Thread: Oliver Ekman-Larsson or Rundblad?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Oliver Ekman-Larsson or Rundblad?

Who has the higher upside and who has the better chance of hitting it?
    Anyone watch any Coyotes game recently? Would love a scouting report of how OEL is doing.
    He is floating around in my FA pool and from the things I've heard he sounds like the closest thing to next Lidstrom (if there is such a thing).

Dobber Sports Sage

I would say from an offensive stand point that there upsides are pretty similar with Rundblad holding the slight edge. OEL is a much better all around player and I don't see that ever changing. His overall skills are always going to be better imo and as for reaching that upside I would say he much more assured of that. I would take OEL over Rundblad in any format every time.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

My question is, am I the only Rundblad owner that's concerned now? Hey Yandal has proven that skill rises to the top and it doesn't matter what team you play for but I prefer Rundbald in Ottawa over the desert.
    12 Team Keeper League.
    27 players total top 12f, 6d 2g count.
    Protect 12, any position.
    Points only, 2 points for win 3 for shut out.

F/Tavares, Getzlaf, Landeskog, Skinner, Ryan, Huberdeau, Perry, Duchene
    D/ Doughty, Larsson
    G/ Ward and Miller
    Trade Bate/ B Connolly

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Tree_Frogs View Post
    My question is, am I the only Rundblad owner that's concerned now? Hey Yandal has proven that skill rises to the top and it doesn't matter what team you play for but I prefer Rundbald in Ottawa over the desert.
    My thoughts exactly. Sure Rundblad has lots of offensive upside.....but now is buried worse than before. I personally believe they traded for Rundblad to open up the stage for a possible trade somewhere else, now that they are loaded to the titts with d-prospects.
    14 team points only league
    9 forwards (3 of each position)
    4 defense
    2 goalies
    farm team option
    Must submit top 4 pointing players back into draft at end of every season
    14 rounds
    Can only carry over 12 players each year

Dobber Sports Pro

I think OEL has better upside and a better chance of reaching it then Rundblad does especially since he is in Phoenix now instead of Ottawa.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Wizard

On pure upside, Rundblad probably has OEL beat. But OEL is not that far behind and has a much much better all around game, and has a much better chance of reaching that upside.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    On pure upside, Rundblad probably has OEL beat. But OEL is not that far behind and has a much much better all around game, and has a much better chance of reaching that upside.
    I agree with FTD. Rundblad for the upside but OEL is a safer bet.

Rundblad would be more useful in a goal heavy league.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I would say from an offensive stand point that there upsides are pretty similar with Rundblad holding the slight edge. OEL is a much better all around player and I don't see that ever changing. His overall skills are always going to be better imo and as for reaching that upside I would say he much more assured of that. I would take OEL over Rundblad in any format every time.

These are pretty much my sentiments. Close in upside, edge probably to Rundblad. But OEL is the better all around player, making him the safer bet to reach his potential. I would tske OEL.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury