Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Crosby will miss the next 2 games

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Ok so then the merlot must actually refer to wine, not whine. So wine = wino. So you must be an alcoholic old guy.

You're bloody Theo Fleury!!!
    no.....but come to think of it...theo would be on my list of favourite players.....he sucked it up....he was hit harder and brutalized much more than cindy......

cindy and his fanboys excuse of him being careful so he wont become a vegetable is garbage......if this was the case than majority of former nhlers would be all suffering from dementia and other forms of brain disease....there not

its a liberal society gone wild.......the pussification of our values......and canadas game....

fear mongering......these guys are big boys...suck it up and spend your millions....i hope cindy ****ing retires so the NHL can move forward...the NHL is better off without the crybabies....

"waaaa my head'

boo hoo

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    no.....but come to think of it...theo would be on my list of favourite players.....he sucked it up....he was hit harder and brutalized much more than cindy......

cindy and his fanboys excuse of him being careful so he wont become a vegetable is garbage......if this was the case than majority of former nhlers would be all suffering from dementia and other forms of brain disease....there not

its a liberal society gone wild.......the pussification of our values......and canadas game....

fear mongering......these guys are big boys...suck it up and spend your millions....i hope cindy ****ing retires so the NHL can move forward...the NHL is better off without the crybabies....

"waaaa my head'

boo hoo
    Yeah when one man has utterly dominated the sport like Crosby has it might be best for him to move on. Maybe he can win some NBA championships as a part time job.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

perfectly stated.....too many are 'blinded' by their creepy love for sid the kid

shame ....a 24 yr old still being called the kid
    We get it. You don't like Crosby. You are a Flyers fan. Stop antagonizing everyone and everyone will stop calling you a troll.
    Defending champ but still hungover

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Wow, this thread went south fast. This is stupid and now this thread has nothing to due with Crosby.
    2nd Year Keeper H2H Points- 10 Team
    G,A,PPP,SHP,HAT,SOG,BLK,HIT,+/-,W,L,GA,SV,SO

F-Crosby, Semin, Marleau, Perry, Roy, Giroux, Williams, Gange, Flieschman, Jokinen, Parenteau, Erkisson
    D-Letang, Visnovsky, Edler, Kronwall
    G-Lundqvist, Crawford, Backstrom, Emery

Dobber Sports Initiate

So to get this back on track:

Crosby is suffering from concussion-like symptoms (headaches). He passed the imPACT test, but is not feeling 100% and is being careful about things. He says there's no timetable for his return, but also says his imPACT results were "way better" and that he's not by any means back to square one. Crosby thinks it's likely that the incidental elbow in the head from Krejci was the one that triggered the headaches. Given that he also had a nice bruise on his face in the 1st intermission interview he did, I'm inclined to believe him. Let's also remember, he's not on IR, and doctors aren't calling this a concussion.

His trade value should be discussed in the trade forum or forwards forum.
    Cheers.

I think some members comments about not jumping the gun yet are reasonable.

If he had broke his leg or tore his knee, missed months and finally came back.....only to stop after 5-10 games because he didnt feel right would this be any different?

He is saying its not the same as before, in fact nothing like before. So it could just be not wanting to push it. There is no reason to NOT take a few games off just to be ABSOLUTELY certain that everything remains in tact at this time.

The team is doing well, no reason to push him for no reason. This is his first concussion and even though he took a ton of time off, it will take even longer to fully get back to where he was before pre concussion.

Im sure as time goes on and he plays more and more, the chances of another problem occurring reduce.

Dont forget, taking 10 months off from the grind of the NHL alone for any player would be tough to come back to....with the hitting etc. ...let alone doing so after a concussion.

Dobber Sports Stud

Good luck winning with Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Staal out. Yup, the Penguins are going to maintain their 120 point pace without their key guys.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by C.J View Post

If he had broke his leg or tore his knee, missed months and finally came back.....only to stop after 5-10 games because he didnt feel right would this be any different?

He is saying its not the same as before, in fact nothing like before. So it could just be not wanting to push it. There is no reason to NOT take a few games off just to be ABSOLUTELY certain that everything remains in tact at this time.

The team is doing well, no reason to push him for no reason. This is his first concussion and even though he took a ton of time off, it will take even longer to fully get back to where he was before pre concussion.

Im sure as time goes on and he plays more and more, the chances of another problem occurring reduce.

Dont forget, taking 10 months off from the grind of the NHL alone for any player would be tough to come back to....with the hitting etc. ...let alone doing so after a concussion.
    Exactly, these things happen for some... knee soreness (Malkin), tweaking a groin injury (Jagr).
    The problem with a concussion is that you can't see how bad he's limping after the game.

Dobber Sports Stud

"waaaa my head'

boo hoo
    And we have a new low for the forums....... So glad this loser is some goof behind a computer screen and not someone anyone actually cares about. pussification. really?
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Good luck winning with Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Staal out. Yup, the Penguins are going to maintain their 120 point pace without their key guys.
    Logic [and history] dictates that they will come damn close. I seem to remember the Penguins setting a franchise-record 106 points last year w/o Crosby, Malkin, or Staal for much of the season.

Check the facts before you stick your foot in your mouth.

Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Logic [and history] dictates that they will come damn close. I seem to remember the Penguins setting a franchise-record 106 points last year w/o Crosby, Malkin, or Staal for much of the season.

Cheers.
    As much as it pains me to say it, Dan Bylsma is a fine hockey mind and has impressed me thoroughly - not just with Xs and Os, but with his uncanny ability to motivate and get the best out of his players. The last time I saw an injury-depleted group play with such swagger and confidence was the 1987 Philadelphia Flyers team lead by Mike Keenan. Bylsma did it before and will do it again - no quit in his teams.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Quote Originally Posted by C.J View Post

This has been my thinking (or cognitive dissonance) today. Yesterday I had a much more pessimistic attitude about this injury. However, I still believe that this will effect the way that he can/will play for the rest of the season. Now that he has an idea of what type of contact can bring back symptoms, will he be as willing to play the way he does?
    Defending champ but still hungover

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post

Cheers.
    History may or may not repeat itself, but the Pens quickly become a below-average team without their 4 superstars. I'm glad I traded Fleury a month ago!

Dobber Sports Guru

Crosby has been placed on IR to make room for call-ups due to other injuries (Staal, Martin etc.).
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Crosby has been placed on IR to make room for call-ups due to other injuries (Staal, Martin etc.).
    thank
    god
    all
    mighty