Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Ryan OTB?

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Ducks really do need more depth and trading Ryan is just what they need. I still think Boston is looking like one of the best trading partners with their C and D depth plus picks and prospects. I can't wait to see what happens!
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Stud

WTF. This still amazes me. Jeff Carter and Mike Richards raised my eyebrows just becuse you usually hear 100 rumors about stars being shipped and nothing really happens. But the Ryan scenario, much more so.

This being a fantasy site, what's best case REASONABLY POSSIBLE scenario? Worst case?
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I believe the Ducks would be looking to get a quality forward and defenseman + a 1st round in return. For example,

Leafs trade Kadri + Gunarsson or Franson + 1st round pick for Ryan.
    12 teams, H2H Points, Limited Keeper League (10th year), 6 keepers. 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G
    G (2), A (1), +/- (0.5), PIM (0.2), GWG (1), HAT (2), HIT (0.1), BLK (0.2), PPP (1), SHP (2)
    W (3), L (-1), GA (-1.), SV (0.2), SO (2)

Keepers = Barkov, Panarin, Marner, Stone, Josi, Fleury

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by supaguy46 View Post
    I believe the Ducks would be looking to get a quality forward and defenseman + a 1st round in return. For example,

Leafs trade Kadri + Gunarsson or Franson + 1st round pick for Ryan.
    Not enough. They need someone to produce now (a Kulemin) as well. Add Kule, and a Bozak for Koivu swap, and I think its getting somewhere.

2 things to remember tho. Whoever gets the best player wins the deal, and theres going to be 29 teams making offers. You dont just need to make a fair offer for Ryan, but beat out those other 28 teams, which is where even adding Kule and Bozak probably isnt enough.
    Last edited by duducks; November 30, 2011 at 3:50 PM.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Administrator

Not to be too big of a troll but this Luke Schenn "rock" on the blueline is he the same guy averaging the sixth least amount of ice time of all Leafs defensemen, even less than how much the are playing Mike Komisarek? And is this the same guy who they only throw out on the second unit penalty kill because they are afraid of what might happen if they use Gardiner or Liles instead?

Look, I like Schenn and his upside but there's been a regression. He has not been all that good this season.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Without reading 21 pages of posts... can anybody tell me what the DobberNation consensus is on where/what will happen with Bobby Ryan?
    There was no consensus.

However, more importantly than Bobby Ryan, it appears that a consensus has been reached in this thread that Leaf fans are apparently all jerkoffs

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Not to be too big of a troll but this Luke Schenn "rock" on the blueline is he the same guy averaging the sixth least amount of ice time of all Leafs defensemen, even less than how much the are playing Mike Komisarek? And is this the same guy who they only throw out on the second unit penalty kill because they are afraid of what might happen if they use Gardiner or Liles instead?

Look, I like Schenn and his upside but there's been a regression. He has not been all that good this season.
    Komi is being showcased. I hate seeing him out there, but its for the good of the team. If they treat him like their 8th dmen, they'll get nothing for him. Treat him like their 3rd dman, and they might be able to get rid of him.

Schenn had a horrible start to the season. I was calling for him to be sent down, and Aulie called up. His season has turned the corner tho. He isn't an offensive force by any means, but he's no Komisarek either. Schenn has shown some brilliance with the puck in his own zone that I didn't think we'd ever see from him. Short saucer passes to start a break out, spinning with the puck to dodge a check and make the smart pass out. I don't mind the puck on his stick at all. He's also had to change his game a bit, as he's now the "vet" of his D-pairing (Gardiner being the other).

If a horrible start to the season decreases Schenn's value, then the Ducks wont get more than a 2nd rounder for Bobby Ryan.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    There was no consensus.

However, more importantly than Bobby Ryan, it appears that a consensus has been reached in this thread that Leaf fans are apparently all jerkoffs
    That and apparently you can trade spare Ford parts for a Ferrari!
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Whichever team gets him - assuming one does - they will have to overpay. Know that.

That's just how it is nowadays.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by duducks View Post
    Komi is being showcased. I hate seeing him out there, but its for the good of the team. If they treat him like their 8th dmen, they'll get nothing for him. Treat him like their 3rd dman, and they might be able to get rid of him.

Schenn had a horrible start to the season. I was calling for him to be sent down, and Aulie called up. His season has turned the corner tho. He isn't an offensive force by any means, but he's no Komisarek either. Schenn has shown some brilliance with the puck in his own zone that I didn't think we'd ever see from him. Short saucer passes to start a break out, spinning with the puck to dodge a check and make the smart pass out. I don't mind the puck on his stick at all. He's also had to change his game a bit, as he's now the "vet" of his D-pairing (Gardiner being the other).

If a horrible start to the season decreases Schenn's value, then the Ducks wont get more than a 2nd rounder for Bobby Ryan.
    My point still stands. He has not been solid as a rock.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by duducks View Post

Ok, I must be honest I have missed the last 3 games, but I have seen probably 90% of Leaf games over the last 4 years. Is this the same Schenn your talking about showing brilliance while handling the puck in his own end who normally handles it like it is a live grenade... If so I'm really looking forward to seeing him tonight...
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; November 30, 2011 at 8:12 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

tpanotchCSN Tim Panaccio
    for what it's worth (Buffalo Sprinigfield), #flyers are NOT in Bobby Ryan's sweeps
    Huh. That's no fun.

Dobber Sports Genius

Would be pretty sick if he did go to the Leafs. That team would light it up even more. Hopefully they don't have to give up the farm for him.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Genius

I really don't like the idea of him going to NY. Sure he might play well with Richard's, but that just doesn't excite me all that much. Though if he does end up on a line with Callahan, I could enjoy that if there is chemistry.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Geebus, Pegula, should ship Grags, Pommer and Stafford for him. Not sure how the cap fits but I'd be fine w/that.

Of course he wont cuz Pommer is the captain. Substituting Boyes, Hecht or Roy would do just fine as well.
    @SmittysRant