Thread: Drop Green?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Drop Green?

I have had in in my keeper league for 4 years and without a doubt 2 years ago he was by far and away the best fantasy defenceman.This is a salary cap league and at this point in the year my options are limited. Whitney and Liles seem to be the best options. FA moves are limited as well.

Stay the course and hope when he returns he can stay healthy or time to say goodbye to Green and if so which D to replace him.

Help
    Thanks

The Great One

It is unreal how much Green's value has dropped in two short years. I own him in one of my leagues, and someone recently told me he wouldn't trade Fowler straight up for Green in that league. Although I still consider him a top 5 fantasy dman in keeper leagues, I think many people no longer consider him a top 10 or even top 15 option.

All that said, I would definitely not be dropping him for the likes of Liles or Whitney. If you really want to dump him, I'd just hang onto him until he returns to the lineup, and if he can get on a bit of a hot streak, flip him then in a deal for whatever return you can, even if it means someone like Fowler, Subban, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, etc. Personally, I still value Green more than those players, but I think at this point getting a return like that for Green is reasonable, considering his very low value atm.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Initiate

His only problem is injuries. When he gets back he will be his usuall productive self. I personally like him and won't trade him