Thread: 12/04/11 Studs & Duds

Administrator

Default 12/04/11 Studs & Duds

I know this is a hockey only zone but it's Sunday so how can you bring up Studs & Duds and not mention Tim Tebow for doing it AGAIN! This is insane. Anyways, here are the Studs & Duds.

Studs

Looooooouuuuuuuuu!

I take immense pleasure out of the irony that I never know whether the Vancouver Canucks fans are cheering Lou, or if they are booing their much maligned and polarizing starting goaltender. Tonight they cheered Lou as he cruised to a win and the best numbers for any goalie on Sunday but that script could easily flip next game out. In any case, as a Luongo owner, it's nice to see him getting his Lou on.

Born to be Wild

The Minnesota Wild keep on trucking with a win over the Anaheim Ducks. Matt Cullen was Sunday's top scorer with three assists. Cal Clutterbuck had a solid rotisserie performance throwing up a goal (shorthanded), an assist, four SOG and a plus-two rating.

Hellooooo, What Have We Here?

Gabriel Landeskog is Sunday's roto-monster. Lando went off for two assists (one of which was shorthanded), two PIM, six SOG, five hits and a plus-two rating. He is an absolute beast in multi-cat leagues.

HM

Yankee Canucks

The all-American second line of the Vancouver Canucks had quite the night on Sunday. Ryan Kesler was the low man recording just two assists, while Higgins and Booth each scored a goal and added two assists.

Ryan O'Reilly

Keeps on trucking with two more goals on Sunday night.

Backhander of the Night

I'm not sure what reason any of you would be owning Matt Stajan - maybe it's for comedy's sake or maybe you are just tanking (actually if you are tanking maybe this should go in the Duds section) - but whatever the reason, it certainly isn't for his PIM production. That's why Stajan's 15 PIM on Sunday night was worthy of mention and what's more, he was only minus-one on the night!

Duds

Henrik Karlsson

Way to let down the four people on the planet who actually had you in their lineup tonight. If you were sitting quietly enough, you could almost hear them cry out in agony as they watch Karlsson fall to pieces over a six minute stretch from the end of the second through the start of the third. Karlsson allowed five goals on 32 shots getting yanked early against the Canucks.

Vall? Vat Vall?

Detroit defenseman Nik Kronwall's two PIM and two SOG were solid but his minus-two rating against the decidedly mediocre Avalanche is disappointing.

Andrew Cogliano

For blessing us with tonight's worst minus-three rating and for contributing absolutely nothing positive other than a constant reminder of how blessed we Oilers fans are that management wised up and shipped your underachieving ass out of town.

DHM

Taking a Shattenkirk on all the Hype

I'm a big fan of Stefan Elliott's long term upside but I'm not so sure he's the second coming of Kevin Shattenkirk. For one thing, he is less experienced than Shattenkirk when he made his debut. So while Elliott led all Avalanche players in power play time by a long shot with 3:38 on Sunday night, he only played nine minutes overall. They aren't just going to keep him around as a power play QB if he can't play a regular shift. Looks like more time in the minors for the "second coming".

Filppin' Flippula

Just when you think it's ready to start buying this guy as a legit breakout candidate he goes and gets injured. He left after playing just five minutes of Sunday night's game and did not return. Is this where the bubble bursts? He did manage two PIM as a going away present though.

Jonas Hiller... Jonas Hiller... Jonas Hiller...
    Last edited by metaldude26; December 5, 2011 at 1:39 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Jonas Hiller... Jonas Hiller... Jonas Hiller...
    Starting to notice a trend...
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Genius

I've got the sucky Cogliano in the UHL. I'm not even trying to tank, but just the cards I was dealt. The kid is pretty awful for me. He's a recognizable name to the casual fantasy hockey guy of the last few years, but blows.

Loving how O'Reilly is doing so well. Many don't realize he was drafted the same year as Duchene in the 2nd round. Pretty slick.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Starting to notice a trend...
    Not hard to figure this one out.

Jonas Hiller sucks. Jonas Hiller plays for the Ducks. The Ducks play almost every Sunday. Almost every Sunday Jonas Hiller sucks.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I've got the sucky Cogliano in the UHL. I'm not even trying to tank, but just the cards I was dealt. The kid is pretty awful for me. He's a recognizable name to the casual fantasy hockey guy of the last few years, but blows.

Loving how O'Reilly is doing so well. Many don't realize he was drafted the same year as Duchene in the 2nd round. Pretty slick.
    I have Stajan in the UHL, I will happily trade him to you for Cog's!
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Karlsson was not pulled in the game, he left in the third after a in crease collision with teammate. Looks like a knee injury.
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling

Dobber Sports Star

Hiller stinks, has no confidence.
    Another 2-0 lead blown and now is blaming the other guys on ice.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pharling View Post
    Karlsson was not pulled in the game, he left in the third after a in crease collision with teammate. Looks like a knee injury.
    Well you can understand why I'd assume he was yanked. Injury is probably a blessing in disguise for his 13 fantasy owners.