Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Letang

Dobber Sports Apprentice

boouyeah!!!!

Dobber Sports Guru

**** YA!!

pgshelly Shelly Anderson
    #Penguins GM Shero: Not only will Kris Letang (concussion) be in AM skate Tue, but he is fully cleared and will play soon, but not Tue

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    **** YA!!

pgshelly Shelly Anderson
    #Penguins GM Shero: Not only will Kris Letang (concussion) be in AM skate Tue, but he is fully cleared and will play soon, but not Tue

That's awesome news, my defense has been decimated with injuries to Byfuglien and Letang. Fingers crossed that this is the only time we have to deal with this!
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Guru

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ce=twitterfeed

Penguins general manager Ray Shero said today that top defenseman Kris Letang, one of the team's core players, not only will join the team for its game-day skate Tuesday but is fully medically cleared.

Letang, who had a concussion and has been out since Nov. 26, won't play Tuesday because he'll need at least some time to get "comfortable and confident" in practice, Shero said, but he should be in the lineup soon. Although he hasn't practiced, Letang has been undergoing rigorous on-ice workouts. Just today, Shero said, there was one with coach Dan Bylsma.

This is great news for the Penguins. Letang is perfect for the team's system and is the quarterback of the power play.

Who knows? Perhaps the Penguins will get healthy for the stretch run and playoffs yet.

Dobber Sports Expert

^^^^^^^ Seconded saw this in my Fantrax player feed. Not even gonna lie, it give me a chubby.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    ^^^^^^^ Seconded saw this in my Fantrax player feed. Not even gonna lie, it give me a chubby.
    A healthy Letang means BIG things for the Pittsburgh Penguins. Things are certainly looking up for the near future of the club.

Some thoughts about what Letang brings to the club in the Penguins Thread [link in sig.] if any of 'yall wanna check it out...

Oh happy Day.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Guru

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...ensinsidescoop

Penguins defenseman Kris Letang returned to practice with his teammates on Tuesday for the first time in over two months.

“It feels great just to be back on the ice,” said Letang, who has missed the last 20 games with a concussion and a broken nose sustained Nov. 26 vs. Montreal. “And today being the first time with my teammates, it felt really good.”

While Letang felt fine on the ice this morning, he said that he will see how the week goes and talk with Penguins general manager Ray Shero and the coaching staff before they determine a return date.

Letang admitted he’d like to play as quickly as possible, saying “the sooner the better. I want to get ready for this week.”

But with that being said, Letang also knows he can’t rush a return to game action, especially with how long he’s been out.

“Obviously we don’t want to rush it. I had a lot of discussions with (Shero) and the coaches,” Letang said. ‘We’re going to make a decision when I’m going to be ready. … We’ll see how the week goes.”

It’s been a long road to recovery for the talented young blueliner, who started experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, nausea and headaches the morning after absorbing a high hit from Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty. Letang, 24, had symptoms for about a month afterward before he started feeling better.

“With my concussion, I went through a month with a lot of symptoms and not being able to get out of bed,” he said. “It was rough times. But as I was getting better and starting to get treated by different people, it just went better and better. When I got symptom-free, that’s the first time I tried to exercise.”

Letang took the next step in his recovery by joining his teammates at practice today. And he couldn’t conceal his excitement at being back around the guys and being able to skate.

“Honestly, I’ve been up since 7 (a.m.),” he said. “Usually I wake up around 8 or 9. I was really excited to go to the rink today and have the chance to practice with the guys.”

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Would love it if Letang surprised us by being in the lineup tonight, but that's not likely going to happen. I'm so excited for his return that I already activated from my IR yesterday in anticipation for his return. The day he went down was the day my team started taking a dump.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post

That's awesome news, my defense has been decimated with injuries to Byfuglien and Letang. Fingers crossed that this is the only time we have to deal with this!
    I hear you man, my lead has been dwindling since these two went down, can't get them back in the lineup soon enough! Now I just need ebs and Sid to get healthy
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ditto.
    I picked up Byfuglien in a trade a week into his injury thinking he'd be back asap.
    I've been using Elliott (who hasn't been putting up points recently) and the tandem of Johnson and Doughty to get me through...and Weber
    It was rough when Weber was out too I tells ya!

Dobber Sports Stud

update from yahoo:

D Kris Letang, who hasn't played since receiving a concussion in Montreal on Nov. 26, has been cleared to play. Letang did not play on Tuesday against Carolina, but there is a chance he will play this week in games on Thursday against the Rangers and on Friday at home against the Canadiens. Letang skated with the team for the first time since the injury during Tuesday's morning skate and reported no problems.
    (Yahoo! Sports)
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Guru

from twitter:

PensInsideScoop Pens Inside Scoop
    #Pens Bylsma: Chance Letang could play tomorrow or another game before (All-Star) break -Sam

@pgshelly
    Shelly Anderson Bylsma: Malkin just a day of; Asham still sick and day to day; Letang a possibility for Thursday vs NYR

Dobber Sports Stud

Any news if letang is going to play thursday?
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Probably a game time decision - I activated him just in case.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Probably a game time decision - I activated him just in case.
    Same. The cost to do so was dropping Tomas Kaberle. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over that even if it takes Letang until after the All Star break to come back lol.

I'll try to update as soon as something pops up.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!