View Poll Results: Who do I keep for the rest of the year?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shattenkirk

7 30.43%
  • Kulikov

16 69.57%

Thread: Shattenkirk Vs. Kulikov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Shattenkirk Vs. Kulikov

Hey guys. With Enstrom coming back into my lineup I have to drop a Dman (team and league in sig below). Which player should STAY on my roster? Stattenkirk or Kulikov?. Neither will be kept at the end of the year so this question is for this year only.

Who do I keep around Shattenkirk or Kulikov?
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

The Great One

very tough call...I voted for Shattenkirk, but my heart is torn on this one. I really like both of them.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

That's a pretty tough one to call, Shatty's been average all year, and it looks like Kulikov is coming back down to earth after an insane start.

I think the Panthers have been playing a little over there heads so far this season, whereas I see the Blues emerging as one of the strong 2nd half teams, so my gut would say keep Shatty.

Dobber Sports Sage

I would have to say to keep Shattenkirk. He is on pace for 46 pts this year should be right around that. Kulikov is on pace for a little more but feel he is a little less developed at this point and there is a better chance he might fall off in the second half...

It is very close though.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree with everyone else here...it's basically a coin flip. I'm inclided to say Shattenkirk because I think St. Louis has the stronger team, but I don't think you can go wrong either way.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I would have to say to keep Shattenkirk. He is on pace for 46 pts this year should be right around that. Kulikov is on pace for a little more but feel he is a little less developed at this point and there is a better chance he might fall off in the second half...

It is very close though.
    Less developed is not what i would say with Dmitry in a setence.

Stating that i would lean towards Shattenkirk simply cause of the fact that i see STL as the stronger as well.

In the long run Kulikov is the safer bet in my books with Shatts having the higher upside.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    Less developed is not what i would say with Dmitry in a setence.

Stating that i would lean towards Shattenkirk simply cause of the fact that i see STL as the stronger as well.

In the long run Kulikov is the safer bet in my books with Shatts having the higher upside.
    I was waiting for you to smack that one out of the park. I meant physically less developed at this point. Shattenkirk is muck stronger at this point. So I feel there is less chance of him breaking down over the second half of the season. Considering I think there up sides are very similar that is the determining factor for me. If he was keeping either player my choice might change.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.