Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: keeper league

Dobber Sports Icon

Default keeper league

Hey all, I\'m starting a new keeper league for next year. If you\'re interested, post something in this thread... and I\'ll contact you.

It\'s going to be a head to head league with a fairly intricate scoring system including all positions (centers, wings, defenders, goalies). The scoring categories will be: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, HT, Goalie W, L, SO, GA, Saves. There can be some discussion about changine the categories that are counted, but it probably won\'t deviate too much from there...

I\'m looking to have 6-8 teams initially and 10-12 once everything gets rolling in a year or so. I\'m thinking that we\'ll have 18-20 players per team and some sort of salary cap/contract system that I have yet to decide on.

I\'m hoping that by starting a league from this message board that we\'ll be one of the most knowledgible, competitive private keeper leagues out there.

Special invites go out to Repenttokyo, Zorro, WhatthePuck, Dobber, Angus, Thieving Giraffe... I gained a huge amount of respect for all of you and your opinions over the months (Dobber longer), and would be honored if you\'d be interested in joining...

I look forward to people showing interest and replying to this post...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:keeper league

lanky522 wrote:
    Hey all, I\'m starting a new keeper league for next year. If you\'re interested, post something in this thread... and I\'ll contact you.

It\'s going to be a head to head league with a fairly intricate scoring system including all positions (centers, wings, defenders, goalies). The scoring categories will be: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, HT, Goalie W, L, SO, GA, Saves. There can be some discussion about changine the categories that are counted, but it probably won\'t deviate too much from there...

I\'m looking to have 6-8 teams initially and 10-12 once everything gets rolling in a year or so. I\'m thinking that we\'ll have 18-20 players per team and some sort of salary cap/contract system that I have yet to decide on.

I\'m hoping that by starting a league from this message board that we\'ll be one of the most knowledgible, competitive private keeper leagues out there.

Special invites go out to Repenttokyo, Zorro, WhatthePuck, Dobber, Angus, Thieving Giraffe... I gained a huge amount of respect for all of you and your opinions over the months (Dobber longer), and would be honored if you\'d be interested in joining...

I look forward to people showing interest and replying to this post...
    I\'ll bite. I think you want us in so you can TRY to kick our ass. Emphasis on try. lol.

I already have a couple teams in other leagues on the go but I\'ll give this one a shot as long as you don\'t tell me wife I\'ve joined, in her words \"another Effin Hockey Pool\"

Should be interesting.

Dobber Sports Icon

WhatthePuck wrote:
    I\'ll bite. I think you want us in so you can TRY to kick our ass. Emphasis on try. lol.

I already have a couple teams in other leagues on the go but I\'ll give this one a shot as long as you don\'t tell me wife I\'ve joined, in her words \"another Effin Hockey Pool\"

Should be interesting.
    The emphasis is \"try\"... I\'ve outgrown (gotten to good/knowledgable for) my other leagues, and I understand that there\'s a great possibility that I\'ll get my but whooped in this new league. And I\'m ok with that. I just want to have a league going where the competition is the best of the best.

I\'m neurotic enough to be a great commish (I\'m already a commish in a couple of my leagues) and I think the league will be awesome if we get a bunch of great people to join.

I\'m normally pretty bad at drafting though, and I\'m sure that if I\'ll do well at all, it\'ll be my savvy on the waiver wire (normally the first few weeks of the season are my worst by far)...

Let\'s see who else bites...
    Roster Limit(s):
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Stud

Lanky,

I seem to remember something about your living in the D.C.-metro area, so I want to make something abundantly clear:

When my girlfriend breaks up with me because of this, she is totally off-limits. Seriously buddy. Even if she kills me. Which she probably will.

That being said, count me in.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thieving Giraffe wrote:
    Lanky,

I seem to remember something about your living in the D.C.-metro area, so I want to make something abundantly clear:

When my girlfriend breaks up with me because of this, she is totally off-limits. Seriously buddy. Even if she kills me. Which she probably will.

That being said, count me in.
    I got a wife... so you\'ve got my word on that. Where in the D.C. area are you located?

welcome aboard.
    Roster Limit(s):

Dobber Sports Stud

lanky522 wrote:
    Where in the D.C. area are you located?
    Live in Alexandria, work in Gtown. Not a fan of the daily commute, as you can guess...
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thieving Giraffe wrote:
    lanky522 wrote:
    Where in the D.C. area are you located?
    Live in Alexandria, work in Gtown. Not a fan of the daily commute, as you can guess...
    The same Alexandria that \"Remember the Titans \" took place??

Dobber Sports Stud

dynamo45 wrote:
    Indeed, though the present-day comparisons are pretty limited. Washington D.C. has expanded south into Virginia in much the same way that the Boston area (where I grew up) has expanded into southern New Hampshire. With all the development, it doesn\'t even look the same.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thieving Giraffe wrote:
    dynamo45 wrote:
    Indeed, though the present-day comparisons are pretty limited. Washington D.C. has expanded south into Virginia in much the same way that the Boston area (where I grew up) has expanded into southern New Hampshire. With all the development, it doesn\'t even look the same.
    Haven\'t had the pleasure of visiting that part of the states, although I was in North Carolina . Myself being from Calgary, when I do go down to the US it\'s usually down the West Coast side. Also has me wondering where a lot of the guys who post, are from. Bet it\'s quite a mix of cities/States/Provinces/ and countries. I\'d be curious to know how far we are spread out, yet come here for love of the game.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thieving Giraffe wrote:
    Ouch. That is rough... I went to a wedding at the Dolgrehn(sp?) Chapel on Georgetown Campus this past weekend, and even on the weekend, that area\'s a mess.

Myself, I work in northeast of you near BWI but I live in Annapolis. Not really technically the \"D.C. area,\" but nobody knows where Annapolis is, so I just tell people I live near D.C. (since I can get there with a 40 minute drive).

I actually live just as close to Baltimore as D.C., but I\'d much rather claim D.C. than Charm City. It\'s got the second highest murder rate in the nation now (behind detroit).

Post edited by: lanky522, at: 2007/06/20 08:28
    Roster Limit(s):

Dobber Sports Expert

I appreciate the offer, lanky, but with my own keeper league starting this fall I don\'t think I would have time to do your league justice. But thank you anyway

Dobber Sports Icon

Repenttokyo wrote:
    I appreciate the offer, lanky, but with my own keeper league starting this fall I don\'t think I would have time to do your league justice. But thank you anyway
    Haha you give yourself too little credit I\'m sure... lol. Oh well, I do understand.

========

I want to make it clear though, that this invite is open to everyone, the special invites were just there for those guys, but since I\'m sure that they won\'t probably all join, we will also need people that I didn\'t list specifically.

If you are interested, just make a post, and we\'ll see who all wants in.

P.S. Dynamo45, were you interested? You didn\'t really say if you were or not...

Post edited by: lanky522, at: 2007/06/20 17:58
    Roster Limit(s):

Dobber Sports Ninja

Is it going to be rotisserie style or points based? Or do you know yet?

Dobber Sports Pro

I think he said Head-to-Head so it\'d be points based as far as I know.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Recruit

There we go...

Hi Lanky, I\'m new to Dobber forum but not to Dobberhockey.com. I\'ve been searching for a good keeper league to get into. I\'ve been doing pools and drafts for years and always do well. But no one has the same hockey knowledge or interest level that I do. I don\'t know anyone personally in a keeper league. So, I\'m trying to find one online. If you have room in your league I\'d love to join.

Please let me know,