Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Skinner vs Tavares vs Seguin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    You could be right. Seguin is definitely talented enough to rack up big points. But it's been only 20 games. I feel we need to see more of this before elevating him to super-stardom.
    The only problem with the "wait to see" approach, like with all things in life, is that once it's evident to everyone then you're already too late.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i like to consider the cost of the keeper... some league do it based on when drafted.

I scored Couture and Skinner last year as UFAs. That being said... Skinner likely cost the most, followed by Taveres; then Seguin. So if somehow they all got drafted this year (and not held over), I'd go Seguin, Taveres; Skinner.

IMO (talent/potential alone): I go Seguin, Skinner; Tavares.
    CCRWRWLWLWFWDDDDUGG (4 bench; 2 IR)

Yahoo Head 2 Head; 2 Keepers
    (G),(A), (+/-), (PIM),(PPP),(SHP),(GWG),(SOG), (FW), (W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    The only problem with the "wait to see" approach, like with all things in life, is that once it's evident to everyone then you're already too late.
    I don't advocate not buying low on Seguin (or in general, of course), but we all know that ship has sailed. The time to buy on him was before the season started. What I mean is to not get overly-excited and label him a super-star after only 20 games of slightly above PPG pace. And of course, jumping the gun isn't always preferred to having a more patient approach to judging players.
    Last edited by VincentVega; November 22, 2011 at 1:49 PM.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't advocate not buying low on Seguin (or in general, of course), but we all know that ship has sailed. The time to buy on him was before the season started. What I mean is to not get overly-excited and label him a super-star after only 20 games of slightly above PPG pace.
    But when you compare their skill-sets the fact that he is a superstar speaks for itself and I doubt couldn't be had at this point for Tavares straight-up. Not ideal obviously as you'd like to pay lower than that, but still worth it straight-up when push comes to shove between the two.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't advocate not buying low on Seguin (or in general, of course), but we all know that ship has sailed. The time to buy on him was before the season started. What I mean is to not get overly-excited and label him a super-star after only 20 games of slightly above PPG pace. And of course, jumping the gun isn't always preferred to having a more patient approach to judging players.
    I don't think the ship has sailed. Your tentative view of him is the best case in point of that. He can be had for a lot cheaper today than by the end of the year if he ends up dropping 90 points that's for sure.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't think the ship has sailed. Your tentative view of him is the best case in point of that. He can be had for a lot cheaper today than by the end of the year if he ends up dropping 90 points that's for sure.
    He is hyped so much that he is already valued as a 90-point player. In reality, it's very unlikely he gets 90 this year. I don't think his stock will rise much between now and the end of the year. He ends up with 70 points and I think he can be had cheaper later, when he slows down.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

That is nice to read that because I want to trade Zett and E.Staal when they wake up because I want to make room for Seguin and Skinner for my franchise foward I am thinking about that since 2 weeks and whit your great opinion about Skinner-Seguin . That help my decision...
    Last edited by bluteau; November 22, 2011 at 9:38 PM.
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks all for your insight and opinions very interesting read. Earlier this season I traded my Green for Skinner and so far been very pleased with his preformance. As I see it they are in very different situations.

Seguin - Not yet (atleast not in the begining of the season) counted on for elit offensiv production in the bruins lineup, his preformance this season seems like a nice bonus for an already strong team.

Skinner - Counted on but still have Staal infront of him, therefore able to contribute without being pressured to outperform himself.

Tavares - Basically the man. Expected to carry Islanders offensiv production.

In this context I really like Skinners situation the most. I agree with most of you that had Tavares and Seguin ahead of Skinner as far as raw talent, but at the same time I do agree Skinners getting very little credit for his preformance.

I remember another thread "Benn vs Skinner" were almost everybody was picking the 3 year older Benn, love Benn but is he really that superior to Skinner?

Skinners goal against flyers the other night just puts a big smile on my face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j7EvpKwNPk
    Last edited by Marwin; November 23, 2011 at 5:11 AM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've gotta admit, that was a pretty sick goal... but Benn has tons of goals like that, youtube him

Dobber Sports Initiate

I've gotta admit, that was a pretty sick goal... but Benn has tons of goals like that, youtube him
    Yeah I know Im a huge fan of Benn have him on my roster:-). As a Shark fan I see alot of games in the pacific div. Some games Benn/Eriksson has been absolutly dominating. Benn also has a physical edge and is already a multicat. stud but Skinner hasnt turned 20 yet.
    Last edited by Marwin; November 23, 2011 at 11:04 AM.