Thread: 0708 impact

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default 0708 impact

completely aware none of these guys will be game breakers next year, who will provide me with some solid top 3 line icetime and maybe 1st 2nd pp?????

Mueller
    Hudler
    Prucha
    Brown
    Kane

I see it this way

Mueller-makes team..duh..by end of season #1 centre,PPunit...too much hope?

Hudler-does Babcock wake up???

Prucha- seriously??? 52 goals in 2 seasons...52 goals in 147 games??...fire Renney now???..what more can one ask???

Brown- make or break season???...been in the league since 18 yrs old

Kane- J.Staal played PK unit....can team that drafts him ease him in with PP minutes only???....my guess is he has better hands than the entire Blackhawks, even Havlat

opinions appreciated

thanks

I...am your father.

Default Re:0708 impact

Mueller - your theory sounds about right
    Hudler - Babcock will wake up a little, but he may be one more year...
    Prucha - I don\'t like him as a fantasy asset
    Brown - not make or break. He is developing as I would expect. 55 points this year, then a breakout next year.
    Kane - He\'ll be a few years I would think.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

I\'m thinking an injury will force Babcock to wake up and put Hudler in a prime scoring position. Hudler will thrive and fantasy owners will let out a sigh of relief.

I\'m not a Prucha fan. I like his chances of starting off strong next year if he\'s given the chance, but I doubt he\'ll stick for long. Either produce around how he did in his first year(aka A lot of goals), or he\'s in the doghouse.

I was lucky to get Brown last year in one of my leagues. The manager wasn\'t very happy with him, and I stole him for Antii Miettinen and Matt Cullen, I think. He\'s a power forward, they take longer to reach their peak. He\'s doing just fine, right now. If O\'Sully gets comfortable in the 2nd C slot over on the Kings, you could see some unexpectedly high production, with only more to come.

Mueller will be top line by the end of the year. You\'re correct there, as far as I can tell. No way Reinprecht stays top line. Only thing stopping the kid is if Phoenix signs a UFA long term to be a #1 C...thwarting the development of Mueller and Hanzal, who I perceive to be a great future 1-2 tandem.

Kane...I don\'t think he will step in right away. He\'s a little too far under standard. Plus, time outside of the NHL will do him good. You don\'t want another development disaster like what Columbus did to Brule.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kane could easily play next year if given extremely sheltered minutes with top players. He\'ll be a regular if a growth spurt kicks him to even 5\'11 over the course of the summer.