Thread: Adam Larsson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Adam Larsson

Just noticed that after going 0 in 9 to start the season, Larsson followed with 6pts in his last 11 games. I very much like what I'm seeing from him and just wanted to give the guy 2 thumbs up!

Cheers. C

Dobber Sports Apprentice

And Parise/Kovalchuk haven't even been going yet so it's a good sign. I am a lot more impressed by Larsson than I was with Hedman in Hedman's 1st season but I still don't think that he'll be one of the better recen rookies offensively. He is good defensively though so if you like the safe option then you would pick him over a guy like Murphy or Ellis despite him having less offensive upside.

And I love his $900,000 cap hit, wish Landeskog on Colorado had gotten something closer to that without bonuses because salary cap leagues usually count the cap hit.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Give him some more time and I think we are going to see some big things from Larsson. As Sportfreunde states the big guns in Jersey haven't even been firing yet!

I've watched a few Devils games though and Larsson looks really good.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I just find it impressive that an 18 year old rookie has the 2nd highest TOI/Game for the Devils this year, only behind Kovalchuk. That's a huge amount of responsibility for a rookie, and he seems to be handling it extremely well.
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Guru

Yep I have been very impressed with the games I have watched him play. his poise with the puck for a kid that just turned 19 is unbelievable. He gets leaned on a lot by the coach but that only shows how impressive and reliable he has been. The offense will come the more he gets settled into the NHL game and rink. He didnt put up big numbers in the SEL but he clearly has the offensive tools to complement his solid positional play, he could stand to use his big body some more but Im sure that will come. I think his upside may be lower than Murphy or Ellis but he has a much more reasonable chance of hitting that upside in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Legend

Larsson is a stud - period. As the Devils improve offensively and he becomes more comfortable taking risks, he'll produce a good deal. While I don't expect Kalrsson upiside (65-70), I see a mature Larsson being in the steady 45-50 ballpark with 55 upside - even 60 in a career year.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Agreed, this kid is very good. Amazing that he is only 18- plays like he has been in the NHL for years. While I am not sure he will put up quite as many points over his career, watching him play it reminds me of Lidstrom. Unreal for a kid to step in and play so well and with so much poise.

As for his point totals this year, watching the Devils play I am not sure that either Kovalchuk or Parise will get going anytime soon. Completely shocked by how little production the Devils are getting out of those two. They are far too good to be doing so mediocre. That said, I still think Larsson's point pace will increase a bit as he gets more and more comfortable.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blunas View Post
    Completely shocked by how little production the Devils are getting out of those two. They are far too good to be doing so mediocre.
    I don't think it's a problem of individual talent, but chemistry. Both players play a very similar style of game, but they clash. I see if as this scenario.

If you are the manager of your workers, well you can go out there and do your thing with your team, you know how to do your thing and get the most out of your workers and the team works cohesively...

Now put all the managers together and try getting them to work cohesively and that's a different story, managers don't want to step on each other's toes, they don't know what role they play now, and the team doesn't work as efficiently.

I think that's exactly the situation that's happening in NJ. In Atl, Kovo was the go to guy and did whatever he wanted controlled the play, managed his team... Parise had the same role with the Devils pre-Kovalchuk. Now you stick two managers together on the same team, and they're both trying to figure out who's going to be the main manager and who's going to become a worker and the team doesn't work as cohesively as they did individually.

Until they sort that out they'll continue to struggle IMO.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12