Thread: 11/20/11 Studs & Duds

Administrator

Default 11/20/11 Studs & Duds

Kind of a quiet Sunday but fittingly so for us Canadians as CFL semifinals went down today. With my Eskies losing today being a big fat Dud, here are the rest of the Studs & Duds.

Big Wheels Keep on Turning

Or, start turning, if considering the likes of Henrik Zetterberg. The Red Wings big guns (Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen) each registered two points on Sunday, which will hopefully help them get their seasons back on track (or keep them going, ****ing Franzen). All three were also plus-two on the night. In related news, Brad Stuart registered two goals, one of which was short-handed. A solid boost for poolies in deep ass leagues.

Like a Fine Wine...

Marleau rises to the occasion. Yes I will keep on re-using that joke. I will not reduce it but I may in fact recycle it. Whatever I can do to help the environment right?

Marleau notched himself a hat trick tonight and while he loses style points for completing the hatty with an empty net goal it all counts the same for poolies. On top of the three goals (one of which was the game winner), Marleau registered one PPP, six SOG and was plus-one. That's a damn fine stat line. In a related note, Joe Thornton had three assists. Nice!

Hurricane Eric Has Finally Abated

You know that shit-storm that has sent your team into complete disarray; flinging around cows and automobiles of various sorts and drowning your plus/minus in a torrential down pour normally saved for spring time? Well, for tonight at least, that storm has passed. Yes indeed, Eric Staal not only avoided going minus on Sunday night but he actually scored and not just once but twice (both assists) and even better yet he went positive for what feels like the first time this whole season. Staal also added four SOG to boot. Hang up your rain-suit, put away the umbrella and start moving those sandbags off the lawn. Eric Staal is back baby! Let the good times roll.

HM

Skinamarinky Dinky Dink

Skinamarinky Do. I love you, Jeff Skinner. One goal, one assist, plus-two and five SOG for Skinner tonight as he continues to produce regardless of whom he plays with or how awful the Hurricanes are.

Hurricane Justin

Earlier this year I profiled Hurricanes defenseman Justin Faulk, touting him as one of the best blueline prospects in the league. I never expected results so soon though. Faulk registered his first NHL point on Sunday when Jussi Jokinen tipped-in his point shot. That was also his first power play point and tonight was the first time in his career that he’d finished with a positive plus/minus rating. Big ups Justin!

It's Filthy, It's Greissy!

Greiss was Sunday's top goaltender stopping 36 of 37 shots against the Avalanche in Colorado. Nice work for those lucky enough to snag him for a final day boost in H2H matchups.

It's Higgins

Higgins ended the final game of the night in overtime. Just thought I'd point that out.

Everyday he's Kesselin'

I am pretty much done talking about this guy but he scored both of the Leafs goals on Sunday, so I guess that is worth mentioning.

Duds

In a Pickle?

Major dud goes out to all the poolies jumping all over Vlasic's... erm... pickle. With another three assists tonight he is on some kind of streak. We've played this game with him before though. He has a career high of 36 points and isn't beating that this year. Pass on the pickle.

No One is Dancing a Gig Tonight

Giguere had the worst fantasy numbers of any goalie tonight. Allowing three goals on 17 shots is simply not the way to get the job done no matter how good the other team is.

(C)Ryan My Eyes Out

The whole Ducks top line was god awful on Sunday, with each of Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry going minus-three but Ryan was particularly awful. At least Getzlaf and Perry piggybacked Selanne's power play goal to provide some production. On top of that Getzlaf had two PIM and two SOG, while Perry had six SOG. Ryan though, he is just a dick. Not only was he held scoreless and minus-three but he only managed three SOG and did nothing else of consequence.

DHM

Laughing Time is Over

That's one way to explain how McBain owners should feel. Despite playing over five minutes on the power play, the hilariously named McBain put up donuts for his owners. What's more depressing is McBain played less overall ice time than any Hurricanes defenseman than Tomas Kaberle. Even the rookie, Faulk, got more ice time. Disappointing to say the least.

Falling Down the Hiller

Jonas Hiller continues to quietly suck a big fat duck this year. He was not exactly awful in the game on Sunday but his stats were once again disappointing.

Alex Auld... Alex Auld... Alex Auld...
    Last edited by metaldude26; November 21, 2011 at 1:13 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

LOL. That's all I have to say haha, love it.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Giant

Totally diggin' the Sharon, Lois, and Bram / Jeff Skinner reference in there... Good stuff man!
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Banned

Why is Auld a DHM?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Why is Auld a DHM?
    I just really wanted to pick on him.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

props to schneider tonight for one hell of a game…. hopefully luongo watched and saw that you can win games when you dont fall on your stomoch every play.
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot