Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Ryan OTB?

Administrator

Assuming Carolina is in the mix I'd say one of McBain or Faulk could be a factor here. Both on rookie deals still and reasonably one of those two or Murphy needs to go and it won't be Murphy since that doesn't help the Ducks any time soon. I could see it being either one but McBain makes more sense with Fowler and Visnovsky already in tow. His two-way game is his best asset, not his pure offense. Of course maybe Murphy is the carrot that gets dangled.

It could be Jokinen that Carolina uses as the centerpiece so Anaheim can add to their Finnish dynamic or it could be Ruutu. Both have cheaper contracts than Ryan and can fill a top six role and would fit in the Ducks locker room. Either Jokinen's slick play or Ruutu's grinding work would fit in well.

Those two pieces alone could be enough. A solid young defenseman and an in his prime top six forward with a reasonable salary is a pretty decent return for the Ducks. Fill in the blanks with a couple of prospects/picks on either side to balance things a little bit more in the Ducks favour and that could be a deal. If what the Ducks want is to add depth now and yet somehow still save money then landing two players on cheap deals is the way to do it.

It's not perfect and you can argue if that sort of offer is better than some of what has been suggested but if the rumours are true that Carolina is involved you can outright assume that Staal, Skinner, Ward are off the table and that Kaberle and Pitkanen are too expensive for the Ducks' liking. That leaves us with younger defensemen and Jokinen/Ruutu as the best forwards. Both would fit.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

McBain going over to team up with Visnovsky on PP1...Wow...that'd be pretty crazy!

Dobber Sports Guru

Ruutu doesn't hold much value for Anaheim because of his upcoming UFA-status. Well not in a deal based around Bobby Ryan anyways. And JJ simply isn't good enough core piece in a deal for a player like Bobby Ryan. A package of either of those two and McBain would be just brutal deal for Anaheim. There's simply nowhere near enough value for Ryan. At minimum Carolina would need to add Brandon Sutter or 1st round pick in the mix.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Ruutu doesn't hold much value for Anaheim because of his upcoming UFA-status. Well not in a deal based around Bobby Ryan anyways. And JJ simply isn't good enough core piece in a deal for a player like Bobby Ryan. A package of either of those two and McBain would be just brutal deal for Anaheim. There's simply nowhere near enough value for Ryan. At minimum Carolina would need to add Brandon Sutter or 1st round pick in the mix.
    Sutter is very interesting. Becomes a much better fit as a 2nd line C than Cogliano. JJ replaces Ryan, at least insofar as he is a top six winger. Lastly McBain is a movable asset at Carolina seems to have a stockpile of similar d-men- but likely very enticing to the ducks. I still think this destroys what tiny iota of offensive depth carolina has to begin with though- unless the new coach is really invested in calling up the youth brigade...

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Sutter is very interesting. Becomes a much better fit as a 2nd line C than Cogliano. JJ replaces Ryan, at least insofar as he is a top six winger. Lastly McBain is a movable asset at Carolina seems to have a stockpile of similar d-men- but likely very enticing to the ducks. I still think this destroys what tiny iota of offensive depth carolina has to begin with though- unless the new coach is really invested in calling up the youth brigade...
    Yeah I can't see how Carolina could afford to give up both Sutter and Jokinen in the same deal. They're already thin on C and that's their #2 and #3 C. Ruutu could always go back to being C but they'd still be lacking there.

I just don't see Carolina a good fit. Simply because they don't really have the assets to get a guy like Ryan. They probably have even less of depth than Anaheim does and the pieces they could part just aren't good enough for a guy like Ryan. Ruutu (upcoming UFA), Jokinen (guys like JJ aren't centerpieces in deals for guys like Ryan), McBain (unproven), Faulk (unproven) etc... meh. While nice pieces all of them, not one good enough to be a center piece in deal for Ryan. Their 1st rounder holds very much value though but wouldn't they be foolish to give up on that pick and a chance for Yakupov?
    Last edited by Carcillo; December 1, 2011 at 5:08 AM.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

, Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    RW-
    D-
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Pro

Hold UP!!!!! Boudreau a DUCK! Bobby will likely be staying.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381670

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    Hold UP!!!!! Boudreau a DUCK! Bobby will likely be staying.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381670
    Yeah, I think so too.

http://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger/s...17097928388608
    Last night a team interested in B.Ryan and talking with Ana said based on asking price a coaching change was more likely.

The Great One

This makes sense...all teams should take this approach. I mean, why not field offers for a player like Ryan. If you get a great return, go ahead and make the deal. That would obviously shake up the team dynamics, without hurting the team long-term either. That said, if you can't get what you want for a player like Ryan, then you make a coaching change.

Although it would have been nice to see a good old hockey trade, with a player like Ryan in the prime of his career being traded for a similar player or two, I think Anaheim did the right thing by hanging onto him and making a coaching change instead.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Stud

They can still try trading Ryan and improving their roster....

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    They can still try trading Ryan and improving their roster....
    and they might, but similar to St. Louis (who were rumored to be dealing Stewart before Hitchcock was hired), I think they will leave the squad alone for a while to see what BB can do with the team. BB will have input on what players to possibly move or keep, based on what he wants to do with the team.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

Ana will still be down to 1 line with Selanne's upcoming retirement. A trade for offensive depth (2nd liners, not 4th) and a cheap Dman still make a ton of sense to me, but I do agree that unless they're blown away with an offer, they'll give Boudreau a chance with the current roster.

Anaheim clearly wants to cut salaries, and a year from now they'll be looking at extending both getzlaf and perry, which'll move them up from $5m-ish to $7m-ish each.
    Puts them at $30m between Getz/Perry/Ryan/Hiller + 5.5m dman (Visnovsky or not, they'll have a 5.5 dman).
    They're at 60m now and looking to cut down, (out of my ass) to say 55m.
    Fowler is a RFA the same year Getz/Perry are UFAs, so theres a good 4m+ there too, leaving them with a little over 20m to fill out a team. You can't even get a good 2nd line for 10m, so the salaries don't fit.

I still see them moving Ryan and trying to resign Getz/Perry. The other option is trading a UFA Getz/Perry at the deadline next year, and that'll get them less than a Ryan trade now.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Guru

"Despite coaching change, Ducks still considering offers for Bobby Ryan, others. They know they're not contenders as is."
    http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisBottaNHL/...94288645103616

Let the speculation continue!
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

, Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    RW-
    D-
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Grand Master

RealKyper Nick Kypreos
    #Ducks GM Bob Murray has assured Bobby Ryan he is off #NHL trading market today. Also told Ryan's desire to be moved is no longer an issue.
    ...and let the speculation end.

Banned

Not sure why the Ducks won't trade Ryan for the super awesome proposed Leafs offers... I would have taken that in a heartbeat and be laughing all the way to the bank.

Much like when Calgary dumped Phaneuf in Toronto for Hagman, Stajan and some other superstar!

Ducks missed the boat big time on this one...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    ...and let the speculation end.
    I still say the Ryan for Schenn and a blowjibber deal is still on the table.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg