Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Letang vs Yandle, now and forever.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Letang vs Yandle, now and forever.

Ok, I own Letang (points only keeper, positions count) and I am in the middle of the pack. I am involved in negotiations to make a deal to add some points to finish in the Top 3.

However, buddy wants to acquire Letang by adding Yandle.

Short-term: Letang concussed, not skating, out at least 2 weeks. Yandle should out score him this season, on pace for 50.

Longterm: Letang could easily be a 70-80 pt guy, but can and he his teammates stay healthy? Yandle got 59 last season but to me he seems like a safer 50-60 guy, as he has done it with limited forward talent already.

So according to Dobber, 1 season of 75 pts and 40 the next is better than 55 every year.

I am soooo leery about letting go of Letang, but Yandle could be selling high on him if his concussion issue lingers and help my current season.

What do you guys think? Merci. Here is the current deal, I think it helps me this season and beyond, draft picks are "meh":

Ryan, B (ANA) (LW)
    Burnistrov, A (WPG) (C)
    Rundblad, D (OTT) (D)
    Letang, K (PIT) (D)
    3rd round pick 2012
    4th round pick 2013

for

Fleischmann, T (FLA) (LW)
    Steen, A (STL) (LW)
    Mikael Granlund (MIN) C
    Yandle, K (PHX) D
    Backstrom, N (MIN) (G)
    Lehner, R (OTT) (G)
    10 TEAM PTS ONLY: KEEP 8FOR, 4DEF, 1GOAL, 4ROOK, DRAFT 7.
    FOR: H Sedin, D Sedin, Kopitar, B Richards, E Staal, J Staal, Flash, Versteeg, Elias, Marleau Kesler
    DEF: K Letang, Yandle, B Campbell, D Boyle, MA Bergeron, D Hamhius
    GOAL: Price, Rinne
    ROOK: Stefan Elliott, Rundblad, Ryan Murphy, J Schroeder

***BACK 2 BACK CHAMP***

Dobber Sports Sage

They are both such special and dynamic players that it's six to one, half a dozen to the other. If I had Letang, I wouldn't trade him for Yandle. I have Yandle and I could be convinced to trade him for Letang. I don't like to base a whole lot on situation, but considering how similar they are talent-wise I'll take the kid who plays for the team who should score a whole hell of a lot more. I wouldn't worry too much about the concussion issue at this point, though it could become a concern down the road. If your buddy wants Yandle, take advantage of the situation. I would LOVE to acquire an upgrade somewhere else and cash in on the Letang scare right now. It's a sideways move in a straight swap so the difference would be if you like one more than the other or if you could get an upgrade somewhere else in your lineup.

I love you picking up Ryan in this deal and think he is definitely the best forward. Granlund is a nice prospect but unproven. What is your goaltending like after this trade because you are giving up some serious talent in that department... can you afford to?
    Last edited by ridinryan44; December 19, 2011 at 7:43 PM.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ah crap, I should have said it better, I am on the Letang side! haha...

I realize that it is sell low time on Letang which is bad, but he has yet to break 50.

Also not a huge fan of B Ryan, think he tops out at 75 in a good year. Fleishmann and him will have very similar numbers the next 3.5 years.

I guess in this deal I am getting more good players while giving up the best ones.

But Lehner is a stud in the making and Granlund is no slouch either... This is a tough one!

Thanks for the input ridinryan...
    FOR: H Sedin, D Sedin, Kopitar, B Richards, E Staal, J Staal, Flash, Versteeg, Elias, Marleau Kesler

***BACK 2 BACK CHAMP***

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yandle > Letang , regardless of health in my opinion

But that's not enough to overlook that you get Ryan who's the best forward in the deal with the Letang side, so Letang side for me.

edit: Not sure how you figure Letang's "easily a 70-80 pt guy"... no defenseman is lol
    Last edited by blayze; December 19, 2011 at 10:52 PM.

Dobber Sports Legend

I like Yandle a little more but I'm probably in the minority here.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by elTIGREblanc View Post
    Ok, I own Letang (points only keeper, positions count) and I am in the middle of the pack. I am involved in negotiations to make a deal to add some points to finish in the Top 3.

However, buddy wants to acquire Letang by adding Yandle.

Short-term: Letang concussed, not skating, out at least 2 weeks. Yandle should out score him this season, on pace for 50.

