Thread: Drop which guy for Stastny

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Drop which guy for Stastny

The guy who had Stastny got tired of his "slow start" and dropped him. If the waiver claim I have (unfortunately 7 out of 10) goes through, who would be the best to drop of these 3 people: Doan, Hemsky or Harding (or do I drop Harding separately later on if Markstrom wins the starting gig back in Florida?)

Thank you.

Dobber Sports All-Star

With 2 goalie starts, I'd be inclined to drop Hemsky cause of his injury risk. Since he's a bench player, it doesnt hurt as much with Stastny's slow start.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Giant

Hrmm... as someone said in another thread yesterday, "this is a dilly of a pickly you're in here..." There's certainly a compelling argument for dropping each player, but there's also a counter-argument to keep each player as well.

As for Harding, he definitely still has some value, but lately Backstrom has been playing great as well, so going forward I expect Backstrom to re-assume the lion's share of the work, and Harding to go to a more traditional back-up role. It's pretty much happening right now... If he's not going to get a decent share of the workload going forward, then he should probably be your drop.

If you'd like to keep Harding around and ride out the situation a bit more, it comes down to Hemsky or Doan. In that case, it's basically a decision between upside and health. Doan will probably stay in the lineup for a full 80+ season, while Hemsky is almost guaranteed to sustain another injury. While Hemsky is in the lineup, though, you can count on solid production. Doan, on the other hand, tends to be more of a streaky player, but he will remain in the lineup. It's actually a very tough call... comparing a streaky/healthy player to a consistent/injury prone player... Ultimately, I would consider Doan the more "consistent" option since he will remain healthy likely for the full season. I expect both players to tally around 60+ points, but I think the steadier option will be Doan.

If I were making the decision, I would probably just drop Harding; however, if you want to hang onto him for a while, then I say you should ditch Hemsky. I usually don't like to deal with the headache of too many injuries.

Side note: I was under the impression that Markstrom was only re-called because Clemmensen was dealing with some soreness after his first start... Is there more to this story? Does Clemmensen have something worse going on than just "soreness" ?

Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd drop Hemsky for him.

Dobber Sports All-Star

If you are hell bent on grabbing him, I'd drop Doan. Hemsky is producing and Doan is not. You can't base all decisions on injuries that may occur. I don't know you really need Stastny anyway but I guess his chances of producing are greater than Doan's with what he has to work with.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Ninja

I definitely wouldn't drop Harding.

You have too many wingers... you mentioned Doan and Hemsky, but if I were you I'd drop Tanguay.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I definitely wouldn't drop Harding.

You have too many wingers... you mentioned Doan and Hemsky, but if I were you I'd drop Tanguay.
    That not a shabby option but i guess the frightend part in my usually prefer to drop the injury risk as long as i do not need to fully roll the dice to win my league, so i probably drop Hemsky here.

On the Clemmenson part. There is a rumor in Panthersland that CBJ is trying hard to get their hands on him, that might be the reason for the call up for Markstrom as well.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hemsky's an injury risk no doubt, but for the 50 or so games he'll play this year, he will outpoint Doan and Tanguay easily.

What I like to do with guys like Hemsky, Connolly and Gagne is ride them while they're hot ppg players, and then drop them the minute they get injured. It's a great short-term return. There will always be guys on the wire who's production is similar to Tanguay, but there won't be any who can rival Hemsky when he's actually playing.

Dobber Sports Sage

I honest can't decide between the forwards, but I think it is probably irrelevant any way. I can't possible see Stastny falling to 7. Sorry
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Damn, this is tough. Alot of different and strong opinions. However, I doubt i'm gonna drop Tanguay though because I think he will do the best by season's end of the wingers listed. He seems to only be minimally effected by Igggy's sh!tty season so far. And i'm not so sure I have "too many wingers" because I play Malkin and Giroux at center as needed. I have 3 true centers and 5 true wingers plus 2 dual eligible guys. I don't consider that an overload on wingers.

Dobber Sports Ninja

They're all marginal at best. I don't think it will make a diff if you drop any of them. The only one I wouldn't drop is Hemsky until he gets injured.

Dobber Sports Sage

I think I would drop one Harding if I had to choose. How many points is he actually going to accumulate for you as your 4th goalie being a back up!

Just a thought...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Before I started the thread I was leaning towards dropping Doan because i'm not a huge fan of Phoenix offensively. I do like that he is a relatively consistent PP producer though. But still, my gut tells me to lose Doan and just react swiftly if Hemsky gets hurt again. bigbabybuda may be right though, this may all be for nothing, but I just wanna be prepared just in case. Thanks all!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I think I would drop one Harding if I had to choose. How many points is he actually going to accumulate for you as your 4th goalie being a back up!

Just a thought...
    Yea, he does piss me off because Backstrom has been lights out and Harding is essentially giving me nothing. I think I might keep him though for the time being and just replacing him with a hotter hand (God willing) later on.

Dobber Sports Ace

Hemsky for me… no band-aid boys on my team.. and the ones I do have i'm trying to get rid of
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot