Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Filatov Chronicles: The Final Chapter?

Banned

No problem but I won't be updating anymore due to the fact that I am just tired of talking about such a minor player. If he does something, actually scores or does something worth talking about, I'll update.

I will say this though, I don't see this guy in the Sens organization come next season. Just too many other players coming in who are/will be better than him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    No problem but I won't be updating anymore due to the fact that I am just tired of talking about such a minor player. If he does something, actually scores or does something worth talking about, I'll update.

I will say this though, I don't see this guy in the Sens organization come next season. Just too many other players coming in who are/will be better than him.
    Wow. I guess you feel he will be KHL bound.

I admit, I have yet to see him play a game this year. I saw the highlights - between the legs, but that doesn't tell me anything, so i'm very thankful for the insight. I do respect the frustration of covering a "minor" player. I want to know if this guy is showing some bite. He can't rest on potential and talent. He needs to take advantage of this opportunity in serious way.

I don't know what Murray told him, but i hope Filatov left with a mind set of short being on a short leash and not a long one. The latter would surely be his rapid downfall.
    Last edited by One87; December 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Novice

We must be getting to the last couple of pages hear.

Chapter 188 Hopelessness:

Today Coach Maclean was asked if he had considered putting Filatov in. He replied- "No" without any further comment.

http://twitter.com/#!/NHL_Sens

Chapter 189 Extradition:

From Filatov's FormSpring Account. He is being chased out of the country:

"Nikita, this is going to read like I'm being an ******* to you and I'm truly not. Go home. Go play for CSKA with your whole heart without looking over your shoulder at the NHL. Go be the handsome young face of the new CSKA."

The ending of this epic tale must be close....
    13 Team League Salary Cap 73.6 Million
    Points Only, 2 Points Win, 3 Additional for SO
    Keep 8 (Two Rookies) 1 Goalie. 24 Man Roster. Dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G

F: Backstorm, Datsyuk, Carter, Semin, Cammelleri, J. Staal, Setoguchi, Hanzal, Simmonds, Purcell, Adam, Filatov,

D: Green, Burns, Kaberle, Del Zotto, Orlov, S. Elliott

G: Quick, Lehtonen, Schneider, Neuvirth

Banned

He'll be booking a flight to Moscow when Peter Regin gets back

didn't think so earlier but they clearly don't respect/like him
    Last edited by Big Ev; December 8, 2011 at 2:24 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

Kid never got the fair shake he was promised by mgmt. Everyone can say what they want but 2-3 games with Spezza is not a fair shake. There was no effort by the coach to help him be successful.

Greening 100% earned his spot and Zach Smith is a bout as valuable to the Sens as Karlsson right now, but I've watched quite a few Sens games this yr and Butler has no business being promoted or given ice time over Filatov.

At the very least, a rotation between both in scoring spots to create some competition and then reward the most productive. Maclean's a GREAT coach and I admire him greatly but the way he handled this Filatov/Butler business is laughable.../Rant
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jayz16 View Post
    Kid never got the fair shake he was promised by mgmt. Everyone can say what they want but 2-3 games with Spezza is not a fair shake. There was no effort by the coach to help him be successful.

Greening 100% earned his spot and Zach Smith is a bout as valuable to the Sens as Karlsson right now, but I've watched quite a few Sens games this yr and Butler has no business being promoted or given ice time over Filatov.

At the very least, a rotation between both in scoring spots to create some competition and then reward the most productive. Maclean's a GREAT coach and I admire him greatly but the way he handled this Filatov/Butler business is laughable.../Rant
    Yeah but Butler has been working hard and has a god attitude. Clearly the coaches don't think the same for Filatov. If he did, he'd be playing. Also, it's pretty common that a team would want to to keep giving chances to a player who has more career goals and past success than the other player in question. It's not like Butler is constantly given ice time either, he gets benched quite a bit.

we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. Clearly there's something else afoot, or else he wouldn't be scratched for 4 straight games.

You don't deserve a fair shake if you are not respected by your peers and coaches.

Anyways, it's pointless now because Filatov is not going to be in the NHL for a long while, if ever. Having said that, they will probably put him in Saturday and make me look dumb
    Last edited by Big Ev; December 8, 2011 at 2:40 PM.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by jayz16 View Post

I think you nailed this on the head.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I think you nailed this on the head.
    Haha are you still expectingh im to become a star goal scorer

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Haha are you still expectingh im to become a star goal scorer
    Regardless of what I expect I still think the coaching staff there has done an Abysmal job finding out what he can do. By your own words he was having a good game the other night and the next night he was benched. It's just doesn't make any sense. How do you expect him to build chemistry if you do that.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ace

Hahaha... I doubt it. It seems more personal at this point for him to get into any action but you're right, we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. He may be digging his own grave with Ottawa.

EDIT... He's definitely not becoming what we expected him to be what he still has the tools, just has never gotten a chance to stick with any talent, due to his own or the coaching staff's doing.
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Regardless of what I expect I still think the coaching staff there has done an Abysmal job finding out what he can do. By your own words he was having a good game the other night and the next night he was benched. It's just doesn't make any sense. How do you expect him to build chemistry if you do that.
    but you're not looking at it from every angle. Not everything is about on-ice play. They want character on the ice and in their org. Filatov clearly lacks it.

I'm not saying they're 100% right, I have no idea what the heck filatov and whoever do behind the scenes and in practices. But I know they would not shun a guy and sit him out for no reason. These are experienced hockey men coaching the team. There is a reason he sits. Probably because MacLean doesn't want him up in the first place.

like I said though, just speculation on my part. I will defer to the people who know what they're doing.
    Last edited by Big Ev; December 8, 2011 at 2:52 PM.

Banned

like you both said, Bobby Butler would be sitting in the pressbox if everything was cut and dry, because he isn't producing anything at all. So that makes you wonder what happened between the Dallas game and their next game.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This situation is bizarre to say the least. Just let the guy play some games already and make a decision.

I suspect, as already stated, that some of this may have to do with Filatov forcing their hand to have him up now.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I always thought Filly would be a solid player but it looks like it won't be in the NHL.

Best thing the kid could do now is go home and play in Russia, light it up and show the NHL what they lost. Play with a chip on your shoulder works wonders sometimes. He has the skills, something is just missing tho.
    14 team ESPN Keeper league, weekly H2H(keep any 10, max 2 goalies) Play 2 of each forward position, 4 D and 2 G and 1 utility
    G, A, +/-, PIM, GWG, FOW, Hat, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, Saves, SO's, GAA, Save %
    2 pickups per week max(was at 3 but apple sauce forgot)

Forwards:Crosby, Parise, Sharp, Tarasenko, Strome, Kesler, Mikael Granland, Komarov, Roussel, Zajac, Versteeg, Smith Pelly, M Johansson
    Defense: Doughty,Franson, Vatanen, Wideman
    Goalies: Rinne, C.Anderson, Svedberg
    IR: Tom Wilson
    IR: Nichuskin

Dobber Sports Superstar

I wish all the threads I started generated this much interest!! All good comments and the bottom line is, who the hell knows what's going on. My two cents; Filatov has not been given a chance by the Sens. IMO, the Sens have nothing to lose by giving him a chance, they are not a contender, they are rebuilding and should be looking at potential top end talent that they desperately need to put things back on track. If ya think Greening, Condra and Butler are truly legitimate first or second line forwards, I disagree. They work their ass off, but in the pure talent department and potential upside, they are a lunch bucket crew. The future seems clear, the Sens will ice the best 3rd and 4th lines in the league for years but will NOT have a legitimate NHL calibre scoring line, let alone two scoring lines. Give Filatov 20 or 30 games!! At least then we'll know, the Sens will know and the saga can end!!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf