Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Skyrim

I never planned on buying it (it's been years since I played a RPG - last one being Oblivion - and I barely got into that one) but I did so last night. 8 hours of gameplay later and... oh my god.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, I'm saving it for after Christmas. Way too much other stuff to do now
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Also waiting till after Xmas... so excited.

Dobber Sports Sage

Hahaha I was trying to wait for Christmas/Hannukah/my birthday (other than the extended version of LOTR on blu ray - which I also bought during the Black Friday sales... it was the only thing on my list - and I didn't want it THAT badly)... but after seeing all the videos of the gameplay on youtube I caved.

Managed to snatch the last PS3 copy at BestBuy last night.

Such a refreshing change of scenery after playing COD nonstop this month. Yuck!
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Star

Ya I am really enjoying it. Although, through min/maxing and working enchanting, smithing, and alchemy, I think I broke the game and basically made myself indestructible. I was running around 1-shotting dragons and Ice Trolls on Master difficulty, and that made the game really not-fun. Started over again and I am really enjoying it.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Stud

I keep reading on it...

Dammit, my new computer can't come soon enough. Although it'll only be around my b-day/x-mas anyways... So I won't have a reason to not study for my exams.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yep also waiting until Xmas.......I chose Assassin's Creed over it...which Im so disappointed in. That's actually unfair because I used to love the games until I got into Batman and realized how awesome the fighting is in it compared to AC. Ohhhh well.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i have it but havent played it yet...still too hooked on nhl 12 lol

Dobber Sports Stud

I've logged like 37 hours and I consider that to be nothing at all. It literally will take me 200+ hours to accomplish what I want to in this game. That being said, I consider a well $60 bucks spent when I have a game to play for a year!
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Finally got this game!

Only had one day to play it but played it 12 hours straight. So much stuff to do.

I'm a Nord focusing on One-Handed, Block, Archery, Smithing, and Light Armor. Level 14 ATM. Focusing on companions quest line right now.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Finally got this game!

Only had one day to play it but played it 12 hours straight. So much stuff to do.

I'm a Nord focusing on One-Handed, Block, Archery, Smithing, and Light Armor. Level 14 ATM. Focusing on companions quest line right now.
    Wood Elf sneak-archer type myself. Got it on X-mas eve for 40$ (PC version) and running it on Ultra no problems.

I'm losing sleep and wishing work would call me to say I have the week off to this thing. I was hooked at the scenic entrance of the first dragon (Or, rather, the scripted sequence to start the game).

Just bought the Whiterun house (damn expensive) to I could stuff all the books in (I made it a habit to keep every single one of them) and am just doing quests and clearing places as I come across them...
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Wood Elf sneak-archer type myself. Got it on X-mas eve for 40$ (PC version) and running it on Ultra no problems.

I'm losing sleep and wishing work would call me to say I have the week off to this thing. I was hooked at the scenic entrance of the first dragon (Or, rather, the scripted sequence to start the game).

Just bought the Whiterun house (damn expensive) to I could stuff all the books in (I made it a habit to keep every single one of them) and am just doing quests and clearing places as I come across them...
    I just bought that too. Needed a place to store my enchanted gear since I'm a hoarder and refuse to sell it and was encumbered all the time.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm pretty new to the whole RPG thing, need a little direction and tips.

I big thing for me is this: what's up with the while weight thing. Seems to me it's fairly important as everything has its weight. Along those lines, as a wood elf, what do I need to worry about in terms of armor? Should unstick with certain stuff? Is it pointless to oneith heavier armor? Also, when searching bodie and such, how much stuff should I be keeping to sell/trade? If i start carrying too much does the whole "weight" thing start to become an issue? Sigh.... I'm sure this is all basic stuff but Inhave no idea how to approach all this!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    I'm pretty new to the whole RPG thing, need a little direction and tips.

I big thing for me is this: what's up with the while weight thing. Seems to me it's fairly important as everything has its weight. Along those lines, as a wood elf, what do I need to worry about in terms of armor? Should unstick with certain stuff? Is it pointless to oneith heavier armor? Also, when searching bodie and such, how much stuff should I be keeping to sell/trade? If i start carrying too much does the whole "weight" thing start to become an issue? Sigh.... I'm sure this is all basic stuff but Inhave no idea how to approach all this!
    It's pretty hard to go up to max weight unless you were to play a heavy armored type. I've only just before I bought my house (because I was clueless with disenchantments) started to have issues with the weight.

If you're playing a sneaky/archer wood-elf, then you might rather light armor. Less noise when sneaking and takes a lot less space in your weight capacity. I just usually sell the stuff I will not need, If you have enchanted weapons you won't be using, dis-enchant them at the Arcane Enchanter table (in Whiterun - where the Wizard stays in the castle or Dragonsreach) - you'll be able to enchant another item you would prefer with an enchantment later on.

The weight thing just prevents you from hoarding like a bazillion potions and weapon for every fight. Once you get over the limit (based on your stamina), you just can't run anymore (also means no fast travel). So it's a good idea to stay under. Sell any excess stuff and until you get a house to store some of your valuable stuff (in my case, books/spare weapons), just loot the things that you really want/need or if you will sell them, the ones that give a better value/weight ratio. Usually the armor and any enchanted weapons.

It's not a big problem, just cause you to really choose how you'll play andn ot have a billion sets of armor/potions for every situation.

@dyz - you know you can disenchant that gear? You can then use those enchantments on any other of your gear. Sometimes it might be better to sell them, but once you have the enchant learned you can't disenchant something else, so just sell those. That's what I'm doing.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO