Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is Platinum Club Access at ACC?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default What is Platinum Club Access at ACC?

As much I love Fantasy hockey, I've never actually been to a game at the ACC. I won a pair last night at our corporate Christmas party and they look like pretty good seats for the Detroit game in January.

Is anyone familiar with Platinum Club Access? It's written on the tickets, but I don't know what it means. Free meals or drinks? or just access to a special lounge?

Administrator

I know nothing about it but found this:

http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/re...Club/index.asp

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

http://bit.ly/vaa9Cx

Welcome to the Platinum Club. Our club features a stunning 3,000 bottle floor to ceiling 'Sterling Three Palms' wine cellar that surrounds a marble tasting table. The room also includes two sub-zero fridges to keep white, dessert and sparkling wines perfectly cared for and ready to serve. Opposite the wine cellar, the Rothschild Room is surrounded by glass for a more exclusive and intimate atmosphere. Both of these unique dining experiences can be booked through the Club Manager.

The Platinum Club at the Air Canada Centre provides the most luxurious dining experience in the city of Toronto. In collaboration with the Fleur De Lis Design Team, the recently renovated restaurant now hosts 260 guests for business dinners, wine tastings or a romantic evening for two.

Established in 1999, the restaurant provides Platinum seat holders with a sophisticated environment to enjoy exceptional food and premium service. The atmosphere includes soft lighting paired with rich colours and textures that are surrounded by elegant handmade décor crafted by various Canadian artists. Guests can enjoy their experience in one of our three unique dining spaces that come together to make the Platinum Club a destination. The Sterling Three Palms Merlot Wine Cellar is a glass enclosed room surrounding an eight person marble table, ideal for private dinners or wine tastings. Opposite the wine cellar stands the Rothschild Room, an eight-person private dining experience featuring a mother of pearl wall and a solid mahogany and ebony table. Finally, our main dining areas are ideal for accommodating parites of any size for exceptional cuisine before the event or during intermission. Two beautiful onyx backlit bars are located on either side of the wine cellar. Both are perfect for a pre-game or intermission cocktail.

Accompanying the extravagant décor, the revised menu created by our Executive Chef and Senior Director of Culinary Robert Bartley will excite your appetite with an array of classic cuisine including slowly braised organic short ribs, butter poached lobster, complete with milk chocolate fondue and Tahitian vanilla bean crème brulee. To complement their dishes, our Master Sommelier Jennifer Huether alongside her certified team pair your food with our award winning wine program of over 600 labels from various regions around the world.

The newly renovated club is overseen by our Manager Karen Geddes, Assistant Manager Kristy Arbuckle, Director of Restaurants and Catering Rik Ocvirk, Executive Chef Chris Zielinski, and Chef de Cuisine Jason Bailey.
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Giant

That sounds effing DOPE. Enjoy yourself dude, ACC has always been a dream-destination for me, as well.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks all.

That's about all I could find as well... which was basically access to an top notch restaurant. (Not complaining at all given the face value of the tickets).. I was just curious to know what it meant.

Dobber Sports Master

Okay, there's not too much of a difference, but here are some cool things:

- There are restaurants you can attend prior to the game
    - The concourse area that you walked around in during intermission is much, nicer (carpeted) and less crowded.
    - If you want, you can watch the Leafs leave their dressing room and go onto the ice.
    - Auctions for jerseys and sticks (really expensive, but nice to look at)
    - Much nicer bathrooms. Sounds weird to say, but the lines are 1000 times smaller and it's actually really clean.

It's a cool area, and they do their best to keep people from above out of it. Enjoy yourself!
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Ninja

Plat Club is on the lower level... it's basically a high-end restaurant, lounge and bar where you can grab dinner and drinks at ridiculously inflated prices. There's also a handful of season ticket holders in the plat and gold sections that hang out there too.

Probably the coolest thing about being down there is you can line up in between periods and watch all the Leafs coming in and out of the dressing room.

90% of the people there are corporate business douchebags who spend their time in the lounge and in their corporate suites drinking their faces in and hitting on the hostesses rather than being out in their seats watching the actual game.

If you only have access it means you can get in, but still have to pay for the stuff... but sometimes tickets are "comped" which means there's a dollar amount that comes with the ticket that you can use to get free food, drinks, etc. Best to just go down there, walk around, check it out and ask a hostess what comes with your tickets.

Dobber Sports Master

It would be more awesome if it was a strip-club... 2nd intermission lap-dance ftw!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Your company might have their own platinum lounge as well. Many of the corporations have their own lounge with a private bar/bartender, tv's, food, couches, etc. This is where everyone is between periods and why the stands look empty for the first few mins of each period. Pretty cool spots though. Enjoy.

Dobber Sports Ace

There's also a more extensive selection of beer on tap(still at a ridiculous price) but that really did it for me. Imports and locals, it's nice.
    Enjoy all the luxuries, because of all the rinks i've been too for an NHL game, the ACC is one of the lamest. It's great that you're going for free. congrats!
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Wizard

All I know about it is that it's where I go to get Creemore so I don't have to drink that piss they serve everywhere else.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Pro

Guys what is the ACC like? I have never been and am going on February 11th for the Canadians vs Leafs game(also the night Sundins jersey is honoured) and I was wondering what to expect and what I should do while I am there and in Toronto.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

The Great One

acc is awesome

and how much do you want for these tickets?? Ill buy them off you!! or trade+cash for another pair.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyGuru View Post
    acc is awesome

and how much do you want for these tickets?? Ill buy them off you!! or trade+cash for another pair.
    I cant sell these tickets. The chance to see my favourite Leaf get his jersey honoured and against the Canadians none the less is too good to pass up! They are really good seats too,I'm excited as hell!
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Administrator

I hope the food is better than the Gondola suite. I was there for the Habs/Leafs season finale last season and was up there for the buffet. Basically it was all freezer food and nothing that was advertised on the form.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust