Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Crosby will miss the next 2 games

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    agreed but in this case it seems to be a management decision and not an actual injury.

if the playoffs started today he's not missing those two games.
    Exactly this. That's why the decision is bullshit.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Better safe than sorry, eh?
    16 teams, Yahoo H2H keeper league ( we keep ALL of our players from year to year) 2C 2RW 2LW 4D 2G 5B 1Util

No salary cap

G A +/- PIM PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV(total) SV% SO

C: Crosby , Lecavalier, Ott , C. Smith
    LW: A. Mcdonald (C), Pacioretty , Wheeler, Greening
    RW: Read (C), M. Michalek (LW), Neil, J. Samson
    D: T. Kaberle, Wisniewski, Meszaros, Quincey, Garrison, Voynov,
    G: Fleury, Bryzgalov, Khabibulin, Enroth, S. Mason

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I bet this is all a cover up, he probably disappeared after his vampire-status was revealed. Now they need a couple days to find him.
    Shacked up with Sookie, I'll bet. She'll spread 'em for any vamp.

RETIRED

Banned

He got hit in the knee and you're sending him to a concussion spe******t? The ****

Dobber Sports Guru

He got hit in the knee and you're sending him to a concussion spe******t? The ****
    He also got an elbow to the head from Krejci. He had a clear bruise in his cheek.

Anyways, this sucks. F***.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Expert

Hey I'm just glad it's 2 days and not two weeks. He'll be fine, they are just gonna be overprotective.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's obviously a cover up... Balysma is often full of shit (like the time at the start of the season where he said Malkin would be sitting out because of "general soreness"). I'm not saying whether it's concussion related or not, but it's serious enough that they're sitting him out, which to me should be a huge reason for concern if you're an owner. This guy is paid $7M a year... he puts people into seats... if he's feeling 100% fine, there's no way they would sit him out for 2 entire games.

For the past few months I've constantly been preaching that there will be huge risk surrounding owning Crosby - not only immediately after his comeback, but for the rest of his entire career because he's only one hard check away from it being shortened. The science shows those with concussions are 400% more likely to suffer another one. It's mind blowing how many people on the forum were so confident he would be back 100% like superman, posting 2ppg like as if he would just pick up where he left off last season and be the same fearless player in the corner and in front of the net like he once was. That was just wishful thinking.

Dobber Sports Ace

Crosby did practice today which is good news after taking yesterdays practice off, I don't think they let him on the ice if there was any concern of a concussion. I'm assuming that him seeing Dr. Collins is par for the course this year as a precautionary measure especially after getting roughed up in the game against Boston. Here's hoping to the best outcome!
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Banned

my problem with this is if he, for example, breaks an ankle or fractures a finger, SOMEHOW that will be linked to his concussion and be deemed a setback, because of conspiracy theorists.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's obviously a cover up... Balysma is often full of shit (like the time at the start of the season where he said Malkin would be sitting out because of "general soreness"). I'm not saying whether it's concussion related or not, but it's serious enough that they're sitting him out, which to me should be a huge reason for concern if you're an owner. This guy is paid $7M a year... he puts people into seats... if he's feeling 100% fine, there's no way they would sit him out for 2 entire games.

For the past few months I've constantly been preaching that there will be huge risk surrounding owning Crosby - not only immediately after his comeback, but for the rest of his entire career because he's only one hard check away from it being shortened. The science shows those with concussions are 400% more likely to suffer another one. It's mind blowing how many people on the forum were so confident he would be back 100% like superman, posting 2ppg like as if he would just pick up where he left off last season and be the same fearless player in the corner and in front of the net like he once was. That was just wishful thinking.
    it depends what concussion you have. The doctors said there is not a huge risk of reoccurrence that is any different than any other player.. 400% seems like a-made up number...i for one am a Crosby owner and I am not that fearful of any future concussion.

by the way if you did watch him he has been the same fearless player out there. nothing has changed. Penguins are just being silly. It wasn't really wishful thinking, he has been great on the ice.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Damn Kunitz.

Mind you if Sid returns and scores 4 in his first game back I won't complain.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Come back soon Sid. I need the points. Period.

I 100% agree. Check the tape.
    RW: Gaborik, Kessel, Alfredsson; Read (C);
    D: Green; Ehrhoff; Wideman; Pronger(IR);
    G: Miller; Hiller; Vokoun, Kunitz

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P, +/-,PPP,SHP,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G

Don't mistake opinion for fact.
    44-49-17

Dobber Sports Ninja

it depends what concussion you have. The doctors said there is not a huge risk of reoccurrence that is any different than any other player.. 400% seems like a-made up number...i for one am a Crosby owner and I am not that fearful of any future concussion.

by the way if you did watch him he has been the same fearless player out there. nothing has changed. Penguins are just being silly. It wasn't really wishful thinking, he has been great on the ice.
    400% is a legit number backed by historical data and it has been mentioned many times in hockey discussions re: bergeron, primeau, lindros, etc. It's credible.

I wasn't implying that Crosby... as an athlete and competitor... wouldn't be playing fearless. I don't think he knows any other way to play. All I'm saying is that playing that style has consequences and the risks are amplified when you've suffered a major concussion.

I just think there's too much Crosby kool-aid flowing around on this forum... the debate is not how great of a player he is... he is the best player in the world hands down. I just think people are turning the blind-eye on the obvious risks here... and when people start advising others on this forum to reject amazing offers like Stamkos +++ for Crosby as if it's insulting, it just makes me shake my head.

If I were a Crosby owner, I would definitely be concerned with this most recent event.

Dobber Sports Initiate

FYI, the Pitt Post Gazette beat writer said he did take a concussion test and passed:

http://twitter.com/pgshelly/statuses/144536969601486848
    Sidney Crosby passed imPACT test, which is good but not sure-fire indication that he's not concussed again. Symptoms can be delayed.
    Yahoo! Keeper League (5 keepers)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, FW, shots, hits, blocks, W, sv%, GAA, SO

C: Seguin, Toews, Krejci, Bjugstad, Nelson
    RW: Tarasenko, Hayes, Vrbata, Jagr
    LW: E. Kane, JVR, Soderberg, Killorn
    D: OEL, Yandle, Green, Campbell
    G: Halak, Anderson, Hiller

Banned

I'm not that concerned due to the fact that it's a knee injury