Thread: My Karlsson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default My Karlsson

For his Getzlaf and a 1st. Top 3 pick 20% chance to land Yakupov. Would you accept.
    12 Team Keeper League.
    27 players total top 12f, 6d 2g count.
    Protect 12, any position.
    Points only, 2 points for win 3 for shut out.

F/Tavares, Getzlaf, Landeskog, Skinner, Ryan, Huberdeau, Perry, Duchene
    D/ Doughty, Larsson
    G/ Ward and Miller
    Trade Bate/ B Connolly

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would take Getzlaf over Karlsson even without the 1st - Take it now before he retracts.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Tree_Frogs View Post
    For his Getzlaf and a 1st. Top 3 pick 20% chance to land Yakupov. Would you accept.
    Hell yes!!1
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Absolutely I would take that.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Darn.... He's having second thoughts. I did a deal with him earlier in the season giving him J. Johnson. He's worried Karlsson will fall off the planet like Johnson did. Would you try to sweeten the deal or wait it out? He said if Karlsson keeps it up he'd do the deal in a month or so???
    Last edited by Tree_Frogs; December 13, 2011 at 8:28 PM.
    12 Team Keeper League.

D/ Doughty, Larsson
    G/ Ward and Miller
    Trade Bate/ B Connolly

Dobber Sports Sophomore

HELP!

We've been going back and forth. The latest offer is Getzlaf, Nash and 1st for Karlsson, Duchene and a 5th!

Should I hit accept?
    12 Team Keeper League.

D/ Doughty, Larsson
    G/ Ward and Miller
    Trade Bate/ B Connolly

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yes take that deal and run.
    15 Team Points only salary cap keeper league
    Dress 12F,6D,2G - Keep 6F-3D-1G
    F:Pastrnak-Marner-Kucherov-Duchene-Svechnikov-Raymond
    D:Doughty-Bouchard-Byram
    G:Saros

2008-09 DPFHL Champion

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by cpalermo84 View Post
    Yes take that deal and run.
    Thanks, reped!

Any other opinions!
    12 Team Keeper League.

D/ Doughty, Larsson
    G/ Ward and Miller
    Trade Bate/ B Connolly

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm skeptical.

To me, Karlsson looks like the next coming of Lidstrom. I know, I know, but all he has to do is round out his defensive game and he might be able to do it. If this is a keeper league, I'd consider Karlsson to be only second to Doughty in terms of longterm upside and potential.

I also LOVE Duchene. I see him as the future Sakic in COL.

Getzlaf and Nash are still very relevant but somewhat older than the other two. The first round pick turning into Yakupov could be VERY interesting though.

Try to talk him out of Duchene, throw in a higher pick or someone else.
    16 Teams - Full Dynasty Keeper - H2H - 23 Players - 5 Farm Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

I like the deal only because of the first coming along back with Getz. To me Karlsson is the best player in the deal Getz a close second. But now you add Duchene to the mix and the deal no longer is the same as the original one you posted. I still like it but it is a lot closer to me then originally.

Come to think of it I'm not even sure I'm behind it any more. It depends on if the pick can fall out of the 2 spot for me. 1 or 2 doesn't matter there both future SS but 3 is a big drop.

70pt Dman>85pt forward.

I don't know any more.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I like the deal only because of the first coming along back with Getz. To me Karlsson is the best player in the deal Getz a close second. But now you add Duchene to the mix and the deal no longer is the same as the original one you posted. I still like it but it is a lot closer to me then originally.

Come to think of it I'm not even sure I'm behind it any more. It depends on if the pick can fall out of the 2 spot for me. 1 or 2 doesn't matter there both future SS but 3 is a big drop.

70pt Dman>85pt forward.

I don't know any more.
    I did the deal. I'm 85pts behind the second last team. We hold a draft lottery my team (the 12th placed team) gets my name in the hat 12 times. The 11th place team gets 11 names and so on. So basically the team that finishes 1st could have the one name in the hat drawn and they win the first pick overall. The thing is though I can only move down to 2nd. After the 1st pick is won by one of the teams the rest shift down one spot. So I'm 100% guaranteed a top two pick. I'm assured one of Yakupov or Grigorenko!

My thought was Getzlaf and Karlsson are very close. The edge going to Karlsson due to his position, 60 70 point D men are hard to find. I like Duchene more than Nash for sure. This season and maybe next season they'll be close but Duchene has a higher offensive upside (unless of course Columbus gets Yakupov or Grigorenko and Nash benefits by proxy). The top two pick crushes the 5th.

Nash Getzlaf Yakupov or Grigorenko for Karlsson, Duchene and a 5th.... I had to do it!

I'll likely flip Nash as soon as I get the chance.
    12 Team Keeper League.

D/ Doughty, Larsson
    G/ Ward and Miller
    Trade Bate/ B Connolly

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The other reason I decided to do it was players very often go up and down. Only the best of the best consistently put up points. Is Karlsson a Crosby or Lidstrom? Doughty was the next coming and he's had a few off years. That doesn't mean he's a 35 point player just like a very strong 25 games doesn't mean Karlsson is going to be a consistent 70pt player. Like Doughty, Green and Yandel before him there's no guarantee Karlsson will do it again next season. In fact one could argue there's a better chance Karlsson takes a step back rather than being able to do it year after year. Besides, Getzlaf is 26 and he's already broken the 90 point plateau. He has all the skills to do it a few more times.
    Last edited by Tree_Frogs; December 15, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
    12 Team Keeper League.

D/ Doughty, Larsson
    G/ Ward and Miller
    Trade Bate/ B Connolly