Thread: Guess what? Gagne left the game....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Guess what? Gagne left the game....

Any info as to why he left?

Thanks in advance

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Radio announcers said he didnt feel good.....

Flu

Concussion???????????????
    12 team roto

Datsyuk/Getzlaf/Stillman/Backstrom/Demitra
    Gagne/Perry/Vanek/Gionta/Radulov//Morrow/D Brown
    Visnovsky/T-kaberle, enstrom, byfuglien, edler, meszaros, robidas
    giguere, lehtonen, labarbera

Farm-Turris, J Bernier

Dobber Sports Pro

I believe he is suffering from the flu, it\'s been going through the room this week.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well I can\'t tell you whether that news is good or bad - damn he has been invisible for a while. My Flyboys are a chain around my leg these days.

bwhee

Love the Bat-Boy avatar, Promethee. A tabloid classic.

Dobber Sports Padawan

According to the nhl.com game recap, he suffered another concussion. Crap.

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

should be shut down for the season if true.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Pro

Flyers’ Gagne has mild conccussion

By ED MORAN
    Philadelphia Daily News

[email protected]
    PITTSBURGH - If losing defenseman Braydon Coburn was not enough for the suddenly struggling Flyers, forward Simon Gagne left today\'s 4-3 loss against Pittsburgh with a mild concussion.

He was hit in the Penguins\' end during the first period and did not return.

\"He was not feeling well. He was dizzy,\" Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said during the game.

Gagne was later examined by the Penguins\' team doctors.

After the game, Holmgren said, \"Upon further evaluation, we are listing Simon\'s injury as a mild concussion. He will be evaluated [Monday] morning.\"

The Flyers left Pittsburgh after the game for Long Island, where they will practice Monday in advance of Tuesday\'s game against the New York Islanders.

Gagne has missed 30 games this season recovering from the effects of two concussions.

Coburn suffered a burst artery in his left buttock in Saturday\'s 2-0 loss to the Rangers and will be out up to 2 weeks. *
    BLAH.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Too bad. One of the few guys I had drafted that were still with my team. Time to activate Cammer and put Gagne out to pasture for the year.

Dobber Sports Pro

Gagne: Season Isn\'t Over
    philadelphiaflyers.com
    Feb 11, 2008, 2:20 PM EST

Gagne
    Philadelphia Flyers left wing Simon Gagne was examined by team physician Dr. Gary Dorshimer on Monday morning in Philadelphia. Gagne left Sunday’s game in Pittsburgh with a mild concussion.

The Flyers released to the media the following Q and A with Gagne.

Q: How do you feel this morning?
    Simon Gagne: \"I feel so-so. I am not feeling quite right. I am feeling a little bit off balance. That\'s the best way to describe the way I feel today.\"

Q: When did this latest injury occur in the game at Pittsburgh?
    SG: \"Actually, it happened during my first shift of the game. I was next to the boards. I think it was Jordan Staal who hit me. I felt somebody hit me hard from behind, right behind my head. I had a chance to see the replay and it really didn\'t look that bad. It looked like he was trying to finish his check and his arm and elbow came behind my helmet. He was kind of off balance and the impact was right behind my head.\"

Q: What were the doctors’ findings?
    SG: \"We think I have another mild concussion. Not a big one. We think I may have hit the balance center, which is located right below your neck and skull. That\'s where I got hit last night so that\'s why we think that is the way I feel off-balance right now. That\'s pretty much the only symptom I have, is being off-balance. When you feel like that, that\'s when they know you may have a mild concussion.\"
    Simon Gagne left Sunday\'s game in Pittsburgh with a mild concussion. (Getty Images)

Q: Is this a new concussion or an extension of the old concussions?
    SG: \"That\'s a good question. The only thing I can say right now is that I don\'t think it is that bad. I know the symptoms were definitely worse the last time. Hopefully I will feel better very soon. The doctor said I could feel very good in the next couple of days. I just have to take it one day at a time and see what happens.\"

Q: What is the outlook?
    SG: \"Like I said, right now it is one day at a time. It could be a couple of days, it could be a week or it could be longer. There is no timeframe on what is going on right now.\"

Q: How about exercise or rehab?
    SG: \"Right now I am to take it easy. Hopefully the way I feel right now, being off-balance, it will go away and that\'s going to be a plus. It can only get better. From there I am sure I can do a little bit more of exercise when this feeling goes away.\"

Q: Did you take a baseline test today, and if not what exactly did you do?
    SG: \"No baseline test. I will take that when I am symptom free. Today they did the usual stuff. We have this sheet from the NHL that the doctor fills out, like what happened and the way I feel. He takes down all this information. I then did some other things like walking on a line, some finger touch exams and he examined my eyes. I responded very good to all those tests. All the physical tests I did today I responded to very good. The doctor said I was pretty sharp. I will take the baseline when my symptoms go away.\"

Q: How frustrated are you?
    SG: “It is very tough to believe that something like this has happened again. I am very frustrated, that\'s for sure. It is hard to find the perfect word to describe the way I feel right now.\"

Q: How concerned are you about your future?
    SG: \"It is always difficult to think about what could happen like if I go back and I am not ready and stuff like that. I am positive and I always will stay positive with what is going on. I think what (Keith Primeau) and Eric (Lindros) went through was a little bit different than me. Those guys had a hard time waking up in the morning and had a hard time responding physically. In my case I don\'t think that this is a problem. I feel like I am more off-balance today but physically I feel fine. I feel that I am sharp physically. It is very tough for me to think what is going to happen in the future but I believe I will find a way to get through it and hopefully I will be fine to play again this year.\"

Q: So you think you can play again this year, and your season is not lost?
    SG: \"I don\'t think the season is lost right now. Hopefully, I\'m not going to have any more symptoms coming up. The way I feel right now is just a balance problem. When this goes away I will be pretty much symptom free. Hopefully this will go away quick and I will start exercising soon. There is always hope. Like I said, I will stay positive. I don\'t think the season is over for me yet.”

Looks like his pasture stay won\'t be too long

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I hate that you found this Rusty! Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma! IR immediately would be okay but this DTD stuff just chokes me in a 1 year and short bench league. I think I am going to have to take my chances cutting him adrift - I might catch him again if he looks to be coming back.

Dobber Sports Guru

shitty news for me... there goes my 2nd round pick that was a condition of gagne going concussion free for the rest of the year.

and yes, i am selfish