Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: IIHF World Junior Championship

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    That is AWESOME. I just read some were that Smith-Pelly might be released as well. He would make a great addition imo as well.
    I think DSP might be too valuable to ANA (with their lack of offensive depth) but he's definitely a real possibility and would certainly help.

I feel that Johansen, Couturier (ice time is starting to diminish a bit - around 10 min) and Gudbranson could be released too.

The fact that Johansen made the WJC his bitch last year might hurt his chances but it could also rejuvenate him for a strong second half as well.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

MacKenzie said tonight that it was likely Gudbranson would be released for the tournament as well.

These guys would be huge additions to the team.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah i would love for these guys to be released I am scared for canada with usa being such a ****ing powerhouse and having campbell in net and russia well lets jsut list off the possible first line if nailer is back
    Kuznetsov Grigorenko Yakupov

That lines talent is blinding and scary

I would love to see a top 6 of

schwartz schiefele stone
    Huberdeau Strone Connolly

that would be sick with say howden blank DSP on the third shut down line im loving it ahaha
    10 Team Roto League; 20 Keepers;
    Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G

Stats: G,A,Pts,PPG,PPA,Pims,+/- W,Sv%,Sv
    C: Tavares Thorton H. Sedin
    LW: Moulson Clowe D. Sedin Whitney
    RW: Hossa Gaborik Pomminville Pavelski Purcell Heatley
    D: Bieska Boyle
    G: Smith Nabobov Bishop Lindback Ramo Luongo

12 teams 12 keepers
    Points Only

F: Spezza, Brown, Lecavalier, Horton, Elias, Weiss, Desharnais,
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Brodin
    G: Smith, Schnieder
    Farm: Justin Faulk, Ryan Ellis, Krill Kabanov

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    I think DSP might be too valuable to ANA (with their lack of offensive depth) but he's definitely a real possibility and would certainly help.

I feel that Johannes, Couturier (ice time is starting to diminish a bit - around 10 min) and Gudbranson could be released too.

The fact that Johansen made the WJC his bitch last year might hurt his chances but it could also rejuvenate him for a strong second half as well.
    I hadn't realized his minutes were down so much till you said something and I looked it up Couturier would be huge. Johannes I can't see Columbus letting him go..
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by KoHolga View Post
    Yeah i would love for these guys to be released I am scared for canada with usa being such a ****ing powerhouse and having campbell in net and russia well lets jsut list off the possible first line if nailer is back
    Kuznetsov Grigorenko Yakupov

That lines talent is blinding and scary

I would love to see a top 6 of

schwartz schiefele stone
    Huberdeau Strone Connolly

that would be sick with say howden blank DSP on the third shut down line im loving it ahaha
    Strone? Is that some sort of Ryan Strome and Mark Stone hybrid because if it was then you have a fantastic player on your hands haha

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I hadn't realized his minutes were down so much till you said something and I looked it up Couturier would be huge. Johannes I can't see Columbus letting him go..
    Why wouldn't Columbus? It wouldn't hurt to get Ryan Johansen into some "winning" games and it's not like he is getting a ton of playing time right now. It's only for a few weeks as well. RJ is likely a long shot but I don't think it would hurt CBJ or Johansen himself - especially long term.

Yakupov will be ready to play for WJC - I have little doubt about that.

Dobber Sports Ace

Looking forward to this tournament, as it is one of the few hockey tournaments that we actually get on UK TV.

I like to go into this tournament without knowing who is playing for each country and then see who shines, makes it more fun that way for me.

Tough to pick a winner this year from the top half a dozen nations.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Strone? Is that some sort of Ryan Strome and Mark Stone hybrid because if it was then you have a fantastic player on your hands haha

Hahahahha ooops really gotta stop writing things before I pass out and not checking them

Yakupov will be ready to play for WJC - I have little doubt about that.
    So glad... I am priomed to finish last and get your personal fav but I haven't seen em play yet other than the subway series
    10 Team Roto League; 20 Keepers;
    Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G

Stats: G,A,Pts,PPG,PPA,Pims,+/- W,Sv%,Sv
    C: Tavares Thorton H. Sedin
    LW: Moulson Clowe D. Sedin Whitney
    RW: Hossa Gaborik Pomminville Pavelski Purcell Heatley
    D: Bieska Boyle
    G: Smith Nabobov Bishop Lindback Ramo Luongo

12 teams 12 keepers
    Points Only

F: Spezza, Brown, Lecavalier, Horton, Elias, Weiss, Desharnais,
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Brodin
    G: Smith, Schnieder
    Farm: Justin Faulk, Ryan Ellis, Krill Kabanov

Administrator

Is Pierre doing the games again this year? I kinda hope not but at the same time I really want to hear him pronounce Yakupov's name. That's guaranteed to be a treasure.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Is Pierre doing the games again this year? I kinda hope not but at the same time I really want to hear him pronounce Yakupov's name. That's guaranteed to be a treasure.
    I hope not. I can't stand all of the yelling and regurgitating of "________(insert home town here" and "____________(insert Junior hockey team here)" and "__________ (insert height and weight here) + MONSTER"

Enough people mispronounce Yakupov's name and Nail makes it even more controversy after saying he doesn't care which way people pronounce his name. However, I have noticed too many people spelling it incorrectly as Yakapov. *cringe*

Anyways, Devante Smith-Pelly has also been loaned to Team Canada by the Anaheim Ducks. See it pays off to be a junior eligible player playing on a shitty NHL team in the Yakupov hunt. Now let's release Ryan Johansen Columbus --- you guys are shit haha

Administrator

See I really want to hear him have a huge orgasm like he did over Tokarski's save only do it over Yakupov and see how he handles doing the orgasm voice while simultaneously trying to use a Russian accent. Don't tell me you aren't intrigued. I'd literally pay to hear it.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default I don't think we will hear Pierre's dulcet tones...

Probably someone else this year. Doesn't Pierre Mcblowhard work for NBC/Versus now?

Chris Cuthbert maybe?
    12 Team $ Keeper Dynasty (top 5 get paid) - ROTO daily changes

Roster: 3C / 3LW / 3RW / 4D / 1 Util / 2 G / 5 Bn / 6 Farm
    Scoring : G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, Save %, SO

C: Crosby, Hodgson, Steen, Dubinsky
    W: Alfredsson, Nash, Hall, J. Jokinen, Michalek, D. Brown, Simmonds, Yakupov, C. Neil
    D: Edler, Carlson, Kulikov, R. Ellis, Wideman
    G: Backstrom, Harding, S. Mason, Khudobin
    Prospects (<150 GP): Tarasenko, Etem, B. Smith, Hamilton, Lack, Tokarski

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So Connolly and Smith-Pelly are going to be there for Canada.

Erik Gudbranson however is not.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382348

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
    So Connolly and Smith-Pelly are going to be there for Canada.

Erik Gudbranson however is not.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382348

Gudbranson's one assist and minus-7 rating is certainly helping the Panthers haha

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Lots of updates here:

-Ryan Spooner is out with mono and won't attend the selection camp so cross him off your lists

- Ryan Murray is back playing for Everett so things are looking good on the backend there. Also, Huberdeau has been skating and is going day-by-day so it appears Canada should have his services barring any setbacks (source: TSN)

- 42 players invited to selection camp

It appears that Hockey Canada won't wait too long to make their first cuts as it's expected that after today's Red-White game that Canada will make a few cuts. The majority of cuts should come on Wednesday December 14th.

Day 1 starts today.

The Great One

pierre will do the games....

he was released/left tsn, but he will still do this tournament for them.....i love him for this tournament anyways....he knows his shit