), PPP (1), SHP (2)
    W (3), L (-1), GA (-1.), SV (0.2), SO (2)

Keepers = Barkov, Panarin, Marner, Stone, Josi, Fleury

Dobber Sports All-Star

I hate to beat the "new coach" drum but I would wait to see if Sutter can implement a new system that Johnson will thrive under before dumping him. He definitely has the skill and I'd want to have him if/when it comes out.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd recommend waiting, too. Sutter should give that entire team the kick in the pants it needs to improve all around.

Dobber Sports Sage

I watched the game last night and I thought JJ was one of the worst players on the ice for either team. He gave the puck away a half dozen times and got none of his shots through on the PP. He was brutal imo. That being said I would still give it a couple games into the new coach's tenure before you make a decision. Richards is back this week as well. He seems to be the spark to that teams offence.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Expert

I agree to be a little more patient, but I also must say that if you think Sutter's new system is going to include allowing JJ and his 10+ giveaways and free wheeling act to roll all over the place......you might be waiting awhile.

In a keeper..I'd look towards Fowler.

Good luck!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,