Longterm: Letang could easily be a 70-80 pt guy, but can and he his teammates stay healthy? Yandle got 59 last season but to me he seems like a safer 50-60 guy, as he has done it with limited forward talent already.

So according to Dobber, 1 season of 75 pts and 40 the next is better than 55 every year.

I am soooo leery about letting go of Letang, but Yandle could be selling high on him if his concussion issue lingers and help my current season.

What do you guys think? Merci. Here is the current deal, I think it helps me this season and beyond, draft picks are "meh":

Ryan, B (ANA) (LW)
    Burnistrov, A (WPG) (C)
    Rundblad, D (OTT) (D)
    Letang, K (PIT) (D)
    3rd round pick 2012
    4th round pick 2013

for

Fleischmann, T (FLA) (LW)
    Steen, A (STL) (LW)
    Mikael Granlund (MIN) C
    Yandle, K (PHX) D
    Backstrom, N (MIN) (G)
    Lehner, R (OTT) (G)
    I like your side better. He's sending you 2 goalies, which you don't need. You're set with Price and Rinne. So in my book, on just that alone, this trade isn't the best fit for your team. Granlund is a nice piece and his most attractive player. Ryan is yours, and i'd keep him over Granlund. Flash and Steen are nice role players, but i neither will produce at Burmistrov's level, if he reaches his upside. I would happily reject this offer if i were you.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Ace

I have both and all things being equal I'd go with Letang. That said, his injury status worries me a bit but I would still stick with him. Hopefully the Pens are just being cautious.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Happy to see a couple of pro-Yandle votes. I like the deal in that I get more points this year, and I like Granlund / Lehner long term too.

I'm thinking this is a go, last chance for someone to convince me that I should keep Letang over Yandle!

Thanks for the help so far!

***BACK 2 BACK CHAMP***

Dobber Sports Sage

Ryan > Fleischmann - Considering Flash has scored at a ppg for the last 60 games on 2 different teams this is a lot closer then it may appear imo, but it is still Ryan no doubt.
    Burnistrov < Mikael Granlund - I prefer Granlund long term by a fair margin
    Rundblad > Steen - I still prefer Rundblad here regardless of the trade.
    Letang = Yandle - I prefer Letang, but it could go either way
    3rd round pick 2012 <<< Backstrom
    4th round pick 2013 <<< Lehner R

I find all the other comparison in this trade to be close enough that the goalies being added to the deal sway it to that side. Regardless to me weather you need them or not they can be moved for more assets you need. Backstrom is one of the most under rated goalies in the league and Lehner is a stud in the making with no one really in his way. So I would take the Flash, Yandle side.

I'm actually a little surprised by the lack of love for this deal. You should be able to package Flash and Backstrom if you so choose for a serious upgrade at forward to Ryan. I think this swings the deal in your favor. Then you still have Lerner..
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; December 20, 2011 at 10:34 AM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    3rd round pick 2012 >>> Backstrom
    4th round pick 2013 >>> Lehner R
    I am guessing this is a typo?
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Ace

am i confused here?

Looks to me that he's giving up Bobby Ryan and Letang, the best 2 players in the deal.

I like Letang more than Yandle. They're both top 5 dmen, but I think Letang is #1.
    Please don't begin to compare Flash to Bobby Ryan. I dont see Flash improving on his numbers. Hes consistant, but not exciting. Bobby Ryan has a world of hype behind him, some special players around him, and is the ultimate sell low right now.

You'd be a fool to make that trade....unless in your giving up Letang for Yandle, you're the one getting Bobby Ryan like the first few posters suggested.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah I like Yandle marginally more than Letang, but let's be real here, Flash is not on Ryan's level.

I still believe FLA's top line will hit a wall at some point this year (Flash is scoreless in his last 4), and Ryan will prosper next year on PP1.

I...am your father.

In terms of offense, Letang leans on his teammates for the 70-point pace. Plus he's always hurt nowadays. Whereas Yandle gets his points on any team. He creates the offense.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    I am guessing this is a typo?
    ya typo thanks
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    In terms of offense, Letang leans on his teammates for the 70-point pace. Plus he's always hurt nowadays. Whereas Yandle gets his points on any team. He creates the offense.
    how many points do you think Letang would be getting if he played for the wild, rangers, habs etc? How much better is the penguins support and coaching than the average teams in the nhl?
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore