Thread: "Real" NHL Value

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default "Real" NHL Value

Thinking of my Canucks here... He seems like a great support player, could eventually be a 2nd line player in my opinion, and he would add some grit and physicality to a relatively "soft" Vancouver squad.

But the question is, what type of value does a player like Cal Clutterbuck carry in the NHL?

Would a package that involved Mason Raymond as the key piece be enough? Or is that not even in the ballpark? I have no idea how to peg the value of a guy like Clutterbuck, because you don't really see guys like him traded that often.

Dobber Sports Ace

Fair question. I don't think a package with Raymond would be enough. Mainly because like you mentioned, he's just to valuable to his club. Put it this way, he's a hitting machine, aware defensively, chips in offensively, blocks shots, great team guy, well liked in the lockerroom, does tons for the community AND is the highest selling Wild jersey.

There is no doubt in my mind that'd he'd end up captain if it weren't for them having an already great leader in Koivu. He's Callahan out west.
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yea, Wild have no reason to move him.

Fan favorite, big hitter, effective on both ends of the ice. A lesser version of Callahan in a way.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Clutterbuck..damn I want to pick him up in a 14-team 1yr league but no one to drop