Thread: King Kane

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default King Kane

Is Patrick Kane on drugs?
    Or... Are there too many babes around the team?

He\'s zero point in the last five games,
    and 13 points in his last 20 GP.
    That\'s a 53 pts pace!

I know the whole team kinda sucks these days, but is this due to the absence of Toews?

How do you see Kane\'s production when Toews comes back?

I rarely get scared about a span from one of my rookies, but Kane is better than that. Waaay better. Right?:huh:
    "Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable. - Conn Smythe

Keeper League Pts only / 9 G.M.
    F: Ovechkin, Kane, Backstrom, Elias, Roy, Stamkos
    D: Campbell, Chara, Souray
    G: Price, Pavelec
    Bench: Eriksson, Goligoski, , Vokoun, Hiller, Antropov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default King Kane

Maksim wrote:
    Is Patrick Kane on drugs?
    Or... Are there too many babes around the team?

He\'s zero point in the last five games,
    and 13 points in his last 20 GP.
    That\'s a 53 pts pace!

I know the whole team kinda sucks these days, but is this
    due to the absence of Toews?

How do you see Kane\'s production when Toews comes back?

I rarely get scared about a span from one of my rookies, but Kane is better than that. Waaay better. Right?:huh:
    To sum up your 5 questions in a few sentences.

1) I have no idea. Did you mean babies, like really young rookies or women \"babes\"? Cuz who cares about the women on the road?

2)It\'s called a slump. It happens.

3)Yes. When Toews gets back he\'ll be fine.

4)Just fine and dandy like it was before the injury. Now he plays with guys he doesnt mesh with nearly as well as he did with Toews.

5) Yes, Kane is better than this, and he will be again when Toews comes back.

Dont worry, Kane wil be fine. He\'s too good not to be.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default King Kane

kane is only 19..never forget that!! and he is small.Maybe he is getting tired?

im a pretty sure the return of toews will help him!
    Keeper 9 team, g/a =1pts 20 keeper on 23
    Foward:Alex Ovechkin, Anze Kopitar, Colby Armstrong, Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom, Jakub Voracek, Nikita Filatov , Jason Arnott, Alexander Radulov , Claude Giroux, Derrick Brassard, Kyle Turris, Mikeal Frolik, Steve Sullivan, JVR, Patrick Osullivan,John Tavares, Matt Duchenes,Pat Berglund
    Defense:Ryan Whitney, Mike Green, Jack Johson,
    , Drew Doughty
    Goalie:Carey Price

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default King Kane

Did i piss somebody off again? :laugh: My karma keeps fluxuating between 8 & 9. Im just trying to reach double digits here!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default King Kane

NYR9394 wrote:
    Did i piss somebody off again? :laugh: My karma keeps fluxuating between 8 & 9. Im just trying to reach double digits here!
    not me...karma for you !!!lol
    Keeper 9 team, g/a =1pts 20 keeper on 23
    Foward:Alex Ovechkin, Anze Kopitar, Colby Armstrong, Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom, Jakub Voracek, Nikita Filatov , Jason Arnott, Alexander Radulov , Claude Giroux, Derrick Brassard, Kyle Turris, Mikeal Frolik, Steve Sullivan, JVR, Patrick Osullivan,John Tavares, Matt Duchenes,Pat Berglund
    Defense:Ryan Whitney, Mike Green, Jack Johson,
    , Drew Doughty
    Goalie:Carey Price

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default King Kane

Yeah Karma for you!

Of course I meant babes like hot chicks. Groupies exist also in hockey, don\'t they? The poor kid deserves some sweet girls :laugh:

I got emotive pretty fast, I know. 5 games span, it\'s not that bad when you play in CHI. Another way to put it would be: is Toews the main driver for Kane\'s production?
    "Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable. - Conn Smythe

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default King Kane

Thanks buddies, i\'ll return the favor when the website allows me to. I gave you karma already but I dont know if someone took it away. I\'ll get it back to ya soon.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default King Kane

It is very common for rookies to hit a \"wall\" at some point.

Even when surrounded by veterans, the wear and tear, travel,team commitments are far beyond anything they have experienced. Without Toews and Havlat in the lineup other teams can focus on kane, and generally put their strongest defence pairings out against him.

Consider the fanfare around Kane and Toews, not to mention the promotional load as the \"future of the hawks\" and the \"slump\" should be expected.

If you recall the days before Crosby/Ovechkin a 53 point pace for a rookie, was great. It is us fantasy fans that are spoiled now.

Be patient and enjoy a long and prosperous career.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default King Kane

Maksim wrote:
    Another way to put it would be: is Toews the main driver for Kane\'s production?
    Yea, they feed off each other very well. I knew that when Havlat came back and they briefly made the line Kane-Toews-Havlat it would be a disaster....now it\'s Kane-Lang-Havlat or substitute Lang for Sharp. Kane does not play well with Havlat. He defers to him TOO much. Kane is a playmaker, not a force-feeder and Havlat thinks it\'s his God given right to have the puck spoon fed to him. I think once Kane gets on the line with Toews and Lang sticks it out with Havlat, you\'ll see an increase in production from both players.

Dobber Sports Master

Default King Kane

Kane is a small guy and the lack of scoring could be a result of the hard hitting NHL season. Give a few years to get accustomed to the faster paced NHL.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Stud

Default King Kane

How dare you for naming this thread \"King Kane.\" He is far from that...

Yes, Kane\'s recent slump is most likely directly tied to Toews\' absence... as is Sharp\'s and the rest of the team. When it comes to the \"King\" of the Hawks, it is clearly Toews, not Kane. Don\'t forget that! In fact, I think Kane will be lucky to be the third best player to come out of this rookie class... personally, I put him at 6th behind (in this order) Toews, E. Johnson, J. Johnson, Backstrom, and Mueller.

Personally, I think the majority of people in and around hockey just went a little bonkers at the beginning of the season when Kane started off on fire, and we have Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin to blame for that. Kane is a very fine hockey player, but he is not a mega-star like his three recent predecessors. He will likely be a consistent 80-90 point guy in his prime years, with the vast majority of points coming as assists.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ace

Default King Kane

I do believe the title of \"King\" has long been reserved for King Henrik, if I\'m not mistaking.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default King Kane

Maksim wrote:
    Groupies exist also in hockey, don\'t they? The poor kid deserves some sweet girls :laugh:
    I wish there were groupies in fantasy hockeyhmy: :laugh:

Kane is just going through what most NHL rookies experience. The season is a long grind and until you experience it, you will have an adjustment period.

King Kane is a kool subject line and in no way confers a title to the rookie. The King is still Elvis, followed by a Swedish dude named Lundqvist.B)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default King Kane

Sorry guys for the title, but I wanted answers to my questions and God knows how important a catchy thread name can give you posts.

\"King Kane\" sounds to me like King Kong. And thinking about how small Patrick is, this nickname makes me laugh!

As for the comparaison between Kane & Toews, I give Kane an edge of few points per season because he can do it all. Toews is more of a goal scorer and Kane is the playmaker. In my league, goal and assist are both worth 1 point.:P

By the way, I added your karma, NYR9394.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default King Kane

Maksim wrote:

By the way, I added your karma, NYR9394.
    Thanks buddy, just returned the favor.