Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Letang

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by bigmamadog317 View Post
    Honestly. With the way things have been going in the league I don't think that he would have been suspended even if Letang's career was ended on the hit.
    I'll totally agree that Shanahan has been a total wild-card lately. After being heavy-handed w/ the suspensions early on in the season, he's eased off dramatically so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

First gut reaction though, is that the hit was total bullshit. Targeted head. Frankly, I'm surprised that Pacioretty would be doing stuff like that.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Letang was shooting the puck at the time of the hit which meant his head was at chest level due to the fact that he was leaned over taking the shot. Pretty tough not to hit his head in that situation. It was not a "high hit" in my opinion. What I didn't like about the hit was that it was Scott Stevens-like. Letang was coming through a small crowd at the blue line and Pax took advantage of the fact that Letang couldn't see him until the last second. Stevens specialty. Those hits almost always result in injury whether the head is targeted or not. So yes, in my mind it was a cheap shot and it should be reviewed. Sweet payback that followed in OT though.
    NHL 12 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Crosby,Getzlaf,Granlund
    LW - Pacioretty,E.Kane,Hartnell
    RW - Backes,Simmonds,SamGagne
    D - Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,Hamilton
    G - Lundqvist,Fleury,Schneider,Bryz
    IR - Kovy

MLB 9 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, W, L, SV, BB, K, ERA

C - C.Santana
    1B - Ortiz
    2B - Kinsler
    3B - Alvarez
    SS - Andrus
    OF - Trout,McCutchen,Kemp
    Util - Myers,Butler
    BN - Profar,Freese,Gyorko,Brantley
    SP - Price,Gio,Moore,Harvey,Miller,H.Bailey
    RP - Chapman,Frieri,K.Jansen
    DL - Beachy,Pineda

Dobber Sports Veteran

Broken nose as per NHL.com and RDS.ca.

Is Letang going to miss some games ???
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Superstar

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11332...d=penguins.xml
    Penguins defenseman Kris Letang is questionable for Tuesday's road game against the Rangers as a result of facial injuries he suffered Saturday in Montreal.

Letang suffered a broken nose in the third period when he was struck in the face by the shoulder of Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty. Letang missed the final of 3:14 of regulation but returned in overtime and scored the winning goal in a 4-3 victory.

After skipping the early portion of practice at Southpointe today to see doctors for his nose as well as any potential signs of a concussion, Letang took to the ice, primarily to test his ability to breathe. He said he will undergo an imPACT test for a concussion tomorrow.

When asked about his status for tomorrow's game, Letang said, "All right so far. A problem breathing but that's part of it. I wanted to test it out there to see how I feel. We'll talk tomorrow with the (doctors)."

Head coach Dan Bylsma did not specifically say whether Letang would be available for tomorrow's game. "I haven't spoken with him but he seemed to get in a pretty good skate in at the end of practice," he said. "I think he's doing fine right now."

When asked about the possibility of recalling a defenseman such as Alexandre Picard from their AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Bylsma said, "We're not under the impression we need to call someone right now."

Dobber Sports Stud

I think he misses 1 game at least. Then comes back with a caged helmet
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

What a kick in the nads

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_769562.html

Penguins defensemen Kris Letang and Zbynek Michalek will not play tonight against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden. Each player has returned to Pittsburgh for further evaluation, general manager Ray Shero said through a member of the media relations staff just before 5 p.m.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Man, that's weird, the guy gets his nose crushed and manages to get back in the game and score the winner then he misses the next game - the "c" word is on my mind.

Dobber Sports Pro

Not a huge shock. The swelling usually gets crazy over 48 hours after busting your nose. Plus, if they needed to reset it, they may have sat him as a precaution so he does not go out and snap it again.
    Sometimes there are breathing issues after as well, that just need time. And there is always the x-rays of the cheek and orbital bone that need some time to see clearly.

Unfortunately I have lead with my nose in a few altercations and speak with some unwanted experience in these matters. But you should have seen all the (my) blood on the other guy!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    Not a huge shock. The swelling usually gets crazy over 48 hours after busting your nose. Plus, if they needed to reset it, they may have sat him as a precaution so he does not go out and snap it again.
    Sometimes there are breathing issues after as well, that just need time. And there is always the x-rays of the cheek and orbital bone that need some time to see clearly.
    Pretty much this.

Dobber Sports Expert

Agreed with the above about the nose thing (from 4 experiences). But, then again....sent back for further observations also has that "c" word hint in there too.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post

Unfortunately I have lead with my nose in a few altercations and speak with some unwanted experience in these matters. But you should have seen all the (my) blood on the other guy!
    Exactly. Also, Letang probably has a very stiff neck and a bit of a headache. If he was concussed, he probably wouldn't have skated with the team today after being evaluated yesterday. I bet he's back on Saturday.
    Defending champ but still hungover

Dobber Sports Guru

Bylsma:

Kris Letang suffered the hit to the head (in Montreal), a facial injury. He has felt fine for a couple days and skated with us after being evaluated a couple different ways on Monday. He skated with us, felt fine. Started to get some symptoms in New York. He also has a virus and some sickness. So there’s some other things going on there with Kris that he’s not even to the point where he can take a baseline test right now because he’s ill. He is suffering from a virus as well. So they are both in 24-48 hour (timelines), to kind of see where they both go from here.

On Letang’s illness presenting symptoms that could be comparable to a concussion:
    Yes. In addition to the injury to the head, the shot to the head that produced a broken nose, flying (on the plane to New York produced) some of that swelling. So kind of we’re waiting to see over a precautionary 24-48 hours to see how they’re doing and go from there. But both are not going to be there (Thursday).
    http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=603892&navid=DL|PIT|home
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow that just put a dampener on my day. Thanks for letting us know Carcillo...even though I wish you hadn't
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Ace

I hope to god that its only a broken nose, I did something I normally dont do which is drafted him in multiple leagues. Lets hope for the best
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Letang not playing tonight and news is that he is experiencing concussion symptoms. No official word on it yet although one would assume that if he is indeed dealing with a concussion, he may be out a while given the way Crosby and the team handled Crosby's concussion.

Looks like Martin is stepping up on the PP. Considering grabbing him now. 4pts in last 4.