Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Ryan OTB?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I was of the understanding the Ducks are in need of secondary scoring along with a puck moving d-man (due to Vis' injury bug).

Sounds perfect for a Stafford, Boyes, and Sekera swap.
    Haha... I agree here. Buffalo has the best package to offer and it's not close imo. Though I think they pass on Boyes. Staff, Ennis and Sekera for Ryan and something.

Does Regeir pull the trigger though?
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?

Well... if you're a GM and you're making a trade, who would you rather have... the 15 point shut down guy or the 30 point (more like 40 in my opinion) shut down guy?
    Well for starters Schenn hasn't proven himself to be that guy in the first place. And this has nothing to do with who would you rather own between Smid and Schenn. I said Schenn projects to be a Smid-like player with a bit better offensive upside and there's no way in hell ANA moves Ryan for a player like that.

Dobber Sports Legend

Just to toss my hat in the ring, re: Myers vs. Schenn - I think Tyler Myers has the size, skills and potential to be an ELITE, Norris Trophy contending defenseman in the NHL. I cannot say the same thing about Luke Schenn. Comparing them to finished products, Myers could one day end up Chara and Schenn more like Regehr (or Foote if he's lucky). Right now it's too early to say who is better, but if I were an NHL GM and could have my choice, I'd take Myers 10x out of 10. Just my personal opinion.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    okay Leaf fans, no offense but you guys gotta stop being so ****ing ridiculous...

why do leaf fans/press think that they are involved in EVERY possible trade in the NHL?

"center of the universe" is more like "idiots thinking they live in the center of the universe, while really they live in a city that sucks while their minds are in dreamland"

Seriously though, ALL packages that I've seen for leaf players, have been absolutely terrible. No way Ryan goes for something like that, unless Burke can manipulate the Anaheim GM.

I had another thought, but I completely lost it because of the nonsense I have read aka leafrumors lol.

If I think of it, I ll come back and post it
    Couldn't agree more...all of the offers I've read on here are absolutely ridiculous. I mean seriously, who the hell thinks he's actually going to go to Nashville? I mean really? How can the Ducks even make a trade with an AHL team anyway? Is that even possible?

Last edited by duballstar014; November 29, 2011 at 5:32 PM.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Also I'm sorry if I'm the first to point this out to you Blayze... but Luke Schenn had a career high ppg in the WHL of 28 in 57 games, after 3 years in the WHL. That's a 40 point pace over 82 games... So you think he can hit a number he could barely hit in the WHL in the NHL?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not really one to care about college stats when I have 3 years of NHL data and over 60 live Leafs games taken in from the front row over the last 3 season to go on.

Let's agree to disagree... I still think it's insane that you can compare Schenn to Smid, but that's besides my point altogether (and that wasn't a dig at you personally).

I just wanted to express how crazy I think some of the armchair quarterbacks in this thread are when they say that original 4 for 1 deal was ridiculous. Not that I'm a professional GM myself, but I've at least had the chance to work for the organization that owns MLSE and sat in on some of their high level meetings and chatted with their execs in the Director's Lounge on occasion so at least I've had the benefit of hearing their perspectives on building a franchise.

Dobber Sports Master

How are the Leafs' trade proposals all ridiculous? I've seen a couple that have been a bit spotty, but the majority of them have been feasible.

The way I'm thinking about it is this: It took the Kings Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds to land Mike Richards this offseason. The Flyers wanted Kulemin+Kadri for Richards, who is better than Bobby Ryan. Even if you want to argue that Ryan is better, that's what we're looking at here.

I think Kadri+Kulemin+Aulie is more than fair for Ryan. That gives the Ducks a solid defenseman down the road who can play with Fowler, a top 10 draft choice, and a hard-working winger who can fit multiple roles. It's nearly identical to what the Flyers asked for when it came to Richards.

On another note, comparing Schenn to Smid is pure Ludicrous. Myers is better than Schenn, I agree with that. But Schenn is an absolute rock on defense, who can generate offense when the situation calls for it. Schenn not only has more upside, but plays a more physical game (got 251 hits last year, Smid has 278 in his career), blocks more shots, takes less penalties, and has better hockey sense. Also worth noting that Schenn's +/- total in the two seasons prior to 11/12 (when the Leafs were pretty shitty) is a -5, including +2 in the year that we finished 2nd last. Comparing that to Smid's career total of -42, it's worth noting.

Finally, we're not making this an argument about cities. Leave that out of it, all it does is end up with people getting pissed off.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    How are the Leafs' trade proposals all ridiculous? I've seen a couple that have been a bit spotty, but the majority of them have been feasible.

The way I'm thinking about it is this: It took the Kings Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds to land Mike Richards this offseason. The Flyers wanted Kulemin+Kadri for Richards, who is better than Bobby Ryan. Even if you want to argue that Ryan is better, that's what we're looking at here.

I think Kadri+Kulemin+Aulie is more than fair for Ryan. That gives the Ducks a solid defenseman down the road who can play with Fowler, a top 10 draft choice, and a hard-working winger who can fit multiple roles. It's nearly identical to what the Flyers asked for when it came to Richards.

On another note, comparing Schenn to Smid is pure Ludicrous. Myers is better than Schenn, I agree with that. But Schenn is an absolute rock on defense, who can generate offense when the situation calls for it. Schenn not only has more upside, but plays a more physical game (got 251 hits last year, Smid has 278 in his career), blocks more shots, takes less penalties, and has better hockey sense. Also worth noting that Schenn's +/- total in the two seasons prior to 11/12 (when the Leafs were pretty shitty) is a -5, including +2 in the year that we finished 2nd last. Comparing that to Smid's career total of -42, it's worth noting.

Finally, we're not making this an argument about cities. Leave that out of it, all it does is end up with people getting pissed off.
    I wasn't really serious about agreeing with Dutch's comments...it was more sarcasm and making fun of Nashville (Dutch's fav).
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Rookie

Love that the leafs prospects are being called scraps, thats fine, because our scraps have been keeping us atop the eastern conference.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by duballstar014 View Post
    I wasn't really serious about agreeing with Dutch's comments...it was more sarcasm and making fun of Nashville (Dutch's fav).
    Didn't even see your comment, don't worry

Not meant for you in any way, I'm good at catching internet sarcasm.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

You clearly missed the part where I said "this year". Smid has had an injury riddled career and has really come into his own this year. It is this year that I'm referring to.

Smid: 53 hits, 65 blocks, 14 PIM this year
    Schenn: 66 hits, 37 blocks, 26 PIM this year

So let's see... Smid is on pace for 189 hits, 232 blocks, 50 PIM. Schenn is on pace for 235 hits, 132 blocks, 93 PIM.

So yea, he outhits Smid by a bit, but Smid obliterates him in blocks and takes far less penalties.

Anyway, I digress - not because Schenn is beyond overrated by Leafs fans, but because I've diverged far too much from the topic at hand.
    Last edited by dyzfunctioned; November 29, 2011 at 5:43 PM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    Agree with your wholeheartedly Dutch. Hate to group people together but Leaf fans are the worst when it comes to trade rumors. It really grinds on me after a while.
    I bet it really GRINDS you we are tied for 3rd in the hole NHL and kicking your teams ASS Eh? Waaaaaahoooooo!!!!!! GO LEAFS GO!!!!
    H2H, 12 Gm'z, 12 keeper,5 Farm,8 reserve's A,G,DG,Hat.T,GWG,PPA,PPG,SHG,SHOG,SO,W, D'z 2 points for goal one for assits. Plus PPA PPG for defence. Dress 9 F 5D 1 G.

J.Tavares,C.Giroux,A.Kopitar,E.Staal,R.Getzlaf,P.K essel,J Neal,B.Burns

S.Weber,E.Karlsson,J.Gardnier,M.Streit
    Marc-Andre Fleury

Farm: T.Toffoli,N.Bjugstad,D.Hamilton,C.Ceci,D.Pouliot

Keepers Set for
    Updated Nov 2 2013

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    You clearly missed the part where I said "this year". Smid has had an injury riddled career and has really come into his own this year. It is this year that I'm referring to.

Smid: 53 hits, 65 blocks, 14 PIM this year
    Schenn: 66 hits, 37 blocks, 26 PIM this year

So let's see... Smid is on pace for 189 hits, 232 blocks, 50 PIM. Schenn is on pace for 235 hits, 132 blocks, 93 PIM.

So yea, he outhits Smid by a bit, but Smid obliterates him in blocks and takes far more penalties.

Anyway, I digress - not because Schenn is beyond overrated by Leafs fans, but because I've diverged far too much from the topic at hand.
    On pace is the dumbest way to value players. The fact that Schenn had an awful October, I don't take any of that into consideration.

I'm in no way overrating Schenn. You're just highly overrating Smid. Schenn is no future Norris winner or all-star, but he will be better than Smid this year, the next, and for the foreseeable future.

The Great One

After reading this thread

- ALL trade "proposals" seem terrible until they are actually trades
    - Bobby Ryan HAS LOTS character
    - That Bobby Ryan article didn't "kill" this thread
    - Players get traded for so many reasons. In this case, Ducks are looking for a 2nd line, and a solid D.
    - And sometimes teams make awful decisions are regret it later! Signing Redden over Chara?

Players get traded for whatever reason. No one on here knows what hes going to fetch, so everyone can stop acting like they know!

I can list a bunch of trades where a star player gets traded, and it shocked almost everyone.

On pace is the dumbest way to value players. The fact that Schenn had an awful October, I don't take any of that into consideration.

I'm in no way overrating Schenn. You're just highly overrating Smid. Schenn is no future Norris winner or all-star, but he will be better than Smid this year, the next, and for the foreseeable future.
    At no point have I said I would take Smid over Schenn. But he's been better than Schenn this year and you can't even argue that. All I said was Schenn projects to be a player similar to Smid with a better offensive game - how many times do I have to say this.

And yes, you are overrating Schenn.